cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

LB that is great that you are not so in the dark in your processing now. Hopefully, they have the interview scheduled soon and now you can make plans to go and see your beloved and like you said there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance: WOOHOO LEBANESEBRIDE! :dance::dance::dance:

I am soo happy and relieved for you! This is great news! It's good to at least have an explination! I hope he is here soon so you can finally be reunited and it's great that you are going to travel back to see him again!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Great news LB! Way to go...stay on them now... don't give any slack, you deserve answers!

woooohoooooooo!

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh, LB, so happy for you. Yes, make another trip there. I know how hard it is waiting for the children to get out of school to make these long trips. The best of luck to you and your husband and hope to hear an interview date sooooooooooooon!

Andrea

Hi Jess. Good, glad to hear u will be going home to visit family. I know it's hard to seperate from the husband and so unfair that he can't go with you, but look at it this way, the heart will grow fonder! Have a safe trip home if we don't chat anytime soon.

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Oh, LB, so happy for you. Yes, make another trip there. I know how hard it is waiting for the children to get out of school to make these long trips. The best of luck to you and your husband and hope to hear an interview date sooooooooooooon!

Andrea

Hi Jess. Good, glad to hear u will be going home to visit family. I know it's hard to seperate from the husband and so unfair that he can't go with you, but look at it this way, the heart will grow fonder! Have a safe trip home if we don't chat anytime soon.

Andrea

:lol: Just to clarify I don't have any children, I'm a teacher. :lol:

Thanks for the laugh !

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Only 210 wake ups left til i go home to see my son!! time will fly once summer gets here i am sure!!

LB glad you got some answers......seriously tho all the other ladies i have talked to going thru Lebanon it seems there are diff stories some take yrs while others only 6mths start to finish........goodluck hun!!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline

LB, ok, no children, the better, LOOOOOOOOOOOL When i saw children in your prior post, I thought you had children. So sorry! Anyway, good luck.

Well all, decided to make a trip to Jordan again, this will be the third time since I married my husband. Instead of going earlier, I will wait the 5 months and go for his interview date, which is 5 days prior to his bday and 7 days prior to our 1 year marriage anniversary. Now, that will give me time to set things in motion.

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Filed I130 September 19

I129F (K3)

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Andrea,

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Ali wants me there yesterday, he wants to see me ASAP. But I would rather be with him at his interview and on the plane. He's like "You want me to wait even longer till I see you?" Sooo I don't know what's going to happen. It all depends when we get the interview. It looks like you and I have around the same wait :angry: At least we're in it together, right ??

Jess,

You are seriously counting down the days aren't you ?? I want to be where you are sooo bad and you want to be where I am sooo bad. :lol: Can't we just switch places for a couple of weeks ? Are you in Beirut ? Ali and I looveee to go there. It is soo romantic and everyone is soo friendly.

JP,

Hope you hear from CSC soon. Don't freak out ! Only I am allowed to do that :whistle: It will feel soo good when you do hear from them, but in the meantime try to forget about it. Stop reading info and listening to people (except me ... ;) ). Now that I have heard from my congressmen everything everyone else tells me will go in one ear and out the other. It's soo nice to have the facts and to know that there truly is nothing wrong with our papers. Guess I won't be going out to San Francisco .. too bad cuz it woulda been nice to meet you. Hang in there and I'm here when you need to scream.

Roula,

I have never seen you post but I saw you lurking. I see that you are filing a CR1/IR1 for Lebanon as well. Is there anything you can tell me or a timeline you can show me ? You can PM me if you want. Thanks.

Everyone else "Hi from Massouna ! Hope you are doing well with your SO's." :P

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Speaking of traveling, I can't wait until we are able to go back to Jordan. I miss it like crazy!! Maybe I'm crazy but I miss the simple ways. Sometimes the ways of America really get to me (especially after I went to Jordan and saw how simple it can be). I just want to be in a place where time doesn't matter and where people are more focused on family than on work and money. Does that make sense? Anyway.. I am planning to take the family to Ha Ha Tanka today if the wether permits. If any of you haven't been there... YOU JUST GOTTA SEE IT!! Its fantastic!!!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Jess,

You are seriously counting down the days aren't you ?? I want to be where you are sooo bad and you want to be where I am sooo bad. :lol: Can't we just switch places for a couple of weeks ? Are you in Beirut ? Ali and I looveee to go there. It is soo romantic and everyone is soo friendly.

