hitchoo

US embassy in egypt, and packet 3

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Al salm alekom again!

as i dont get any more responses in my old topic , i made that new topic to enquire into some issue i realy dont know about it says a newbie next to my name so please guys be patient and dont let my questions bother you so up to all comments are responses i got from all my friend in my old post i knew alot but i still need to ask more question according to their answers!!

1- my wife applies for I-130 and its approved already but i see all have aplied another petition that is I129f, shall we apply this one too?

2-a friend issued that i need to call the US embassy in egypt to ask for the packet 3 or about my case through the approval number and i have called them before but it all was recorded messages no one anser you personality, so may anyone give me a direct number to get a hold of anyone there please.

3- i need to know some of shortcuts you use here that i cant understand when i follow your posts such ..CR1 and if my petition I-130 has any common shorcut?

finalyy thank you very much and i hope best luck for all couples who are waiting on these issues to be setlled so they be together againn inshallah, salam

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

When was the I130 approved? Did the file get sent from the USCIS to the National Visa Center (NVC)? Has the case already gone through NVC processing? If so, then once the case is complete, the NVC will schedule an interview for you. If your I130 was just recently approved, then it'll be transferred to the NVC for processing and within the next few weeks you will be assigned a case number.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Timeline

yes the process has been through all of this, and they sent my wife the approval mail and stated that they will send for me, but till now i did not get any news , phone call or even mail which i think its packet 3

may you post the us embassy phone number so i can contact them to enquire if they have received anything and they cant reach my address , and thats my worry

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

walaykum salam again! :)

1- my wife applies for I-130 and its approved already but i see all have aplied another petition that is I129f, shall we apply this one too?

Not all have applied for the I129f, just some. Here's some pros and cons of each:

I-130 : (this is called the CR1 visa)

pros: you can get your greencard as soon as you arrive in the US. This means you don't have to wait before applying for and getting a job.

cons: Once the I-130 is approved it will have to stay at what is called the "NVC" for about 3 to 4 months. During that time both you and your spouse will have to submit more information and fees.

I-130 + I-129F: (this is called the K-3 visa)

pros: once your I129f is approved (you file this after filing the I130 btw), it goes to the "NVC" but only stays there for a few days normally and then goes directly to the US consulate in Cairo.

cons: you cannot work when you arrive in the US immediately. You will have to apply for what is called the "EAD" which could take anywhere from weeks to months to get.

basically the K-3 visa was invented to reunite the married couples quicker so that they can wait for the work permit together in the US instead of apart. So......you should talk to your wife about what is important to you. You might not care about being able to work right away but a lot of men, especially Egyptian men, have a very hard time with this. The CR1 takes a few more months but I think a lot of people who had to wait a long time for their EAD would have done it differently were they to do it over.

2-a friend issued that i need to call the US embassy in egypt to ask for the packet 3 or about my case through the approval number and i have called them before but it all was recorded messages no one anser you personality, so may anyone give me a direct number to get a hold of anyone there please.

I think the best way to contact them is via email. They used to answer questions via phone but they don't anymore. consularcairoiv@state.gov This is the email address and put your case number in the subject line. HOWEVER, if your case is still at the NVC then Cairo won't know anything about it.

3- i need to know some of shortcuts you use here that i cant understand when i follow your posts such ..CR1 and if my petition I-130 has any common shorcut?

I-130 is the petition one files in order to get the CR1 visa.

I-130 AND the I-129F are the two petitions that you file in order to get the K-3 visa.

NVC is the main center that the I130 and I129f petitions go through before they get to Cairo.

NOA1 is the notice your wife recieved stating that the service center received your petition.

NOA2 is the notice your wife received with your case number on it stating that your petition was approved.

There are service centers as well, for example CSC = California Service Center, VSC = Vermont Service Center. One of these is where your wife initially filed the I130. That is the place that approved your petition initially. Once approved the petition goes from the service center to the NVC.

