OK I have a couple of questions that have been bugging me :

What does rajli mean ?

What does AOS mean ?

Thanks for anyone that answers my curious questions :P

Edited by LebaneseBride

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone. My husband left a few hours ago to take a week vacation from my town. I'm really sad about that. After all the hard and tireless work I did to get him here...he's been here 3 months and already going away for a week. :crying: Don't get me wrong, I'm happy he has such a good friend to take him accross the country whenever they decide to go.. but I don't think it's fair, ya know?? It's not even for a job..it is just for fun. Just to get away. I want to get away too but I can't!! I have a son and a home and work to tend to! I'm not mad at him.. just upset with the situation. Maybe I'm just jealous?? Jealous that I can't do those things.... But then.. he is part of this family too and shouldn't he be here working and supporting the family too?? I can't sleep when he's gone.. I don't feel safe in my house... Things just aren't right....Sorry to rant and whine but I'm just really having a hard time with this. :crying:

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AOS means Adjustment of Status. This is filed once you come to the USA on the K1 or K3 visa.

Amal,

I am so sorry honey to hear that your feeling down now. I am sure I would have mixed feelings if he was here and now on the road and your home with the kids. Have you got anyone you can buddy up with and do something fun as well? I guess you need to find you something to focus on and get thru this week but I would try and discuss how I am feeling with him once he comes back. Just see if you could find things to do as a family instead of going separate ways? Good luck and will be remembering you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

I've tried to discuss it with him but then he says.. If you don't want me to go, I won't go... so then I say no no.. go .. I feel guilty for making his life so boring here... It is just better for me to not say anything and just let him go. Maybe if I had some friends here it wouldn't be so bad.

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Too bad we didn't live closer to each other. Anmar is going through a lonely phase right now because as you know I have to work all day and he is home by himself and he misses his mother a lot.

I can't say what Noor did was right or wrong, but you two waited so long to be together. I guess he is just having a difficult time adjusting and can't think of anything else but his own feelings now. If anmar wanted to do the same thing I probably would have let him go also but felt like you. Don't worry girl you are not alone in ur feelings about this. i can say honestly it's difficult to bring ur husband to a small town and there are no other middle eastern people around. It makes them feel even more alone and isolated. I know once Anmar gets a job he will be happy just when that will happen i don't know since he's new here and his language isn't perfect and some people don't want to take a chance on a newly immigrant..sucks but that's how it is.

Hopefully he calls you and gives you updates on his trip!!

Angel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Lebanese Bride...

Rajli is Moroccan Arabic for husband... I call Said my rajli, and he calls me his mrati - which is Moroccan Arabic for wife. I see someone else gave you that AOS is for Adjustment of Status. Moroccan Arabic is quite different from classic/standard Arabic.

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Thanks Noura :star:

As far as the "going away" issue. Couple of weeks ago I had a huge fit. My dad wants to open a business in another state (not too far from our state). He told me "When Ali comes he will go with me and work, and come and see you on the weekends". I started screaming "NOOOoOOOo OOO ! We have been apart for 80% of the tme we have been together ... we are going through really tough times with all this visa stuff .. and you want to tell me that you want to take him when he comes ?!? I don't think so !!! I don't care how poor we get .. I don't care if we have to work 24/7 in order to eat ... but we are going to be poor or rich together, hand in hand, side by side, with smiles on our faces. Maybe I have just been locking feelings inside and exploded at my dad :blush: But I can totally relate. It's like you wait all this time for him to get here and want to spend ever single moment together .. and when that doesn't happen you freak. Amal, he is your husband why don't you talk to him and tell him how you feel ???

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

He called me last night. He could tell I was about to lose it.. He said.. if you cry I will be home in 1 minute. I told him I wasn't crying and then busted into tears. I am such a big baby. He knows how I feel about it. He knows I freak out when I'm alone at home at night. He knows I don't feel safe unless he's with me. He said.. this trip is good for you and me. I said "mainly for you" and he said basically that it would be good for us to miss each other again and have private time to ourselves for a few days coz everybody needs a little time to themselves once-in-a-while... The only good I see in it is having the time for him to be the "all arabian man" that he has had to change and adjust for living in usa , and time for me to be the slob that I naturally am. My house is already a disaster coz I just don't care right now.By the time he comes home it'll all be good coz my sons 7th birthday party is being held on Saturday so everything will be cleaned up by Friday....ok I'm done for now

amal

Interview-December 2005

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
hi girls

sorry if i don t post much .

