cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

this thread is about anything and everything

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline
I'm not really getting this thread ... what is it about ??

And if it's what I think it is :

YALLAH LEBANON I need my Ali here with me !!

:D This is what this thread is about..talk about anything, complain etc..

Welcome to yallah middle east

angel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi Dawn,

Sorry, I know you asked about me on the other thread, but I really didn't want to bring the mood down with my problems, so I haven't been really vocal, but I have been closely watching everyone's progress. I had your interview date on my calendar at work, and the notice popped up a few days before it. I couldn't beleive that day come so fast...well at least for me :P But I am absolutely thrilled for you both!! Please send my congrats to Hatem. Tuesday, I can tell will be a sunny day!

Anyways, I kinda have been taking a break from posting here with the long wait and all...but I really have to support all those who have helped me along the way. And you are certainly one of those wonderful people. I have second guessed myself on some of the things I would have done differently with this process if I had to do it over again. And I am still really upset with the long wait I had at CSC. And seeing those who applied much later already being together. We did get an interview date, but our journey may take a little break or may stop completely...I am not sure yet. Timing for everything right now is in chaos, and W really is not being flexible with what I need her to be. I am thinking about going through with the interview and then delaying her trip to the US until I can sort out some things though. Maybe a trip there to sort out things face to face. The India thing is slowing falling apart and I was counting on that for us to be together. But I've got other things in the works though, so I am not worried. I was just hoping that W would be willing to do anything for us to be together, and I am learning that is not the case. So, we shall see. But if I have to do it again, I am certainly going the K1 route....but we haven't reached that point yet, so I shouldn't talk that way.

Sorry to bring the mood down, with my problems. Everyone go back to celebrating!

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

LuLu,

I have missed your posts and sorry to hear that your a little down now. It is very stressful process and if you look at my timeline too it was like we would never get an interview. We got to the embassy at end of July and then did not give us an interview until I inquired with my senator first of October. Maybe you can get your congressman or senator to inquire of setting a date for you? Embassy then sent Ishteaq an interview letter on Oct 31st with the date of Dec 12th.

Our case is still in limbo too. But if you can get a date it sure does help. Try and stay positive and I will continue to remember you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary

Edited by mianishqsrose

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Lulu,

I'm sorry to hear things are a bit bumpy right now... inch'allah, they will smooth out soon. As you know, being apart from your loved one can be sooo stressful at times. Maybe W is really stressed abt it....

Anyway, I know you didn't want to really get into it, so we're here for whatever you need....

Take care friend!

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

LuLu Sorry things are not going the way you want them to at this time. Don't be worried about posting here and thinking maybe you will bring people down. Sometimes we find support and comfort in the last place you would think to find it. whether it's good or bad, sad or happy don't hesitate to post here. Like everyone else mentioned we are all here to support you in whatever you decide. Take care.

Angel

Timeline

LuLu-

You never have to worry about the mood here. This is the one place that everyone here knows full well that really hard things happen at different times for all of us. None of us would ever expect you to stay away when things get hard... but we all understand why you'd want to.

(and I feel safe speaking for all of us on this, too)

I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. The wait and distance and processing troubles can make anyone wonder if they are on the right path, and I know its hard to feel motovated to move forward while going through that. what you are doing is ok. Sounds like you are maintaining a holding pattern while you sort things, and thats way better than pulling the plug on things before you are 1000% positive that its not the process thats hurting you rather than something she's doing. I know you'll do the right things and I hope you keep posting. Take care

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well, I'm back in the U.S a few days earlier than expected due to some foot issues again. We had a wonderful time together and are praying that our time apart this time will be short.

It's going to take me a while to read up on the forums here. I hope everyone is doing well and you all are always in my prayers!

LuLu, Im so sorry to hear of whats going on...and if u dont mind me asking, what date did Amman give you? If i was to guess probably sometime in May right? Which although seems a long time away, will actually pass so fast...just ask dawn and myself...it seems like just yesterday we got the call on December 31st, and now here we are, almost the first of March, and 3 weeks til the big day....I hope things turn around for you...are u still planning your trip to Jordan this coming month?

Amy, I hope you had a wonderful trip...sorry to hear your foot is still giving u problems....inshallah your wait is over soon and you and your man can have your sweet reunion...

Dawn, Tuesday is coming fast....I cant wait to hear Hattem has his visa in his passport....it will truly be a wonderful day....I really hope Sofyans interview goes just as smooth...

everyone else.....the day sofyan and i have waited for for nearly a year and a half is almost finally here....a little over 3 weeks and our time has come...I cant wait to see what happens....It has been my dream to introduce my family to this wonderful man i fell in love with what seems like so long ago....My family is so eager for him to come home and also me! I cant fathom it has been 8 months since i departed from Chicago...I was the kind of girl who couldnt go away to college in fear of being away from my dad and family for a few months at a time...and here i went last july....nothing holding me down...bought that ticket and jumped on the plane...with no second thoughts...I really, still to this day, cannot believe i did it...but i guess its true when they say, love makes u do some crazy things.....my family has been so accepting of me being here, and even with everything that happened last november in amman, they never jumped to conclusions or questioned my safety because they trust sofyan soo much....its so comforting....

