cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Mary I also ordered the handheld sanicare. i wish i had a bigger bathroom to add a bidet . Anmar's home in Jordan all had updated bathrooms, none of the arabian style kind. Although after we married both of the homes he rented for us had a modern bathroom and an arabian style bathroom. Liz The only time I used it was when I had to go and he was in the other bathroom. In that case I used it, but if i didn't have to I wouldn't. I really like the handheld and the bidet thingys. It's more sanitary but you still need tissue to blot yourself dry..hehe.. I told anmar about the whole bidet thing and he said honey I think you care more about my A$$.. :lol: I'm glad he's adapting well to life here. He knew it would be difficult when he came here he had no illusions about finding a job quick or becoming rich. Here's my little problem I am having I feel too protective of him. I don't want him to be discriminated against or have him get taken advantage of, but everyone he has met has been really nice to him. The only thing that surprised him was he didn't see any store getting robbed or someone getting shot because when they show news there in jordan usually it's that kind of news.

Angel

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
If any of you wrote to Senators how long did it take for you to hear from them ? It has been a week for me, and I am soo anxious. Just wanted to know generally how long it takes till they start working on the case.

I emailed my senator and his office replied via snail mail 2 weeks later. They sent me a form that I had to fill out and sign to give them permission to investigate our case on my behalf.

I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I emailed my senator and his office replied via snail mail 2 weeks later. They sent me a form that I had to fill out and sign to give them permission to investigate our case on my behalf.

Yeah, I already filled that form out and sent it. If I don't hear from them by Friday I will try to e-mail or call them to check and see what's going on.

Angel, I feel that way too. I know when Ali comes I am going to be so protective of him just like he is of me in Lebanon. Hopefully when he is able to stand on his own two feet you can let go :)

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I have seen so many posts about evidence of relationship, saving phone numbers, calling senetors, even buying toilet accesories all in the name of love (L) Maybe we should start putting the link to these forums on our applications so that those embassies can actually see how much we love our guys!!! :thumbs:

Jordanian Princess

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Angel, I feel that way too. I know when Ali comes I am going to be so protective of him just like he is of me in Lebanon. Hopefully when he is able to stand on his own two feet you can let go :)

I wish I can say I will let go, but as woman I will never let go if you get my meaning :) I love my husband dearly, and I just want him to feel the same way he made me feel while I was there in Jordan with him. My husband and I have basically the same habits(arab habits) even though we are from different cultures and it's just difficult for me now to see him in my environment and he is so unsure of himself and it's just a sudden change compared to when you see them in their home country. Well i'm sure I don't have to explain to you because I am sure know you know already, but I want my husband to feel safe and happy as he made me feel in his country. as they say behind every good man there is a woman who is standing beside him :)

Angel

Filed: Timeline

Angel, I understand how you feel, I did at first. I was so scared to let Abdel take the bus because I didn't want him to accidentally get off in the wrong part of town and end up dead. When I came home one evening and he had gone to town on his own, and he wasn't home yet, I was freaking out by the time he got back.

Believe it or not, they do fine. Abdel gets around great now, and was even telling me that he was warning some tourists that he was playing soccer with in the park that there had been a murder there a few weeks ago, so it probably wasn't safe to be there after dark.

As your husband shows you his ability to adapt, you will lighten up. He's lucky too that he married a woman from a culture similar to his own who could help him prepare for the changes he will face.

I have seen so many posts about evidence of relationship, saving phone numbers, calling senetors, even buying toilet accesories all in the name of love (L) Maybe we should start putting the link to these forums on our applications so that those embassies can actually see how much we love our guys!!! :thumbs:

Jordanian Princess

Yeah, if using a hole-in-the-ground (aka turkish) toilet and buying a bidet don't show your love, I don't know what does :lol:

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I had a dream last night ....

