cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

sending ya mega mojo dollface!!! Maybe we can meet in Chicago sometime also!!! that would be great!

amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Kelly you are so close now! Remember wayyyyyyyy back when we met for lunch with Dawn? It seems like so long ago. It was summer and you were leaving that afternoon. Little did we all know that you would be gone so many months.

We talked about things happening for a reason. Your original intent was the K1 and because of the problems with that original petition, you were then able to spend all this quality time with Sofyan and his family.

When you interview, I will be getting on a cruise ship, I will be calling home to have my family check VisaJourney to update me on your interview success. The best of luck to you and Sofyan. When I return, you might already be in Illinois and we can plan on meeting at AlBasha for dinner. Maybe Dawn and Hatem can join us.

Jackie & Mohammed

(oh, I was measuring in Oak Forest yesterday and wondering if I was near where you live. I was on Justamere Rd and also Rob Roy Rd. Heard of those? )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

And the countdown offically begins : ) We are all rooting for you Kelly ! Inshallah everything goes smoothly and you wil home in the states with your honey.

I finally got the guts to call NVC .. we did not get an interview for March :crying: On March 23rd it will be exactly two years since we got our originial reciept priority date. We are thinking maybe they will see that we hit the two year mark and will give us an interview for April ?? God I hope so. Anyways if he's not here by May I'm going to go visit in the summer :D So we are just counting down till June.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

And the countdown offically begins : ) We are all rooting for you Kelly ! Inshallah everything goes smoothly and you wil home in the states with your honey.

I finally got the guts to call NVC .. we did not get an interview for March :crying: On March 23rd it will be exactly two years since we got our originial reciept priority date. We are thinking maybe they will see that we hit the two year mark and will give us an interview for April ?? God I hope so. Anyways if he's not here by May I'm going to go visit in the summer :D So we are just counting down till June.

Wow, your wait has been ridiculous. Any reply from the senator?

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Thanks everyone for the support...the days are ticking and alllllll the family came yesterday to stay for the weekend so were enjoying it alot!........

Jac....it does seem like yesterday we met for lunch....cant wait to do it again...it shall be fun, and anyone else who wants to join...your more than welcome...it seems like everyone will be out of town when sofyan has the interview....there wont be anyone here to share the good news with...its ok though...ill be thinking about all of your that day...and how everyone has helped me get thru this long dreaful (but so worth it) experience

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Once again, sorry I do not post on here often. Amr is still in AR. I finally got to a live person a couple days ago at the embassy and it seems the problem is, are you ready for this? Egypt has documentation of Amr being dead! Last time I checked he has a pulse! We think what happened is that his brother died 2 years ago and somehow the records were messed up. So now who knows how long of a wait we will have. :angry: I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry, but with the slow internet I do not have time to read through all the posts. :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

crazyinEgypt that is just awful about your case. I pray that they can get it straightened out shortly and you can finally process your visa. Will be thinking of you and praying for your case.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Once again, sorry I do not post on here often. Amr is still in AR. I finally got to a live person a couple days ago at the embassy and it seems the problem is, are you ready for this? Egypt has documentation of Amr being dead! Last time I checked he has a pulse! We think what happened is that his brother died 2 years ago and somehow the records were messed up. So now who knows how long of a wait we will have. :angry: I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry, but with the slow internet I do not have time to read through all the posts. :(

Oy! Egyptian bueracracy never ceases to amaze me :bonk: I hope they clear that up soon. One would think it would be relatively simple to determine, yes, yes, he is alive, but nothing in Egypt is simple.

A year or 2 ago, my husband had some bloodwork done at a state hospital because he was feeling tired all the time. When he came back in, they told him he had lukeumia. They gave him his paperwork and sent him home. He was despondent for days and didn't bother to look at the file they gave him. A week later, he did manage to open it up, only to see that indeed a person by the name of Tamer Kamal had cancer, but it was a Tamer Kamal with a different last name from my husband :blink: He called up the hospital to enquire and they said, oh, yeah, sorry we forgot to tell you we gave you the wrong file. :bonk: Then they had the nerve to tell him that he needed to drop off the file at the real Tamer with cancer's house. And he wonders why I'm reluctant to move to Egypt!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Timeline

Wow! And we thought Morocco was bad. When are you women going to learn not to try to bring dead men here! :wacko: Don't you know there are already enough deadbeats in the US? Just kidding. I sure hope that this gets worked out soon so you guys can come home.

Could you imagine having to tell someone else they had cancer? When you aren't even a medical professional? And what if the guy had died or something already? Wow! In the US that incident would lead to massive lawsuits.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

OMG! I hope this is easily corrected! He looked fine when we saw him last! :P I can almost hear you both now! Miss you guys! Hope everything is resolved soon! :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

This thread is slayyyyyying me :lol: First the toilet discussion (by the way, my husband read this thread and got so shy from this subject :P.... I was laughing my butt off. That's a very thoughtful link, Mary... thanks ! ) And now CrazyinEgypt reports that the consulate is keeping their case in extended AR because they think her fiance is dead ! :P Hope you can get that mixup straightened out soon.... should be easy to prove he's alive, though.... LOL "reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated."

Rahma... what a surreal experience !! First they make a terrible mistake and tell your husband he has leukemia when he doesn't, and then they actually asked him to go and drop off the file to the poor person who had this terrible disease ??!! God the Cairo Embassy could be the setting of a Monty Python movie....

Dawn.... glad everything went great with Hatem's trip to America.... sure the relatives can drive you cracy, but it sounds like they're also a big help in many ways. Hope y'all are settling into a routine and enjoying finally being back together again (L)

Amal.... best of luck to your husband in finding that job.... sounds like he's a real go-getter and I'm sure he will find something soon insha'allah.

Kelly.... I can hardly believe your long wait is almost over. For sure your countdown is on !! Sending you prayers and all the mojo for a quick and easy interview so you two can hop on a plane as soon as possible.

Still catching up with all the other news in this thread.... but my best to all of you !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Wow, your wait has been ridiculous. Any reply from the senator?

Nope .. not yet ... I'm trying to be patient though ....

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

591088.png

Timeline

Update :

I just called my senators office and they said they recieved my letter today and just inputed it into the computer. They said they will reply to me in a couple of weeks by snail mail. It was real easy to get ahold of the person by phone though .. so I guess that's a good thing.

591088.png

Update :

I just called my senators office and they said they recieved my letter today and just inputed it into the computer. They said they will reply to me in a couple of weeks by snail mail. It was real easy to get ahold of the person by phone though .. so I guess that's a good thing.

I would suggest you bug them by phone again in another week. Seriously, they're not going to do anything without some serious nudging from you. It's always the squeaky wheel that gets the grease...

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

I would call them every day if it were possible. When I was waiting for my husbands stuff to go through.. I called every day and sometimes twice a day. One time the lady said, wow you're persistent! I said, yep, I miss my husband!! She laughed and by the next day his file was on its way!!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.