cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Kelly-

Guess what I got in the mail today????? I sent you a christmas card and it got returned to me. It says insufficent address, but I can't tell what is missing or wrong. It now has a couple new inkstamps and arabic writing all over it and 2 Zarca postmarks one dec 20 and one jan 8...it was soo close to finding you. sorry, I tried

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hahaha - you know right before my honey got here my mom asked me "So is your house clean, did you get all your laundry washed?" and I laughed so hard because I thought of all of you on here! Let's just say laundry is never dirty ;)

Youssef got sick however. Just a disclaimer to those of you who have a SO coming soon - we live in Wisconsin, and it's cold and rainy. Youssef hasn't been dealing with it too well and got a cold. Now he's got an upset stomach (flu maybe?) - I think a lot of the stomach stuff has to do with the food changes so I'm trying to make him food that he is more use to and hoping that that makes a differences. Anybody with some good Moroccan recipes put them on here because I love to cook but the changing the recipes to accomodate what is available in the US (and using a different stove than the gas burning ones) I am seeing some differences in how it turns out.

So good luck to those of you with upcoming interviews and congrats to the recent approvals!! We're doing wedding homework this weekend! YAY!!

Salam, Congra that your sweet heart is finally here. Do not tell me about Wis. that was the first state i lived in in this country, as i used to live in La crosse up north. Brr cold old days.... :D

You can find a lot of web sites with moroccan receipes, such as :

http://www.mincom.gov.ma/english/gallery/c...pes/cuisine.htm

which is an official web site.

Good luck

post-19647-1139296391.gif

post-19647-1139296406.gif

Kelly-

Guess what I got in the mail today????? I sent you a christmas card and it got returned to me. It says insufficent address, but I can't tell what is missing or wrong. It now has a couple new inkstamps and arabic writing all over it and 2 Zarca postmarks one dec 20 and one jan 8...it was soo close to finding you. sorry, I tried

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW Dawn.........well it was a very nice thought of you! I actually checked our PO Box this week and there was xmas cards from my aunt and gramma, we dont check it that often cause its way out of the way we ever go...but i wonder why it got sent back to ya!

ohhhh i was thinking of u this morning as i was looking at my "counting down the days" chart.....you only have abuot 14 days left right? God i cant believe how the time has flown...i bet you and H are so excited right?

well we went to amman yesterday to Swafeia and i bought the most beautiful sweater....it was marked 68 JD and i paid 15! sofyan knew the owners of the store...so we may be going back there soon to do a little more shopping! we also tried to get my passport finished yesterday but it wasnt ready...my papers are still with the "FBI" doing checks on me and stuff....i think they said for us to go back in a week or so....i cant believe im only 21 and i will hold 2 passports in the next month or so....Dual citizenship! how awesome!

well gotta run

keep the thread rockin

Kelly

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well girls....this will probably be last post here for a while, at least till I can get to a net cafe in Egypt. :D I am all packed and I am sitting her laughing at all of the luggage I am bringing. Last time I somehow survived with only a carry on! Don't know how I did that! Figured I was gonna look good every day I'm there this time! :P

I think the hardest thing is leaving my kiddos. Last time I was sad, but last night I actually broke down crying. I hate this feeling...sad because I'm leaving them.....happy because I see my love, then sad because I have to leave him and happy I can see my kids. I need Prozac! I sure will be glad when this is over and we are together!

Remember......GOOD VIBES ON THE 14th! (L)

Have a safe and pleasant trip Amy!

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Amy, I know how you feel about leaving your children. It is so hard. I told kyle, (13) that I was going back to Algeria in March and he would have to stay with his dad for 1 month. He was so upset with me. I tried to explain why I am going. He is much better about it now. Kyle said next time, he wants to go too. I know his dad wouldn't allow him to go to Algeria. I read that after 14 you do not need both parents signature to get a passport and I have full custody. I hope I can take him for a visit next summer to meet his new family. Anyway, all is ok now. Last time I went to Algeria I took to much stuff. I had 2 large suitcases and a carry on. I did not wear half of what I took with me. I know better what I need this time and I will go a little lighter. :yes:

Have a great time with you fiance!!!

Meriem

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Amy,

Have a safe trip and good luck on the 14th. Look forward to good news.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Kelly-

My brother in law was telling us last year that you needed to be married to a jordanian for 4 years for citizenship...guess he was wrong. that was fast. I cant say I'm motovated to seek citizenship soon, but I guess its good to know what the requirements are. Do you have to take any test or oath like here?Or is it just a form and a fee? Got a niece or nephew yet?

Amy-

Have a safe trip!!! I was in Cairo at this time last year and it was like 75-80 deg f every day. It was a good trip. Cant wait to see your pictures!

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Baby should be coming this week dawn, im excited, and yes its just some forms and fees pretty darn simple!

.png

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Salam Middle East Forum,

Thought I would stop in and introduce myself. :blush:

I have been reading your forum off and on for awhile but have never made a post, didn't want to intrude I guess. I just wanted to say you guys have so much information for people.....with allot of Faith and Hope, it's great!!!

My husband is from Türkiye (L) and I was thinking Middle East/Europe?? :whistle: I am not sure...depends on the news maybe...

Best wishes,

Debra

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Debra! These days, it seems Turkey wants to pretend they're all Europe, but we all know that they're rooted in the ME. Feel free to join us here, we're cool :dance:

Plus, I'm sure you encounter many similar cultural issues that we with ME/NA SOs experience.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline
Hi Debra! These days, it seems Turkey wants to pretend they're all Europe, but we all know that they're rooted in the ME. Feel free to join us here, we're cool :dance:

Plus, I'm sure you encounter many similar cultural issues that we with ME/NA SOs experience.

Thank you for the welcome rahma. :D :D

Yes I do encounter many similar cultural issues. I never thought there could be so many, but I am learning everyday...understanding more...and learning that change is good...

I already thought you would be cool :yes:

Thanks again for the welcome... (F)

Peace to All,

Debra

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Debra was trying to sneak away without letting us say CONGRATS on the AOS approval !!!! :dance::dance:

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.