cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

That hotel is sooo pretty! I went there when I was in Jordan, at Benihana's, LOL. Ya as far as hotels go, he would have to be in Amman or any tourist place there. I hope things get better for him.

The reason I thought that letter was frustrating is because its seemed helpful in a double edge sword kind of way. Thats just my take on it, but at this point I think the whole damn process is frustrating.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

u know ur absolutely right. And since they are doing things differently, what if they decide at the interview they need something else since there procedure is to set an interview date before they go thru the file. Hmmm, maybe this is why they set it so far apart. Well, I just have to think what to do. Guess it's back to Jordan.

Helly Kelly, leaving tomorrow back to USA? Safe flight for yoy, soyfan and everyone else on the plane.

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Timeline

LOL Andrea, back to Jordan is not such a bad idea....I need a vacation! :lol:

Like we always say...hope for the best & plan for the worst..

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

True, but such a long flight and I hate flying!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I have a child, so leaving her behind is a task. Also, I have two min pins, leaving them behind is a task. So what is a lady to do?

Andrea Infante

I130

Filed I130 September 19

I129F (K3)

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:D Just here to update everyone on my current status. I havent been visiting much and when I do its just catching up(silently). Life has been so wonderful since my Love got here from Egypt. He is such a wonderful person and I feel truly blessed to have him in my life. :luv:

Today we filed his AOS & EAD ! I have a positive attitude and great patience, so I am ready for anything that may arise.

I pray everyday for everyone going through this tough and troubling process. Its a great struggle to be with the one you love so much and so many so close to us have harder times. I feel helpless in that i have no ability to help my friends during this trying time.I can only offer support and understanding.

(L) Please let your faith keep your minds in peace until you are reunited with your loved ones. (L)

January 16, 2013 - I-129F Petition Sent USPS
January 22, 2013 - Petition Delivery Confirmed
January 25, 2013 - NOA1 Email and Text Confirmation
January 30, 2013 - "Touched" Alien Number Generated
January 31, 2013 - NOA1 Letter Received via "snail mail"
June 21, 2013 - Transferred from Vermont

July 6, 2013 - Actual Approval but error did not generate our NOA2

July 17, 2013 - Service Request via USCIS (6 months)

July 22, 2013 - Approval affirmed via USCIS.gov new NOA2 generated

August 2013 - NVC Case # Generated

August 28, 2013 - Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

September 2013 - Medical Complete

October 22, 2013 - Packet returned complete to Embassy via DHL

February 2014 - Interview letter received

March 24, 2014- Interview - EGYPT

April 4 & 7, 2014 - Case Touched Twice - Requested Expedite due to Beneficiary's Mothers Passing (4/1/14)

April 7, 2014 - Passport sent to Embassy via DHL

April 14, 2014 - VISA Received

April 18, 2014 - Flight to USA

July 11, 2014 - MARRIED!!!!

August ,2015 - AOS finally filed ;-)

August ,2015 - RFE

September 2015 - Returned RFE information

November ,2015 - EAD Approved

November ,2015 - EAD Received

December ,2015- AOS Approved

December ,2015- 2 year Green Card Received

November 13, 2016 my little brother passed away :-(

December ,2017 Lift conditions InshaAllah

thansk everyone..............24 hours and we will be boarding that plane...we cant wait!!!!! although i may be taking 2 xanax before takeoff...ive never had flying anxiety but im 150% sure it will happen tomorrow....wish us luck....I probably wont be here for a couple days...but i promise to check in periodically....not only does sofyan have to get settled...but i have a million things to do also....i have no license (expired last month) an outstanding ticket to pay...get my insurance restarted...and get my job to put me back on the schedule...along with moving in, and making sure the hubster is having everything he needs....it should be fun, but quite the task! my journey is over....and it has been a long one.....18 months to date......i pray each and everyone of you find the strength that sofyan and i somehow managed to have thru all our hard times....good luck to you all...Ill be back soon........just on american soil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yooooohoooooooo

Kelly and Sofyan

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks for the update MelodyJeanne :) Glad everything is working out for you and Khaled!!