Angelk , Mary thanks again for your messages .it s so nice of you to keep in touch :thumbs:

well, here is my news;

after i waited more then 3 weeks for the SSC my husband took a day off from work and we went to the SS office on the 24 th feb ,they asked for my birth certificate the women there said that it will take 6 weeks to get it translated from arabic,i tried to gave her the translation that i used to apply for my visa but she said they use only the SS translators. :crying: so the ssc will take at least 7 weeks to arrive.

i m still studing the florida driver s manual ,and i found in there website that in florida the new drivers needs to take a 4 h drug and alcohol classes .so i m doing it online .the package cost 55$ it includes the 4 h coursse and "Rules of the Road" and "Road Signs" practice tests,my husband teach me to drive in the week ends ,we go to this big parking land of an office deppo and i drive only when there is no guard there ,because as you know without a learners permit i can t drive somewhere else.

about the job,i need to passe the foreign pharmacy test first then work as an intern for 1 year then pass the Naplex test to get the license so i can work as a pharmasist wich will take a long time ,so i think i will start looking for a job as a pharm technician other wise i don t know what i can work i don t have any work experiance or other diploma.

i m still hesitated about starting work because i think my english is not good enough ,so i registered to this class to improve my grammar and pronouciation the class cost 65 $ for 8 weeks ,the class will start on march 22nd,they also have free ESL classes there.

about my adjustment,it s going good but i miss having freinds,i m a people person and like to be around people.

well, sorry to take your time for reading my message :blush:

kelly,i m counting down for your interview :dance:

take care

and good luck to you all.

Farah,

I am trying to get Hicham to take the Drug and Alcohol Awareness course online too. And do you know what? I looked at some of the websites from the Department of Motor Vehicles and you can even take your permit test online through some of the authorized places. If you pass, your print out the information and bring that to your local drivers license office to get your actual permit. (I don't know if you will have the same issue -- but when Hicham just got a state ID in August, it took more than a month to mail it to him -- they do background checks now for non-US citizens due to some of the 9-11 hijackers legally getting ID's in Florida even though on terrorist watchlists. However, they will give you the number that will be on your card and tell you that you are good to go with that until your card arrives.)

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Amal, I'm so sorry - you sound like you're abt to lose it there! Just hang in there and inch'allah, the week will pass quickly and he will return missing you like crazy! Will he be home for the party? I'd be a little pissed abt that if he wasn't home by then.... guess I'm not helping, huh? :blink: Try to focus on other things for now - I know, easier said than done. Remember all the reasons that you love him and why you fought to bring him here. I pray your week goes quickly!

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Noura thanks for the definitions on the Moroccan words. It is always nice to learn new things about the different languages and cultures.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline

Twila, Wow, I can't believe they took so long to issue the state ID. Abdel got his while we waited. It's amazing how different each state is.

Amal, I'd be right there with you girl. Abdel and I talked about it last night because he was fussing for me to come to bed while I was reading it. He said it's just wrong. He said maybe a day or two, but if you're married a week is too much. Of course, we're talking about Mr. Majorly Co-Dependent here, so I'm sure most men probably wouldn't agree.

When I was married to Mustapha, he got his ss card the day after he arrived and started working 2 jobs immediately. After 6 weeks he finally got an evening off so I made plans to take him to dinner so we could have some time together for the first time since he got here. Instead, he went out with his friends and didn't come home until 9 PM. By the time he got home I was so mad I had packed all his stuff in garbage bags and put it by the front door and locked myself in the bedroom. He thought I was overreacting, and maybe I was, but I was the one that had worked my butt off to get him here and he hadn't spent more than a few minutes with me since he had, and when he did get some time, he didn't chose to spend it with me.

At least your husband seems to care about your feelings. Mustapha didn't and that was the difference. You really need to talk about this with him when he gets back. Yes he did give up a lot to come be with you, but that was his choice. He's the one that wanted to marry you and be with you, and marriage involves change. Who you are before marriage will not be who you are after marriage, if your marriage is to succeed. Everyone here has been discussing all the adapting needed since their loved one arrived and everyone seems to be bending over backwards to make life easier for their loved one here. However, the one coming here needs to realize that they chose this change and must do their part to make it succeed too.

I hope you two are able to talk about this when he is back and get past it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi girls

sorry if i don t post much .

Angelk , Mary thanks again for your messages .it s so nice of you to keep in touch :thumbs:

well, here is my news;

after i waited more then 3 weeks for the SSC my husband took a day off from work and we went to the SS office on the 24 th feb ,they asked for my birth certificate the women there said that it will take 6 weeks to get it translated from arabic,i tried to gave her the translation that i used to apply for my visa but she said they use only the SS translators. :crying: so the ssc will take at least 7 weeks to arrive.

i m still studing the florida driver s manual ,and i found in there website that in florida the new drivers needs to take a 4 h drug and alcohol classes .so i m doing it online .the package cost 55$ it includes the 4 h coursse and "Rules of the Road" and "Road Signs" practice tests,my husband teach me to drive in the weekends ,we go to this big parking land of an office deppo and i drive only when there is no guard there ,because as you know without a learners permit i can t drive somewhere else.

about the job,i need to passe the foreign pharmacy test first then work as an intern for 1 year then pass the Naplex test to get the license so i can work as a pharmasist wich will take a long time ,so i think i will start looking for a job as a pharm technician other wise i don t know what i can work i don t have any work experiance or other diploma.

i m still hesitated about starting work because i think my english is not good enough ,so i registered to this class to improve my grammar and pronouciation the class cost 65 $ for 8 weeks ,the class will start on march 22nd,they also have free ESL classes there.

about my adjustment,it s going good but i miss having freinds,i m a people person and like to be around people.

well, sorry to take your time for reading my message :blush:

kelly,i m counting down for your interview :dance:

take care

and good luck to you all.