AP/AR is a HOT topic as you know. :lol::lol: This stands for Administrative processing and Administrative Review. These are things that men from Cairo will go through after you have your interview. Normally when you get to that stage we say welcome to AP hell. :)

Packet 3 is something you get from Cairo that has information that you need to fill out and send back

Packet 4 is something you get from Cairo telling you the date and time of your interview

Duas are something you will need a lot of during this whole process. :thumbs:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

If your case has been completed with the NVC, then the NVC will schedule an appointment for you and your wife should be getting a letter in the mail indicating when that interview is. The embassy is also supposed to send you, the beneficiary, an interview letter, however, with Cairo, don't be surprised if you never receive the letter.

This will not be a packet 3 because you won't have to return any documents to the embassy. You have already submitted the visa application DS230 and its supporting documents to the NVC.

The letter will indicate that you need to schedule a medical appointment to do a checkup & get immunizations.......you will need to bring that report with you to the interview.

yes the process has been through all of this, and they sent my wife the approval mail and stated that they will send for me, but till now i did not get any news , phone call or even mail which i think its packet 3

may you post the us embassy phone number so i can contact them to enquire if they have received anything and they cant reach my address , and thats my worry

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Timeline

Allaaaaaaaah all of thiss, thank you bodyy i released from your post that till now we are wasting ourtime thinking the embassy will contact me within the few next days

and that we should apply these two petitions(I-130-I129) to get us together fast?

so according to the first I130 it will take us more than 6 months to be together again? :bonk:

Timeline

I am really confused....

What day was your I130 approved?

Allaaaaaaaah all of thiss, thank you bodyy i released from your post that till now we are wasting ourtime thinking the embassy will contact me within the few next days

and that we should apply these two petitions(I-130-I129) to get us together fast?

so according to the first I130 it will take us more than 6 months to be together again? :bonk:

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

Timeline

Is that Notice of action 1 or 2 for your I130?

almost since one month!!!

what does that mean????

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

Timeline

my brother im not really aware of everything but i know for sure my wife received that mail in seald envelope mail to state that the I-130 petition was approved..and i remember before this she received a notifaction that they received her petition and its runing now

i do need more informationnnn it seems i been here waiting something not in the hand

Timeline
my brother im not really aware of everything but i know for sure my wife received that mail in seald envelope mail to state that the I-130 petition was approved..and i remember before this she received a notifaction that they received her petition and its runing now

i do need more informationnnn it seems i been here waiting something not in the hand

well she's a sister for starters ;)

Anyways just by what you have told us so far I don't think your petition is done yet. It looks like you got the NOA2, which for the I130 doesn't mean it's all set it just means it passed the initial approval. I got my NOA2 for the I130 as well but I never went through all the steps that you go through at the NVC to see it through to the end since I filed the I129f right away.

Ask your wife if she knows about all of the steps it takes to truly complete the I130 petition. I think you have a bit more to go before you get the interview.

I think it might be a lot longer than 6 months unfortunately. Some wait that long after the interview and for some it could even be a year after the interview. You're not even at that stage yet.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

I think you need to read the guides more too.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides

They are very helpful and pretty easy to understand. If that doesn't work for you and your spouse though you might want to look into hiring an attorney to help.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

salam everybody happy friday

i informed my wife of what you adviced and we was planing before that she wil come to live with me here in Egypt soon inshallah and her question was

can we still go on in the visa process from Egypt

and she if she filed the i129f may this delay the process of the approved i130

thank you again for your attention my friends

Timeline
salam everybody happy friday

i informed my wife of what you adviced and we was planing before that she wil come to live with me here in Egypt soon inshallah and her question was

can we still go on in the visa process from Egypt

and she if she filed the i129f may this delay the process of the approved i130

thank you again for your attention my friends

If you file the I129f then the I130 will remain where it is and will not be processed. Instead you will file for your EAD when you get to the states. BUT..since she's going to live there anyways why not go for the I130. Sure it takes longer but 1)you'll be together while you wait, and 2) you can work right when you get to the US.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.