Alhamduliliah, this reminds me of one of my favorite ayat from the Qur'an

Asad's translation

IN THE NAME OF GOD, THE MOST GRACIOUS, THE DISPENSER OF GRACE

[94:1]

HAVE WE NOT opened up thy heart,

[94:2]

and lifted from thee the burden

[94:3]

that had weighed so heavily on thy back?

[94:4]

And [have We not] raised thee high in dignity?

[94:5]

And, behold, with every hardship comes ease:

[94:6]

verily, with every hardship comes ease!

[94:7]

Hence, when thou art freed [from distress], remain steadfast,

[94:8]

and unto thy Sustainer turn with love.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

airfrance didnt check the weight of our carry on's rather then the dimensions, it had to fit in this stupid little box thing, but some others it just had to sit on top if it. i ended up squishing some stuff in my bag from stickin it in that dang box. this time when i travel i will use airfrance again cause its the only airline i know but i will be taking a small carry on cause ill be by myself and dont wanna carry a heavy ol bag with me, prolly ill just take a backpack so i can run with it if need be

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Timeline
just_waiting

Alhamduliliah, this reminds me of one of my favorite ayat from the Qur'an

Asad's translation

IN THE NAME OF GOD, THE MOST GRACIOUS, THE DISPENSER OF GRACE

[94:1]

HAVE WE NOT opened up thy heart,

[94:2]

and lifted from thee the burden

[94:3]

that had weighed so heavily on thy back?

[94:4]

And [have We not] raised thee high in dignity?

[94:5]

And, behold, with every hardship comes ease:

[94:6]

verily, with every hardship comes ease!

[94:7]

Hence, when thou art freed [from distress], remain steadfast,

[94:8]

and unto thy Sustainer turn with love.

Alhamdulellah... thank you. I'm sitting here all teared up. Just thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Alhamdulellah... thank you. I'm sitting here all teared up. Just thank you.

You're welcome. It's the perfect surah to receite in salat too. (F)

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

I always forget to look for photos..Those were really nice rahma! I'll have to look at everyone elses profiles too :P

oh and by the way...

I have mentioned my girl friend before ...that went with me to jordan and is still waiting for her husband to get approved .....

they got a phone call from the embassy today telling him to mail his passport to them for the visa...I didn't know they asked for it to be mailed...I thought they usually wanted it to be brought in....am i wrong???

(F) amal (F)

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

never heard of jordan asking for a passport mailed...but who knows these days in amman!

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
rahma - yacine loves your photos

all i heard each time was "ohhhhhh masha'allahhhhh"

:blush:

I love looking at people's pictures too. Post em up peeps!

irhal.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm going to butt in with a momentary "blither-moment". You guys know I've backed away from the forum due to my own emotional struggles these days. Still haven't found a job but I'm looking as hard as I can. But you know the old saying "every cloud has a silver lining"? It appears even this one has a silver lining...

My parents have not been accepting at all of my relationship with Mohammed for many reasons. Most of them stemming from his ethnicity. I don't blame them. They are the consumate "Ward and June Cleever" and I know this has been difficult for them to bend their sensibilities around. But because of my current hardship it has opened dialogue for us and I think they are beginning to see the man he is, that he is not using me, and that we are actually very and extremely serious about having a life together. They have gone so far now to offer their assistance should we need it after he arrives, to help HIM not just me.

I'm just sitting here all teary because this is a HUGE answered prayer. I wanted Mohammed to feel he had family here, it's what he wants so badly. So big brother, if you're watching, if my own PARENTS can accept this relationship as real and honest, why can't you?

JW... I am soooooooooooo happy to have read this thread... and saw your post. Family is very important... and Thank God for opening doors... not only in your family... but in the business world... still praying for ya!

*hugs*

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

awwwwwwwwwww... icey... i love the pics! i hope you are having a wonderful time with your yacine and his family (your family)... other than the theft #######!

*hugs*

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

the pictures are

hamza (cousin)

hamza again

hamza and nabil (brother)

hamza and amine (brother)

hamza amine and assia (sister)

me and yacine

then salahedine (brother in law) amine and assia

phew there is a whole slew of people that are missing

other than that everything is going a-ok!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

We are celebrating today because Ali got his SSN !!! Yaaaaaaaay ! We didnt have to wait 30 days cuz they sent it in the mail :D

Our wedding is next Saturday and we are soooooooooo excited ! Just wanted to share ....

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Hooray for the SSN!!!! Now he can start earning his keep :lol: just kidding. Mabrook, and your wedding will be beautiful, i'm sure.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.