Farah,

I am trying to get Hicham to take the Drug and Alcohol Awareness course online too. And do you know what? I looked at some of the websites from the Department of Motor Vehicles and you can even take your permit test online through some of the authorized places. If you pass, your print out the information and bring that to your local drivers license office to get your actual permit. (I don't know if you will have the same issue -- but when Hicham just got a state ID in August, it took more than a month to mail it to him -- they do background checks now for non-US citizens due to some of the 9-11 hijackers legally getting ID's in Florida even though on terrorist watchlists. However, they will give you the number that will be on your card and tell you that you are good to go with that until your card arrives.)

Twila

HI Twila,

yes that s exactely what i m doing

i m using this website to take my alcohol and drug coursses ;

http://www.lowestpricetrafficschool.com/new-drivers.php

At the end of the course,you have the choice to take the DMV exam online ,for that you need to pay $ 19,95 fee.

Farah

dev296pr___.png

My blog

quick funny jokes

http://www.mentallyjumbled.com/

01-22-2006:arrived to Miami airport with CR1 visa

02-06-2006 :Received 1st Welcome to America Notice

02-08-2006 :Received 2nd Welcome to America Notice

02-10-2006:Received GREEN CARD!!! EXP 01/22/2008

10-12-2007: I-751 received at TSC

12-01-2007 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-20-2007:BIOMETRICS

1-12-2008-Card production-email notification received

1-15-2008:Approval notice -email notification received

1-18-2008: 10 y green card arrived!!

12-03-2008: N 400 RECEIVED at TSC

12-09-2008: CHECK $675 cashed

12-12-2008:NOA RECEIVED

03-30-2009: biometric date received locaton:Oakland park,FL

04-13-2009:biometrics

06-19-2008:INTERVIEW

06-24-2009:oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hey everyone. My husband left a few hours ago to take a week vacation from my town. I'm really sad about that. After all the hard and tireless work I did to get him here...he's been here 3 months and already going away for a week. :crying: Don't get me wrong, I'm happy he has such a good friend to take him accross the country whenever they decide to go.. but I don't think it's fair, ya know?? It's not even for a job..it is just for fun. Just to get away. I want to get away too but I can't!! I have a son and a home and work to tend to! I'm not mad at him.. just upset with the situation. Maybe I'm just jealous?? Jealous that I can't do those things.... But then.. he is part of this family too and shouldn't he be here working and supporting the family too?? I can't sleep when he's gone.. I don't feel safe in my house... Things just aren't right....Sorry to rant and whine but I'm just really having a hard time with this. :crying:

(F) amal (F)

hi Amal,

i m sorry to hear that :( but as you know are going throw 2 big adjustements in our life,first is being married and share your life with somebody, second being in a foreign country .i agree that ,in married couple it might not be normal to go for vacacion without your SO but for our situation maybe it s normal,people are different in adjusting ,for me i like being around people and having freinds but right now i m adjusting to my lonelyness and sometimes during the week end when my husband is with me i feel that i want to be alone ,it s strange ,and i don t understand why! my husband even tought that he did something wrong to make me feel that way.

other thing,maybe he realy doesn t see the problem of him going in vacacion without you ,maybe it s one of the cultural difference problem. for exemple,my husband s freind invite us to go to the movie theater ,i wasn t in the mood for a movie so i told my husband that he can go,without me i realy don t have problem with that ,but he wouldn t, he said it s not normal for him to have fun without me ,i felt guilty because he is right,we waited so long for me to be here and part of being married is doing stuff togethet so i went to the movie teather with him.

but i beleive that the best way to solve it is comunication,talk about it !you don t have to fake that you are fine with that .and don t feel guilty ,because you are not!

good luck

Farah

dev296pr___.png

My blog

quick funny jokes

http://www.mentallyjumbled.com/

01-22-2006:arrived to Miami airport with CR1 visa

02-06-2006 :Received 1st Welcome to America Notice

02-08-2006 :Received 2nd Welcome to America Notice

02-10-2006:Received GREEN CARD!!! EXP 01/22/2008

10-12-2007: I-751 received at TSC

12-01-2007 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-20-2007:BIOMETRICS

1-12-2008-Card production-email notification received

1-15-2008:Approval notice -email notification received

1-18-2008: 10 y green card arrived!!

12-03-2008: N 400 RECEIVED at TSC

12-09-2008: CHECK $675 cashed

12-12-2008:NOA RECEIVED

03-30-2009: biometric date received locaton:Oakland park,FL

04-13-2009:biometrics

06-19-2008:INTERVIEW

06-24-2009:oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Amal, if that were my husband after waiting and spending all that money to get him here and he needs a vacation without u after just 3 months...well, my foot up his ###!

I don't really think that's fair, not to put fire into the pot here, but vacations should be spent with the family. Or, I can understand he wants to go with friends, but way after 3 months in the USA. That's selfish of him.

Hope when he gets back, he can understand this.

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.