things are picking up here....sofyan (INSHALLAH) will leave his job thursday....i cannot wait....his job, and him and i being apart 10 hours a day breaks my and his heart....and i know its reality but...3 weeks together with no work will be amazing.....we are going to Kufranjaa (Ajloon) this weekend, to finally see my new nephew....and to see some of the in-laws before we leave here....it will be a nice get away from this dreadful town Zarqa, and also, help the time pass a little faster....after that...one last trip to amman to get my passport taken care of from the ministry....then we need to do a little shopping for gifts for the family....and then the day will nearly be here...wooohooo for March 21st.....our nerves have not set in...and i hope they dont...everything is in gods hands, and i dont forsee any problems.....i have faith in sofyan....he convinced hundred of people in chicago that he loves me without even meeting them....i think that he will have no problem with the Consul....its so funny to think like....you (as a couple) know everything inside of eachothers head and hearts, but thats not whats important, whats important is making the consul see it....

On another note...my stomach (knocking on wood) has not hurt me at all since i started these meds....and...for 100% assurance...i am not preggo as my little visitor came 2 nights ago...which was a big load of my shoulders...sofyan was a little disappointed as having a child is something he cannot wait for...but i assured him now is not the time, and when we are better prepared, we will get started...

i have been rambling for like 20 mins now, nd i better stop before u all get bored reading this....

Kepp posting ya'll.....

Kelly and Sofyan (L)

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Timeline

LuLu, I'm really sorry you're going through so much stress right now. I know someone else here who was ready to give up on the relationship but after a visit to the SO came back more in love than ever. Sometimes things just don't translate right over the distance.

Dollface, you're not rambling. I love to read each story here. It makes me feel closer to someone when they share their life. Abdel was asking me how people come here and tell their personal stuff. I told him we make friends here which works pretty good nowadays since so many of us have such busy lives.

We've been making slow progress on the house since I had the flu. Abdel somehow didn't get it, even though he insisted on still sharing my food dishes. Last night we finally grouted the border in the bathroom and put in the toilet. It worked right the first time with no leaks! Abdel worked all Thursday and Friday doing the concrete in the laundry room, and my brother came over yesterday and did the electrical in there. I did have the energy to do the taxes last week, so now we know that we will have enough from that for the drywall, insulation and tile to finish the laundry room. If only I could afford the matching front-load washer and dryer! Fortunately the leak I thought we had in the washer was just a one-time off balance deal so it will last for a while.

Having hot water on demand sure came in handy last week with both of my sons and I sick with the flu. Sometimes the only thing that could stop the coughing for any of us was a 20 minute hot shower. What was even better was getting the electric bill and it having gone down $65 in one month.

How is everyone else doing? It is good to see updates on life in general here, you guys have really become my friends during this process together.

just as i thought i was cured...i spoke to soon...just got home from the hospital with 3 new meds and a sore behind from that 6 inch needle...lets see what happens...keep me in your prayers..

kELLY

.png

Filed: Timeline

Ohhhhhhhhhh Kelly, I am sorry you are going thru this. What did they say at the hospital? Do they think it is an ulcer?

When I was in Jordan and sick, I had 2 shots. One in the arm and one in the butt. :crying: But whatever they shot me up with sure worked. :D

Hope you feel better soon.

Jackie

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi everyone. Finally I moved. In my new home now. I'm soooooooooooooooooo tired. I did thi smove basically myself, it was short notice and everyone was busy working, etc. I can't believe what I held on to for five years. And even after throwing everything out, I still moved wayyyyyyyyy toooooooooo much.

Sent the embassy an email with my new address. Called USCIS with my new address. So much to do so far. Going on week 3 now that they've had my hubby's file. Now, I did slip a question as to where they were with it, but of course they told me the same story, within 10-12 weeks from the time they got the file but they can't really say, depends on who's before who. Anyway, it's ok, just want to know if they need anything else, or we are safe now and wait for the interview. Hate this waiting. Maybe I will have to make another trip to Jordan, but not now, flat broke from just getting back in Jan and then this move. Ugh!

Kelly, hey what's going on with your stomach? Do you have bacteria? Do you have reflex? Or is it an ulcer? What was the shot for? Hope you feel better again like now!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor thing, haven't seen ur family in 8 months and you've had a lot of colds and this stomach thing going on. Hang in there girl, your interview is coming closer!

To everyone else, hi, how r u? Anyone else having an interview coming up soon beside Kelly?

Dawn: can't wait to officially here your good news.

Angel: Hey. Don't worry about the chat. I know, your husband is here and you're just too busy to chat with me, LOL, Just kidding!

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Andrea,

Glad you are moved. Are you all settled in now or do you still have the hundreds of boxes to go through? :wacko: I know moving is a BIG headache. I'm hoping to move within the next year and I am already getting rid of things. :D

Kelly,

Girl, what is up with the tummy? Have they did bloodwork? What kind of shots did you get? You know I was thinking about you when I was in Egypt. You always mention laundry day (real laundry LOL!) and we had a few of those days. Never have I seen a washing machine like the one we used! Super small and it had 2 sides. :huh: Sure was not able to do the huge loads of laundry like I do at home. :no: It was kinda fun in a way, but I couldn't wait to get back to my Maytags! :P

Timeline

cool avatar, Amy. Are those your feet?

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.