cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
woo hoo angie :)

I can remember my first trip to Jordan. Flew out of Denver to Frankfurt to Amman. I was so scared of getting lost in the airports that flying over the united states and over the atlantic ocean and over europe and on to the middle east didn't scare me. It didn't even register until i came home that I actually flew in the air that long then I was like holy sh*t I just flew across the world. :) I remember laying in my room awake because of the time difference when suddenly I heard call to prayer. I will never forget that memory.

Hope you have a nice trip if you need any suggestions on what to bring or where to go. Ask us Jordan Gals!

Angel

ok back to work

Be prepared...July is hot hot hot!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can remember my first trip to Jordan. Flew out of Denver to Frankfurt to Amman. I was so scared of getting lost in the airports that flying over the united states and over the atlantic ocean and over europe and on to the middle east didn't scare me.

I HATE the Frankfurt airport. I spent SO MUCH time wandering around there just looking for something to eat that wasn't candy :( It's just miles and miles of the same thing over and over.

Angie, I'm excited for you! Less than two months to go.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I can remember my first trip to Jordan. Flew out of Denver to Frankfurt to Amman. I was so scared of getting lost in the airports that flying over the united states and over the atlantic ocean and over europe and on to the middle east didn't scare me.

I HATE the Frankfurt airport. I spent SO MUCH time wandering around there just looking for something to eat that wasn't candy :( It's just miles and miles of the same thing over and over.

Angie, I'm excited for you! Less than two months to go.

Oh man....Frankfurt is nuts. I swear I walked 20 miles last time I went through that airport. I had to pee so darn bad and couldn't find one for miles! :lol:

i always flew transit chicago to amman...best flight ever, but royal jordanian itself is getting on my nerves.....shitty attitudes from the stewardesses and crunched leg room

edited to add....yes Jordan is HOT HOT HOT in july...i nearly died when i flew there last year

Edited by dollface41601

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Oh man....Frankfurt is nuts. I swear I walked 20 miles last time I went through that airport. I had to pee so darn bad and couldn't find one for miles! :lol:

You're right, I forgot about how I couldn't find a bathroom there either! It is the least user-friendly airport I've ever been in. I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that problem :whistle:

Kelly, I thought it was just the Moroccan flight attendants who had attitude!

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

YALLA YALLA YALLA!!! ;) Just shaking things up a bit... it's Friday!

Icey... what the??? what is that pic? and where is Hachemi? Did you find him yet? ;)

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

When I went to Jordan, I had to go to Seattle first coz I was going with a girlfriend of mine. We flew to Amsterdam and had a layover for 11.5 hours!!!!! that was the longest danged 11.5 hours in my life! We couldn't find any place to sleep...finally after around 8 hours we found 1 set of reclining chairs we took a nap in. Amsterdam airport was pretty cool though..we found some bathrooms and kind of kept near those hehehe.. It was like a medium sized city there though.. It went for miles and miles...

I will say that they were not so nice when we were coming back to usa...very rude and it took us more than 1 hour to board the plane coz the flight attendants were questioning me and my girlfriend about our trip...

would type more but gotta go to work..bye ladies hope your days are great!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
When I went to Jordan, I had to go to Seattle first coz I was going with a girlfriend of mine. We flew to Amsterdam and had a layover for 11.5 hours!!!!! that was the longest danged 11.5 hours in my life! We couldn't find any place to sleep...finally after around 8 hours we found 1 set of reclining chairs we took a nap in. Amsterdam airport was pretty cool though..we found some bathrooms and kind of kept near those hehehe.. It was like a medium sized city there though.. It went for miles and miles...

I will say that they were not so nice when we were coming back to usa...very rude and it took us more than 1 hour to board the plane coz the flight attendants were questioning me and my girlfriend about our trip...

I had an 8 hour layover in Amsterdam last time I went to Cairo. It's sooooooo easy to leave the airport, hop on the train and make a brief 4 hour jaunt into the city itself.

Theoretically of course. When I attempted to impliment this plan, I got on the wrong train and some nice lady saw me looking at my Amsterdam map and told me I was going to wrong direction. I did make it to Amsterdam, but I was so scared I would get lost going back to the airport, I left after an hour and ended up waiting 5 hours for my plane :lol:

I got questioned pretty harshly going back to the US through Amsterdam too. They questioned everyone, but me, why were you going to Egypt? To visit family. why, where, how long, what did you do every day? Bah. :huh:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Wedding Attire is almost complete. I brought my dress home, I have the shoes, The lingerie under it. Now all I need is the veil. Easy Right? No it's not. You see I have the Hijab on and even though I live in an arabic community it is hard to find what you need.

Well Tomorrow inshallah my search will be over. I had been calling around to find someone who makes them. Finally My dad asked his Dry cleaner, a male and he gave him a couple of names. ( I guess you have to ask guys about girl stuff) I called one of them and she said she has some there and if I don't like any of them she can make me one. That is a relief. Now all I need is my fiance right?

Timeline
Wedding Attire is almost complete. I brought my dress home, I have the shoes, The lingerie under it. Now all I need is the veil. Easy Right? No it's not. You see I have the Hijab on and even though I live in an arabic community it is hard to find what you need.

Well Tomorrow inshallah my search will be over. I had been calling around to find someone who makes them. Finally My dad asked his Dry cleaner, a male and he gave him a couple of names. ( I guess you have to ask guys about girl stuff) I called one of them and she said she has some there and if I don't like any of them she can make me one. That is a relief. Now all I need is my fiance right?

sounds like you're all ready except for the fiance'.... and you shall have him soon, too!!!!

good luck!

noura (L)(F)

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Finding a pretty hijab for a wedding is really tough :wacko: I would looooooove to go to Turkey and get one of their wedding dresses. The abaya I ordered for our wedding came with a pretty shayla that I had made in squares instead. But, the material was soooo heavy I was afraid it would slide right off my head. Pics are in my photo album on the left.

When I was in Egypt, I tried to find a modest-ish wedding dress, but apparenlty the custom is for the girl to get stuffed into a huge tafeta gown, put on tons of caked makeup and get her hair all gussied up, even if she wears hijab reguarly. No 80s style dress for me.

But man, Turkey, so many great hijabi fashions.

69.jpg73.jpg81.jpg82.jpg153.jpg157.jpg162.jpg159.jpg

Please do post a pic of your dress :star:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

I will post pictures once I have the whole attire.

Are those pictures you scanned in or is there a website.

They go Crazy with makeup overseas. I generally were very little makeup when I do wear it. It just to even out my skin and add a little color so I don't look so pale. I don't have the typical arabic skin. At my engagement I told the lady light makeup. I looked in the mirror and did not recognize myself. I freaked out. I told that I said I wanted light makeup and she said that is light. The Street Walker look is always hot over there.

people have also asked me if I was going to take off my scarf for my wedding, which there are some people who do that. I don't believe in that.

My dress is your Typical american Style wedding dress except with sleaves. I will post pictures later.

Timeline

Wow, Rahma.... those wedding dresses are soooo beautiful! Said ran into a friend of his yesterday that is a caftan designer... her caftans are **gorgeous** (and pricey).... here's her site, but there's not contact info, I'm guessing it's still under construction, but check out these caftans.... whoa!!!!

www.caftandumaroc.com

Noura :luv:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.