Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jordanian Princess, I do the same thing. Waiting and waiting is starting to make me bicker!!!!!!!!! :help:

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Well I am back in the US. Had a great time on my vacation and got to spend a lot of much needed quality time with my fiance. I wish I can say the it is bitter to sweet to be back, but it is just bitter. It was hell saying good buy and I already miss him. Hope everyone has been well.

How was libnan ??? When Ali gets an interview I should be on my way over there. I want to be with him at his interview. You are the luckiest girl in the world ?? You know why .. because just recently you were in the same country as my husband and your fiance. I am soo jealous ;) It's okay you can lie to me and tell me, "I saw yor husband he is doing great and looks soooo good that my jaw dropped". Can you tell I miss him and am really jealous that you were so close to him ? Welcome back :D

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Welcome Back from Lebanon...I hope you had a great time!!!

andrea and j-princess....Bicker all u want...its the only thing that will help u get thru this process....its sad to say...but the embassy will use up their complete 12 weeks, and schedule your interview 3 months later...it just seems to be the trend lately...and it sucks...they cant seem to get back into the swing of things...but again and again...remember they are twice as busy from processing for 2 countries...

well gals..............6 days to go!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

:cry: this totally sucks, maybe the embassy does this to see how much u can handle in your relationship...its very trying :crying:

I appreciate all the support I get here , it does make a difference when you see so many people in the same situation. (L)

Oh and btw, Liz, :P I tell him all the time how much i love him, but he never believes me! LOL :lol:

Jordanian Princess

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Well I am back in the US. Had a great time on my vacation and got to spend a lot of much needed quality time with my fiance. I wish I can say the it is bitter to sweet to be back, but it is just bitter. It was hell saying good buy and I already miss him. Hope everyone has been well.

Welcome back to the US and hope you had a wonderful trip. I am sure you had bittersweet goodbyes but hope the trip reinvigorated, feeling some refreshed and have lots of fond thoughts of your SO with you now.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That feeling totally sucks don't it? I thought that it would be a little easier when I left Khallid this last time knowing that we would not be apart for so long again, but there are days that I think it's even harder. This process is making all of us stronger even though some days we feel like we are going to lose it. Keep your chin up.....your man will be with you soon! :thumbs:

Wow, Rocky Mount is only a hop-skip-and a jump away from me. I may know your parents.. I work in a local pharmacy and process prescriptions for just about everybody in the area! Isn't that crazy! You'll have to stop by my house the next time you come thru.. I'm only about 5 minutes from the highway (ok maybe 10) You are welcome anytime at my home!

WELCOME BACK TO THE STATES!!! I wish there was something I could do to help you thru these sad feelings. Enshallah you will again be with your SO soon!!!

I'm missing mine like crazy.. even though i'm a bit miffed with whats going on.. I miss him so so much. I just want to hug him again.. It is almost as bad as waiting for him to get here for the first time. My house is empty and I just want to have it full of life again. :crying:

Have you noticed that without him here, I have plenty of time to post again. Hmmmm..maybe I should kick him out more often :lol: I've really missed posting here regularly! and as always.. I love you guys!!!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yeah Kelly, whew!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 more days ago. You definitely earned this interview girl!

Welcome back, I know how bad it is to miss your loved one, cried already two times returning to the States from two trips to Jordan.

Amal, nice to see you. I know you miss your husband.

Jordanian Princess, I am considering maybe contacting my senator, don't really want to push the embassy, I really think Jordanians have first serve here since the embassy is in Jordan, not to push and hack on Iraqi's, they're cool but I just believe Jordanians should have first call.

Everyone else, hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

andrea thanks for the encouragement girl...............5.5 more days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

How was libnan ??? When Ali gets an interview I should be on my way over there. I want to be with him at his interview. You are the luckiest girl in the world ?? You know why .. because just recently you were in the same country as my husband and your fiance. I am soo jealous ;) It's okay you can lie to me and tell me, "I saw yor husband he is doing great and looks soooo good that my jaw dropped". Can you tell I miss him and am really jealous that you were so close to him ? Welcome back :D

Lebanon is wonderful. ( just stay away from the politics). Ok I saw your husband and he is doing great. He misses you and is counting the days until you are in his arms again. :lol:

I know I'm lucky. This was a very needed trip for both of us. We had a wonderful time and where able to connect as a family better. Our relationship is definetly stronger. The whether was beautiful overthere. It only rained 2 days. We spent every free minute together. God willing I will be back with him shortley.