Welcome back to the USA Kelly/Dollface :) Wish you and Sofyan a smooth transition when you get home!!

Andrea hang in there. I'll be checking up periodically to see how everyone is doing :)

Keep posting everyone!

Edited by angelk96

I don't really have anything to say ... Just lettin ya know I stopped in and I'm keepin tabs :P

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Welcome home Kelly & Sofyan!

Congrats Melody & Khaled on filing AOS!

Welcome home to all the folks coming in in the next few weeks!

Yada, yada, yada...... all with tons of love from me, really :P

I AM OUTTA HERE TOMORROW FOR 3 WEEKS (which by the end of it will feel like 3 days :whistle: )

I'll be checking periodically, but I'm going be w/ my Moroccan family for a while. (L)

Noura :luv:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Timeline

LOL, Noura, have a great time with your Moroccan family.

K & S, WELCOME BACK (as they always say in Egypt, LOL, no matter which direction I have gone . . . here or there). Take as much time as you want before you get back into VJ . . . you have been on it so much the past several months so you definitely deserve a break.

Hmmmmm, maybe we should all make sure to meet back here in 3 weeks . . . after Noura gets back . . . so we can get the latest updates!

Later,

Catherine

PS I am not going anywhere but to work today . . . no other news yet!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Kelly almost time to catch your flight. Enjoy the last of your time there and you and Sofyan have a safe trip home.

MJ nice to see you and that you are starting the AOS process. Good luck and like you said patience is the key.

Andrea hang in there.

Noura wow enjoy your time with the family and have fun. Look forward to hearing of your adventures later.

Angel nice to see you, too.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Welcome back, Melody. So happy to hear you are surrounded by peace and love.

Kelly, safe trip back with Soyfan, left a message for you on your bon voyage post.

Hi Angel, hope to chat with you soon.

Everyone else, hi, just checking in, of course no news yet. :P

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Filed I130 September 19

I129F (K3)

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

Timeline

Good morning ladies....(i'm in cali). Glad to see everyone is doing wel! Kelly-Sofyan, have a safe trip and welcome home! O'hare is waiting.

i'm doing ok...going nuts actually. Seems like the more info I get, the more I freak out. :unsure: I think my nerves will calm down a bit when I get approval on the CSC side. I was ok until I mailed back the RFE, now i'm on the edge of my seat waiting for an answer.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey everyone. just wanted to say hello........i have 211 days left til i go home and visit my family. yes i am pathetic i am counting down! i know it is sad to count down until i am away from my husband but honestly i am so home sick! if i could stuff my hubby in my suitcase to have both i would........but as the saying goes.......you cant have your cake and eat it too!! i will only be gone about 6wks, a little over.....so i can spend my sons bday with him, and halloween and thanksgiving and of course black friday shopping!! as well as probably an early Christmas with my family..............................until then i wait for some news on Canada i suppose.....fun fun

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

:thumbs:Go Congressmen Jerry Lewis :thumbs:

I just wanted to update everyone on my story. The senator never responded to my letter. However, the congressmen called me today (his staff) and they were awesome ! So here is what she found out for me :

Lebanon is the third back logged country in the world. This is because the embassy was closed in Lebanon for the longest time and Lebanon has excellent ties with America. I asked her if they were doing security checks and if that was the reason this is taking so long. NVC told her "Nooo ! He passed the security checks a llooonnng time ago" Al hamdullah ! :D Anyways what she did find out is that it will be anywhere from 3-6 months till Ali is scheduled an interview for the following month (not five months ahead .. just one month).

You would think this would upset me ... but I am soo happy. I now have a little tiny light at the end of my tunnel. She said there is a small possibility that he might be scheduled before that .. so just keep calling the NVC every month.

So after hearing all this what's my next mission ?? Book my ticket to fly out to Lebanon to see Ali ! I will probably go see him at the end of May when my preschool gets out for summer.

:thumbs:Go Congressmen Jerry Lewis :thumbs:

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.