[/b] :P

We are in Rabieh...not sure if you are familiar with the area......it is between Beirut and Jounieh. We go to beirut usually every day because his two older nieces are in college there............seriously i would love to be back in New York and i knw i will miss my husband but i miss my family so very much. George and i have only been married going on 10mths, but my family has been my family my whole life......it seems like i just put them all in the back of my mind to be with a man, and choosing a man over my son was the hardest thing i have ever done, and ive taken a lot of tongue lashing for it.....i will go visit with my family and spend some quality time with them and then i will return to my husband and wait this process out, we will most likely go to Canada when he is allowed to go there, because it will be a lot sooner then he will be able to go to US and at least in Canada i can see my family whenever i want and they can come see us!! Good luck to you! take care

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

I'M ALL RILED UP AND HAVE NOWHERE TO GO!!!!!

I was checking out a thread here on the movies and saw a "related topic" so I checked it out.. I was just looking for some good Arabic movies to watch with my husband and BAM!!! This thread about how bad Islam was and how backwards Muslims and their countries are. (thats off topic for ya)... One of my comments was that its not Islam thats backwards, its that the way the uneducated people perceive Islam that is backwards!!! Why can't people read or research just a LITTLE BIT and learn the truth before passing judgement?? That makes me so mad. I was a stupid American before I met my husband but I was willing to do some research and learn the truth before I judged him (hence we are married now).... that was my small soap box.. I will let you continue with your regular daily programming

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'M ALL RILED UP AND HAVE NOWHERE TO GO!!!!!

I was checking out a thread here on the movies and saw a "related topic" so I checked it out.. I was just looking for some good Arabic movies to watch with my husband and BAM!!! This thread about how bad Islam was and how backwards Muslims and their countries are. (thats off topic for ya)... One of my comments was that its not Islam thats backwards, its that the way the uneducated people perceive Islam that is backwards!!! Why can't people read or research just a LITTLE BIT and learn the truth before passing judgement?? That makes me so mad. I was a stupid American before I met my husband but I was willing to do some research and learn the truth before I judged him (hence we are married now).... that was my small soap box.. I will let you continue with your regular daily programming

(F) amal (F)

I totally agree with you Amal. Everyone seems to have their comments regarding Islam, but knows nothing about it......only what the media tells us which is completely wrong.

Timeline

Hey Amal, welcome to America. The country has always been judgemental and racists. But, there are plently of great people here, mostly immigrants, lol Anyway, it's like this in other countries too all over the world. It's just when ur traveling u might or might not see it. In Jordan, as much as I love it, there is much racism there too, but at least when you make peace with someone, they accept as who you are.

I know what you mean about missing Jordan and the life is simple, and the family life is great, and they work hard there too but you are right, family comes first, then work and money.

Andrea Infante

I130

Filed I130 September 19

I129F (K3)

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

Filed: Timeline
Speaking of traveling, I can't wait until we are able to go back to Jordan. I miss it like crazy!! Maybe I'm crazy but I miss the simple ways. Sometimes the ways of America really get to me (especially after I went to Jordan and saw how simple it can be). I just want to be in a place where time doesn't matter and where people are more focused on family than on work and money. Does that make sense? Anyway.. I am planning to take the family to Ha Ha Tanka today if the wether permits. If any of you haven't been there... YOU JUST GOTTA SEE IT!! Its fantastic!!!

(F) amal (F)

I know exactly what you mean. I listen to Arabic CDs at work, and Abdel found a Tunisian radio station he can listen to on streaming radio on his computer so we listen to that a lot at night together while I'm sitting at my computer paying bills or working on other paperwork. Our computers are about 8 feet apart so it's a great way for us to spend time together.

All the Arabic music has me really missing Morocco. We've already decided to spend 2 weeks vacation there every year as soon as he has his travel and work documents. Of course as soon as we said that we amended it to 1 week in Morocco and 1 week somewhere in Europe or Africa that we want to see.

This morning we were talking about living in Morocco in about 20 years when we retire. It's wonderful to have a man by my side that wants the same things I do in life, and who can talk about growing old together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.