Good luck everyone and lets see some reunions.

Thanks everyone for the welcome back.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Anmar got his driver's license today! :dance: You can't imagine how relieved I feel now. Now he can go out and drive and not be stuck at home when I am at work. I also think it makes him feel more independent and less dependent on me to take him here or there. Now he can drive himself to the ESL clasees. :) I am just happy about this because it just takes a lot of stress off of me.

Welcome back lost in love. Glad you had a wonderful time with your fiance!

:dance::dance: Go Kelly GO!!! I can't wait to hear your good news!

Andrea and Jordanianprincess you two are not alone go ahead and complain all you want. I remember back in the day when I use to b*tch about the embassy in amman being soooo slow!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Wow, as usual lots of people with news.

Lostinlove, welcome back. The first few days or weeks are definitely hardest after time together. Like you said, it feels "just bitter, not sweet" I wish there was something we could do to help but all we can do is listen and be supportive.

Angel, Awesome news about the driver's license. Abdel has never driven in his life so the whole thing is going to be huge for us. He has been studying the manual since the first week he got here, but never taken it seriously in spite of me telling him he will have to learn. This week he actually asked me what was involved in the first test, then what happened after that. I wish he'd at least get his permit so I could start teaching him how to drive, or get my son or brother to teach him. I think my oldest son would do best. He is the most patient person I've ever met.

Kelly, I'm here counting down for you girl, even if I haven't posted on your special thread. I'm really hoping for a same-day visa for you. I know it will be hard to leave his family, but on the bright side, all the waiting you've done there will enable him to come here and be able to go visit them any time he wants, with no long wait to travel.

For those of you that are having a hard time waiting, please vent here on us. My coworker who has been waiting a long time has the opposite problem - her husband complains to her constantly. She often tells me how stressful it is for her when he does, because she's waiting just like he is, and it isn't like there is anything she can do about it either.

I want to share a trick with you that I learned from a parenting book years ago. It really helped me so maybe it can help you guys too. Whenever you catch yourself starting to complain, instead say "I love you". Over the years I got faster at it and my conversations with my kids went from b*tch sessions to:

"Michael!" :angry:

"What now mom?" :blink:

"I LOVE YOU!" :innocent:

"Uh, ok, I love you too." :huh:

Every time I'd open my mouth to fuss about a mess they left or an undone chore I gradually learned to say I loved them instead, then later gently remind them if necessary that they had left something undone.

I know it must be very hard to wait, but your spouse can't do any more about it than you, why take it out on him? Make the waiting a "together" time, don't let it tear you apart - you deserve so much better than that. Use this time to learn about each other's childhoods, share your favorite jokes, get to know each other's pet peeves. The better you know each other before living together the easier it will be when you start life together.

Ok, I'll get off my mom kick and get back to reading this awesome book I picked up last week. It's called "My Car In Managua" and is about Nicaragua after the revolution in the 80s.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Andrea,

I met with an immigration attorney that represents the company I work for today about some work related matters. I asked him about contacting a senator. He told me that there are pros and cons to doing that.

He said that when you get a congressional member involved that your file actually gets pulled out of the line its in and gets sent to a different department for congressional review, which can or can't be good. He said that one should only ask a senetor to get involved under dire circumstance because sometimes it can hurt you more than it can help you. I don't know what kinds of times limits would apply to this but that was his advice.

For those wanting to know:

I also asked him what we could do if the K-1 got denied, he said we could file a motion to re-open or start the whole process over again. I got alot of helpful information from him today. I had about 20 min left over from the session I scheduled with him for work, so I used it for myself! :D

Jordanian Princess

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.