I call the NVC and push 0 to speak to an operator. The operator ansewrs and I ask her if my husband got an interview she says "No". I sayd "you were so quick to say no, can you check on your computer ?". She checks on her computer and then says "Your husbands interview is put on hold because he has not had is phone interview yet." I say "What's that ?" and she explains thats when the NVC has to sit there and listen to the couple talk on the phone for an hour. So she automatically calls Ali. Ali doesn't know they are listening, only I do. For some reason he was feeling very romantic that day and we spent the hour talking about how much we love each other, our future plans and goals, how bad we want to have kids, our crazy stories with each other, and etc. When Ali hung up she told me "Wow, what an amzazing couple". I said "I know, this is why it's so hard for us to be apart because we truly are newlyweds and just want to be together". She then gave us our interview date :D

If only my dream can become a reality ....

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Wow, what a nice dream! I too hope it was prophetic :D

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi All-

I've missed some good stuff here. This toilet stuff is hysterical. I know I never heard of sqatters til I went to Jordan so that was a pretty big surprise for me -and Hatem better never ask me to install one here. thats all I know about that.

Oh, and he's here, and all is good. His plane was to arrive at 340pm, I got there at 340, knowing that it would be some time to get landed, off, and checked in....but no, he was outside already. The plane was early and he was processed in no time and out the door before we even got to the airport....yes, WE got to the airport. Our reunion was pretty much a family matter and it would be easy to complain about that forever, but whatever, its over and we did everything his cousins here wanted and it was ok. At his cousin's, we split up and he was in one home with the men and I was in another having dinner with the ladies, who were wonderful and dinner was great -coulda waited til Friday!!!!!, but the visit was lovely. The night was fun, I did enjoy meeting the new relatives and none of them (including Hatem) will ever understand why I felt that was so intrusive and rude and inconsiderate and just wrong wrong wrong of them to plan his first night here anyway, so by complaining I'm just pulling my own hair out. I could scream, but they don't care and its over so whatever.

Some of you are talking about how much mothering is nessessary...I hear you and I have anticipated having to do the same things, but that is one thaing I have to say is easier now that his cousins have insisted on being involved....they got him a job, a cell phone, they are showing him around, one of them is getting his car insurance, Hatem is pretty set up now and it would have been much harder if I was alone in that....He's got one cousin thats driving me up a damn wall, but he really does want Hatem set up right and he's doing things that really do help Hatem so much and I do appreciate that, so.....its been pretty nuts since he got here, but we are ok and I think that things will get easier fast now (at least I hope). I am looking forward to everybody getting busy with their normal lives and seeing how things are then.

Anyway, THEY will be back soon and I need normal coffee before they get here so noone gets hurt. Take care everybody

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

good to hear from you Dawn... glad to hear "y'all" are all doing well :P Sounds like the family is getting Hatem hooked up nicely (weight off ur shoulders) and now you two can see about having a "couple" life that includes family sometimes. Get ur coffee, girl! no one should get hurt due to lack of caffeine - hahaha

Welcome back!

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Dawn,

So glad to hear that things are going well for you both. I am sure the family is a big help and yes they can be a pain sometimes but better to have some than none. Get some coffee and will look for updates from you soon.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dawn-

I am glad to hear your husband arrived safely and you two are trying to settle into a routine. Keep us posted!

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Timeline

Dawn, Welcome back and I understand what you are going through and why you were so mad at him. Abdel's family totally smothered us when I was in Morocco and he made it clear that if I did have to move there, we would live in another city or we'd never get a moment alone. We actually pretended to sleep all day and stayed locked in the bedroom until 3 PM sometimes, just to have the privacy to talk and be alone. The second we came out we couldn't take a step without someone being with us, and it wasn't a religious reason, just a closeness that made me nuts.

I really feel for you so please IM me if you need to talk. Yes, family can be great, but this is your man that you worked your a$$ off to get here and now you feel like you'll never get to have him alone.

I do hope things get better for you. The cousins certainly are taking a load off, but they need to respect your marriage too, and give you the much needed time alone for a while.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.