cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody..

I have just realized that I'm probably the worst poster in the history of VJ.. I'm sorry I'm days between posts. Just that usually my only time online is in the mornings before Noor wakes up. Usually I've overslept so I don't get any computer time since he takes up the remaining 20 hours of the day.

I want to say that we got some good news yesterday in my home. Noor finally got some work (he does graphic/web design) business cards, brochures, postcards, flyers, letterhead, envelopes, web sites.... you know.. all that good stuff... We have been trying to market him since he's been here and finally got a hit... actually.. not just 1.. but 4!!!! We are so excited now!!! so hey..if you need any of that stuff ;) you know who to ask hehhehehe...

mabrooks to the ppl who got visas granted this past week!! That is exciting ! I wish you all the best of luck.

Angel, Noor had a really good time talking to your man the other day.. He is hoping to talk to him again soon. Since he is home all day.. Anmar can call anytime he wants.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Congrats on the Job. That will be great for his adjustment.

I sent the embassy an email to see if they sent the waivers to athens. The reply is that it will be sent on Friday. Are you kidding me? They have had the Waiver for a month now. This step takes long enought without them making it any longer. I am stuck in this limbo where even if we wanted to get married, we can't because we would have to start all over again. This waiver is going to take another year.

Oh Well, I'm leaving to see my baby Tomorrow. (L):dance::P:D

have a great trip...

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Have a safe trip and wonderful reunion with your SO.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Lost in Love have a great trip and enjoy every minute of it!

Good Luck to Dawn and Hatem tomorrow.

Hi Amal!

Seems like the only time I can log on is at work, so i try if i can to post from here.

Anmar enjoyed talking to Noor on the phone also. I ordered some arabian food from

this site online, and should be getting it today or tomorrow. So if it's good I'll send you the

site. I know when Anmar mentioned he was eating for breakfast Labneh and Olives in Olive Oil and Pita Bread Noor asked where he bought it which we bought in Lincoln at this arab grocery store. I'll tell Anmar to give him a call. Take care! and talk to you soon.

Angel

Filed: Timeline

Wow, I spend 4 days in bed with the flu and it takes me 3 hours to catch up on here! Good thing I took today off sick too. I'm not really sick now, but too weak to try to go to work. This is the worst flu I've had since 1988. Both of my sons had/have it too. Thank goodness Abdel isn't sick yet. I was hoping to be better before he got sick so I could nurse him like he has me. He's been a real angel for me.

Dawn, your hubby is so cute! It's great that he wants to take care of you so well. You will find that you treasure those sayings that he makes up without realizing it. We finally have our first one. We got the drains in for the washing machine and laundry sink, and the first night they weren't just leaking, they were gushing. So, the next day we redid part of it and they were just barely leaking - just slightly damp spots on a couple of places. So, Abdel glued those spots again and the next day, they weren't leaking, but a new spot was damp. I asked him if he was sure and he replied, "well excuse me, a leak is a leak!" Now when we have a tense moment I just throw out that line and we both burst out laughing. That's good because between the leaky pipes and the flu we're another week behind schedule.

Oh yeah, and it looks like the washer is leaking so I have to see if it needs a new water pump or other simple fix, or if we get to go further into debt. At least my boss told me last week he finally put in for the huge promotion he's been promising me for over 5 years. As soon as that is through I might just go by Sears and have a chat with the salesman. When I show them the appliances I want and tell them to call me the next time they have no payments no interest for a year, they always call me back really quick. The fridge isn't defrosting properly either, so we're just having so much fun! I feel like I'm living in some kind of surreal nightmare right now with the house torn apart and everything breaking down. It's getting hard to imagine normal anymore.

Timeline

Liz,

Sounds about how my last two weeks have been around here. Take care of yourself and the family and hope the flu bug is gone soon. :thumbs: Good luck on the job advancement too.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline

That's terrible Mary. I'm so sorry. It is hard enough to go through it, I couldn't imagine doing it without Abdel. Well, actually, I did for years, but I don't really miss those days.

