cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

i plan to install one on my toilet at home when we get home...now that i have had it for 8 months i cant imagine leaving the bathroom without having it

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Now, I am starting to get very concerned about what life will be like for my fiance and me when he finally arrives. I do not want him to feel like less of a man, but I can't help but feel that he will be emasculated with his wife paying all the bills and driving him around town. He has already told me that he

"will be the head of the family."

I feel the same way. My fiance has not been able to work for a year before being a teacher, he has to sign a contract. If he were to receive his visa he would have to pay his way out of the contract! He has been doing private duty lessons here and there, but does not have money like he did. He does not want to ask me for money because he says he is ashamed. I tell him that is what husbands and wifes do.....support each other in their time of needs. He says be HAS to pay me back once he starts work here to ease his mind. Also, the transportation has been an issue too. I live 1 mile from a bus stop and taxis just cost too much. He is going to get his license once here so that will help out As far as being "head of the family" we have both agreed that there is no "head of the family" and we both have a say in what goes on. I think he knows I'm strong willed enough that I will not have a man telling me what to do. ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hahaha too funny about that. Youssef just doesn't get the whole idea of paper, and honestly I can't physically bring myself not to use it! You should be able to get them at a Home Depot or Lowes or something though.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline
i plan to install one on my toilet at home when we get home...now that i have had it for 8 months i cant imagine leaving the bathroom without having it

Yeah, I got used to them too. I have looked online and see the ones that are actual seat attachments and then there are some that have the long spray nozel. I was joking with him telling him that once we get one, I don't want to be sitting in water on the toliet seat like I do when I am there! :lol::lol::lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

http://www.sanicare.com/handheld.html#s200

Ladies this is the link where I got mine from. I installed it on my toliet and it has all parts enclosed with the order. I did not need a plummer to add water lines since it hooks on the intake to the toliet. I did not find one that was not special order in my area and the whole toliet seat. I got the handheld one for now. Maybe this will help anyone trying to locate them.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
:lol::lol::lol: Thats so funny about the whole Beday issue! That has been one of the biggest issues we have had since we met. He just can't understand why they are not standard in america. He wan't to install one in our apartment, not the hose, but the whole thing! I keep trying to explain that if you live in an apartment you can't redo the whole bathroom. I guess i wilh have to look into one of those portable ones. :P

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh I love those hoses. How convenient they are. When I left Jordan, I told Faisal I would be missing that greatly, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Timeline
Oh I love those hoses. How convenient they are. When I left Jordan, I told Faisal I would be missing that greatly, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I did too Andrea, that is why I went to find one and had to research since they are not available locally here.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
http://www.sanicare.com/handheld.html#s200

Ladies this is the link where I got mine from. I installed it on my toliet and it has all parts enclosed with the order. I did not need a plummer to add water lines since it hooks on the intake to the toliet. I did not find one that was not special order in my area and the whole toliet seat. I got the handheld one for now. Maybe this will help anyone trying to locate them.

Thanks for the link Mary! I tend to like the handhelds better. The other ones kinda freak me out, but that is another story! First time I tried to use one of these I didn't realize there was water pressure! :unsure: Darn near gave myself an enema! I was in the bathroom screaming.....then laughing and Khallid knocked on the door to see if everything was ok! :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Since we are discussing "toileting". Have you ever tried to use those hole toilets (no idea what they are called but they are just a whole in the ground) in the Middle East ? Now I am Lebanese - American. I totally freaked out when we went somewhere and that was all they had. LOL ! It was soo nasty .. so I held it all day long.

As far as those "A$$ sprayers". We have them on all of our toilets .. we cannot live w/o them. They are sooo clean. I don't like the handhelds .. they get water everywhere. If you have children teach them how to use them properly. My six year old brother has been using it since he was 4 and has never sprayed water all over the bathroom (on accident maybe once or twice).

If any of you wrote to Senators how long did it take for you to hear from them ? It has been a week for me, and I am soo anxious. Just wanted to know generally how long it takes till they start working on the case.

Edited by LebaneseBride

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Timeline

LebaneseBride,

Both times I dealt with the senator it was two weeks before they responded. Good luck.

Mary

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

How did they respond ? By snail mail, phone, or e-mail ? Just wondering so I can know what to expect.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Timeline

Snail mail. I called them and asked for update and said they had not had any contact with the embassy both times. But they had the responses and did not tell me over the phone.

If any of you wrote to Senators how long did it take for you to hear from them ? It has been a week for me, and I am soo anxious. Just wanted to know generally how long it takes till they start working on the case.

You should definitely bug your senators. I contacted both my senators and my representative. My rep got back to me after I called about 3 times. One of the senators got back to me a month later, after I'd attempted to contact his office twice. The other senator, whom I contacted just once, called me back a whopping 9 weeks later. I was NOT impressed.

The moral of the story is, don't wait for them to contact you, you should definitely be bugging them a lot, otherwise they may ignore you.

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Timeline

Ok, back to toilets. In most of Morocco that I've seen they have the hole style toilet that is the concrete pad with places for your feet. Abdel misses them so much he asked me to put one in our bathroom when we add it on. I've promised a bidet, but not sure about the floor toilet. I do know though that it was great exercise to use it. When I first got to Morocco I thought I was going to die, but I just had a hard time walking for the first week while my achilles tendons stretched back out after wearing heels all the time. After the first week I found my legs getting stronger. We are used to so many shortcuts here like toilets, but the old way can be so much better for keeping our bodies strong.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.