cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wow...I go on vacation for 3 days and I missed so much! Kelly, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

So the cruise was good, got back earlier today. Spent most of the time laying out and catching rays. I had no complaints at all, except for the crowd. I guess any 3 day cruise is gonna be full of boozers. The room was much better than we expected, it was spacious and the beds were comfy. It was clean, the the upkeep of the rooms is unbelieveable. The food was ok, I'm not the buffet type, so I didn't really care for it. Ensenada is a waste of time, but I knew that beforehand and basically went for the cruising part.

All in all it was a good trip, the girls I went with make it that way. We have fun no matter where we go. I can still feel the motion of the boat rocking. :lol: I am totally sunburned and talk about ice cream overload. That was really the only thing I liked as far as the food was concerned. The highlight was the massage I got. :star: It was very expensive, but soooo worth it. Those cruises are expensive no matter how you slice it, my bill was over $500 when I got off the ship! Those 3 days cost me about $1200, I could have went somewhere else :(

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Welcome back JP! Glad you enjoyed the cruise. I went on my first cruise March 2006 to the Bahamas. When I got back home, I was in the shower and I felt like I was still rocking back and forth! It was an awesome cruise. I went with my 3 older sisters and every minute I wished Mohammed was there with me instead. Inshallah we can take a cruise sometime in the future. Next years vacation will be in Jordan. He has not seen 'home' in a long time.

I am in such a good mood today. We find out today if we get a house to rent. We have to move out of this one at the end of June (lease is up and this place is too big). If we get it, you will see me :dance: all over. The place we looked at has a washer/dryer already in place. The carpet is NEW! I sell carpet, so to move into a place with new frieze is perfect. What else, it has an electric garage door opener. Gotta love that. Ok, I will save some details for when we actually get it. :whistle:

Jackie

Timeline

Thanks Jackie! I feel like I have Vertigo right now :hehe: It's driving me nuts. I hope you get the house!!!!

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

We went today to get his SSN and they wouldnt do it till he's been in the country for 30 days ... not good cuz he needs to start working asap ... is that true ? It sucks that we have to wait 30 days does anyone know why ?

Then we went to go get his ID and they said they needed the I-94. What the heck is that ? They said he should have gotten it at the POE .. which he didnt. All he got at the POE was his Welcome to America letter and a paper about applying for his SSN.

He did however open a cell phone account with me on it. and we just have to add him to my bank account.

Please help me with this I-94 !!

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

I have no idea what that form is...all we needed was his visa and birth certificate to get his licenses...I believe he was here for 2 weeks when we got his state id and social security card...I hope you get that worked out.

amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

I would suggest posting about the SSN on the CR-1 forum, I don't know much about that visa and there's nothing in the SSN FAQ about the CR-1. I really don't think it's true that you have to wait 30 days though, you might want to go back another day and try to talk to somebody else.

The I-94 is a small piece of paper that they staple into your passport. Did he get one of those? If not, you might have to go back to the POE (or any POE) to get one. You could give the department of customs and border control a call to ask. They messed up Majid's information on his entry, and we had to go to a POE to get it fixed (but we went to a different one than where he flew into)

Hopefully there are some other CR-1 people here who can help you more...

Sharon

Hmm, I just found this about the I-94. Only NON-immigrant visa holders need it, which means you don't because you have an immigrant visa.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-102.htm

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We went today to get his SSN and they wouldnt do it till he's been in the country for 30 days ... not good cuz he needs to start working asap ... is that true ? It sucks that we have to wait 30 days does anyone know why ?

Then we went to go get his ID and they said they needed the I-94. What the heck is that ? They said he should have gotten it at the POE .. which he didnt. All he got at the POE was his Welcome to America letter and a paper about applying for his SSN.

He did however open a cell phone account with me on it. and we just have to add him to my bank account.

Please help me with this I-94 !!

Your husband may not be in the SAVE system yet. We were told to wait at least 2 weeks before going to SSA to get his card so that enough time has elapsed for the information to be uploaded to the SSA administration computers from DHS (POE).

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Thanks Angie and Andrea and Amal :) The 3 A's :P

I am in a bit of a dilemma now. I think I will be in a bidding war with another person over this house we want. Also another house just came one the market that look awesome but is on hold until May 31. Then today she shows us another house and it was an older victorian style house it was really cool, but you would have to put a lot of money into it.. So I am not sure what to do. Do I still bid the house i have until the day after memorial to do that or hold off and see the other house? Angie I might have to take you up on your offer :)

Angel

I will be more than happy to help you out any time let me know.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi everybody!

LB, That ss thing isn't about waiting to apply, its about making sure he hasn't already applied by selecting so on one of the DS230 parts. (apparently before they made that rule, lots of people got issued more than one ssn during that window they are not in the system).When H got here we had to "wait 30 days" but then his card showed up by then so to our surprise, they were right to tell us to wait...but I can tell you that I was pretty frustrated with SS until I realized that. Oh and I can also tell you that if you go to another SS location, they do know and will rudely tell you that location #1 told you to wait 30 days on xx-xx-xx and you have 29 more to go. Waiting sucks but it goes fast PLUS...he can work. He cant get paid, but his stamp serves as auth to accept a job and begin work. An employer needs to pay up when his number comes in so that could be kind of a nice buildup if he has something lined up already. Hope this makes you feel better.

Later

Dawn

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: Timeline

Yallahhhhhh how is everyone? This thread is getting tooooo quiet, time to shake things up! So everybody that reads this- check in and say hi! It would be fun to meet up in the chat room soon too!

Jackie

(to those reunited-----enjoy every moment)

(to those apart --------may your separation be brief)

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

evenin ladies. its another sizziling day here in Lebanon, i have no energy and just feel like sleeeeeeeeeeeping lol. its 630pm already and g works til 11 so i got some free time, but already took a nap, guess ill go hop in the shower and try to cool off......ughhhh i hate summer!!!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Ok all, I am very excited as I just got my confirmation and my itinerary for my trip to meet and marry Hasan, my future husband. I will be arriving in Amman Jordan July 20th at 5 pm. I went through Jordan Travel it is based out of New York and I got a very good deal. It was about $300 cheaper then anywhere else I could find. Thought I would share since I know that alot of us on this site are traveling to the ME and any savings are great. I fly into New York and then on the Amman. I am so happy that I will leave for then USA and into Jordan direct without going into other countries.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Timeline
Ok all, I am very excited as I just got my confirmation and my itinerary for my trip to meet and marry Hasan, my future husband. I will be arriving in Amman Jordan July 20th at 5 pm. I went through Jordan Travel it is based out of New York and I got a very good deal. It was about $300 cheaper then anywhere else I could find. Thought I would share since I know that alot of us on this site are traveling to the ME and any savings are great. I fly into New York and then on the Amman. I am so happy that I will leave for then USA and into Jordan direct without going into other countries.

This is the same flight I took when I went to Jordan last year. I love the timing of it because you arrive at 5pm into Amman, so the next day I had no jet lag whatsoever. :thumbs:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

woo hoo angie :)

I can remember my first trip to Jordan. Flew out of Denver to Frankfurt to Amman. I was so scared of getting lost in the airports that flying over the united states and over the atlantic ocean and over europe and on to the middle east didn't scare me. It didn't even register until i came home that I actually flew in the air that long then I was like holy sh*t I just flew across the world. :) I remember laying in my room awake because of the time difference when suddenly I heard call to prayer. I will never forget that memory.

Hope you have a nice trip if you need any suggestions on what to bring or where to go. Ask us Jordan Gals!

Angel

ok back to work

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.