I do hope your man gets here with you soon! It doesn't keep the bad days away to have him here, but it does make them just a little more bearable.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Lostinlove- I'm totally jealous, have a safe trip and I hope you take pictures and maybe post while you are there. If not, see you when you get back

Liz and Mary- flutime sucks. I know its really nice out here today, maybe by your house too. I hope you can get some fresh air and feel better soon

Liz- cute story...and to me, a good enough reason to go appliance shopping too. Have fun doing that.

11 more hours.......................

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Timeline
Lostinlove- I'm totally jealous, have a safe trip and I hope you take pictures and maybe post while you are there. If not, see you when you get back

Liz and Mary- flutime sucks. I know its really nice out here today, maybe by your house too. I hope you can get some fresh air and feel better soon

Liz- cute story...and to me, a good enough reason to go appliance shopping too. Have fun doing that.

Dawn,

I wish it was the flu. I had the pc go down spent 300.00 to fix and still not working properly. Then the car was serviced and the battery died and stranded me. :angry: My youngest has jammed his toe and was in cast, then jammed two fingers, then he was doing something in pe and fell wrong and we think he broke ribs. He has a bruise on chest and just sore when he moves. I need a bubble to keep him safe. :lol:

My oldest had surgery yesterday and now they had good news and bad. Good news was they removed tumor/cyst and was able to insert new t tube in the ear. Bad news is he has to have major surgery for cholestenoma repairs again. We are in process of scheduling this now.

Hope you have good news later to share about the interview. I keep coming back and forth online to check. Take care and fingers are crossed for you.

Mary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dawn,

I wish it was the flu. I had the pc go down spent 300.00 to fix and still not working properly. Then the car was serviced and the battery died and stranded me. :angry: My youngest has jammed his toe and was in cast, then jammed two fingers, then he was doing something in pe and fell wrong and we think he broke ribs. He has a bruise on chest and just sore when he moves. I need a bubble to keep him safe. :lol:

My oldest had surgery yesterday and now they had good news and bad. Good news was they removed tumor/cyst and was able to insert new t tube in the ear. Bad news is he has to have major surgery for cholestenoma repairs again. We are in process of scheduling this now.

Hope you have good news later to share about the interview. I keep coming back and forth online to check. Take care and fingers are crossed for you.

Mary

Mary, *huge hugs*

Bless ya heart... life is just throwing all kinds of curve balls at ya! You never give up tho... and I sincerely admire that!

*hugs again*

Blessings, Lynne

PS: forgot to say that I am wishing the best for you and for your kids... and your husband... prayers going up now! *hugs*

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Dawn,

Mary

Thats a lot to have going on at once. Wow, I'm sorry I read that wrong- I guess Id take the flu too. I hope you are holding up ok. I know sometimes things can be so hard. I wish I could do something.

Keep hanging in there.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Mary,

God bless you and all you're going thru... I hope all smoothes out soon w/ your kids and your visa process. You're such a great support here and bless your heart, you have so much going on in your own world too! I pray that your children heal soon and you have your man w/ you in a shorter time!

Thanks for being so strong for everyone... you have a heart of gold :luv:

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So sorry I have not been online at all for a while. My laptop overheated and has been on the fritz for a while now and I use the net cafes mainly for checking my email, etc. Thought I would catch everyone up for a change today. Amr had his interview Dec 19th. The lady told him he would have his visa in 2 weeks, then it was 6 weeks and now we are going on 8 weeks. I am hoping we hear something soon. Life in Egypt is great, so simple. Really we have talked about me teaching here instead of us going back, but no decisions have been made as of yet.

Amr and I had the change to meet Amy and her fiance a few days ago. It was nice to see another american face! :D We ended up leaving the boys for a while and going to a few shops and gettings some groceries and things. We laughed because men would walk by us and say "white sugar."

When I have more time I will read up on everyones situations. I hope everyone is doing well!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.