cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Hehe, sharmoota was one of the first words I learned in arabic and one of the few I still remember :whistle:

ditto that Angel :thumbs:

Whyyyyyyy it always have to be the bad words we learn first :crying:

:P I remember when I was 16 an Israeli girl taught me my first words in Hebrew - ben zona :lol: some will notice that it's almost identical to the Arabic version.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

i learned a bunch of bad words first too......................like NeekNe, and Sharmoota of course and some others lol

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ahhh, neknee :lol:

Which reminds me...all you ladies out there might want to pick up this book. It's geared more towards someone on vacation looking for some action, but it can be...useful...for those of us with arabic speaking husbands :whistle:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Also Mary how's the life? I hope you are very happy smile. :D

Hello Angel and the other ME gals and guys. This past month has been a worldwind of ups, downs and tensions. Not between us but life in general. I had main pipes bust in front yard 800.00 in repairs and no water since yesterday again. :crying: Waiting on plumber to come and try and fix and no telling the cost again.

We are trying to get his drivers license and it has been a battle for this too. I posted this in the Islamabad forum, too. It is messed up here. They only accept applicants at one office for the whole state and they only accept so many. You line up at 6 am and doors open at 8 am. If you are lucky you can do the written test. If you pass they will not allow you to get a learners permit. You have to take the road test and only so many of those done daily for foreigners as well. And they do not do these tests until the very end of the day so you must sit all day. If you are not lucky you must come back until you have a spot to do these tests. sad.gif

We are going back next week and trying to get his written and praying inshallah he passes and that they will allow him his road test on same day.

Sorry about the long post but this is just a few of our adjustments. All of us are happy and adjusting well other than the stupid daily stuff. Try and read more than I can post on here and pulling for all the ones waiting on visas.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Which reminds me...all you ladies out there might want to pick up this book. It's geared more towards someone on vacation looking for some action, but it can be...useful...for those of us with arabic speaking husbands :whistle:

OMG....I have that book! Cracks me up! I didn't realize all the neat little works that book had, I just thought it would help with my arabic. And boy in some areas it sure did! :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

OMG....I have that book! Cracks me up! I didn't realize all the neat little works that book had, I just thought it would help with my arabic. And boy in some areas it sure did! :lol:

I just ordered it... figured it would be worth it's weight in entertainment value!

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Mary.. so sorry about what's going on... I guess the hassles will just never end... but at least you've gotten over the big hump with the visa and all... hope everything works out and I hope alabama opens up another DMV!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

WOW ! So much has gone on since Ive been gone (so sorry to those of you that got really hurt by another site). Congrats to everyone that has had their cases moving ... and good luck to those of still waiting.

Have my dreams come true ?

Yes :D

Ali now has : his SSN, his ID card, his permit, his GREEN CARD, a job (although not permanent .. but its a job al hamdullah), and we are living on our own since we had our wedding.

He knows pretty good English now and is able to take care of himself and not rely on me so much.

Our wedding was beautiful and more than I could have ever dreamed of. I was going to post a pic but after seeing what happend I will not post a picture (sorry). However I have to tell you I looked like a "Lebanese Bride !!" I cried when I put on my dress and veil ... I never thought I would look so pretty :blush: I also cried when Ali saw me for the first time and when I left my parents house.

We have been married for 2 weeks now and life could not be better thank God.

Have I set new dreams ?

Yes :thumbs:

We are trying to conceive !! Wish us luck ... we realllllllllly want to have a baby :D

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

will someone pm me and let me know what happened here. i keep reading and know something happened but dont know what. curiosity killed the cat u know!!!!

hassan officially starts his job this morning at 7:00 am. it seams i will never get to see him. he will do 2 days a week on call and cant leave the hospital for 32 hours. he said they only give him one weekend off a month. looks like i will be spending alot of time alone and maybe more time on VJ.

he got his advance parole and of course cant use it now. still waiting on the green card. oh well guess u cant have it all with the immigration services. but at least we are getting there a little bit at a time.

donna

Filed: Timeline
WOW ! So much has gone on since Ive been gone (so sorry to those of you that got really hurt by another site). Congrats to everyone that has had their cases moving ... and good luck to those of still waiting.

Have my dreams come true ?

Yes :D

Ali now has : his SSN, his ID card, his permit, his GREEN CARD, a job (although not permanent .. but its a job al hamdullah), and we are living on our own since we had our wedding.

He knows pretty good English now and is able to take care of himself and not rely on me so much.

Our wedding was beautiful and more than I could have ever dreamed of. I was going to post a pic but after seeing what happend I will not post a picture (sorry). However I have to tell you I looked like a "Lebanese Bride !!" I cried when I put on my dress and veil ... I never thought I would look so pretty :blush: I also cried when Ali saw me for the first time and when I left my parents house.

We have been married for 2 weeks now and life could not be better thank God.

Have I set new dreams ?

Yes :thumbs:

We are trying to conceive !! Wish us luck ... we realllllllllly want to have a baby :D

Awww... congratulations to the both of you. It's so wonderful to hear such sweet news here. I'm sure we're all dying to see those pics, but I can REALLY understand not posting them here. It's a shame the black eyes of others have to alter our freedom (grrrrr). I'm really happy for you. And special prayers for bringing that "new dream" into reality. You deserve it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Maybe we could start a ME/NA album on flickr or another online picture site, and then only give out the address to trustworthy members?

Congrats on everything LB and I hope your DH gets his drivers license Mary.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

just read the stupid blog from the STUPID american who doesn't know her @@@ from a hole in the ground..I would vent about it but it would be pointless right now... ...i seriously wish ppl would learn the difference between islam and terrorists..coz there IS a difference...STUPID PPL!!!! sorry..i'm done ...

also I'm sorry to those who were hurt by that blog of hers..she's an idiot!!! LOVE YOU ALL

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations LB and wishing you all the best on your upcoming plans.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.