trailmix

So Canadians - tell us about yourselves

128 posts in this topic

I can't tell if you have a beautiful heart, but if you post a few snapshots from your last echocardiogram.. :)

Mumsie neglects to mention that she is our resident comedian. :lol:

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I can't tell if you have a beautiful heart, but if you post a few snapshots from your last echocardiogram.. :)

Mumsie neglects to mention that she is our resident comedian. :lol:

:lol: Nini & Bee, why didn't you tell me I'm female. :D I could have saved a bundle on athletic cups. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
:) Hi everyone...I'm new to VJ. I met my fiance in a chatroom 2 yrs ago. We met October 2006 but were very cautious about making a commitment at that time. Once I got home, we realized that we loved each other and wanted to be together. Before making that commitment, we felt that the kids needed to meet and we all needed to spend time together. So in March, my daughter and I went to spend a month with Larry and his sons. We all found we can live together which is really good. On the Thursday before Easter, Larry proposed and I accepted. Before I left to come back to Cochrane, we had the I-129F application filled out and ready to be sent in.

We have been approved and I am now waiting for the paperwork to go from NVC to the consulate.

I have been reading here on VJ that Montreal is slow. How slow is slow? I would love to be able to start my new life with my new hubby for the new year. Anyone think that is possible?

Oh ya - my id. Well, when I started in chat I had ppl tell me I had a beautiful heart. So bheart came to be, but many have shortened it to BH. My real name is Kelly.

Welcome to VJ kelly, glad you made hun and decided to register as a member of visajourney.

Guys, Kelly is a friend of mine from Yahoo chat, i've known her for quite some time, her and her fiance were going through the process on their own so i suggested VJ to them, i hope you will make her feel welcome! and help her out if she needs some help! :D

Separated!!

Timeline
:) Hi everyone...I'm new to VJ. I met my fiance in a chatroom 2 yrs ago. We met October 2006 but were very cautious about making a commitment at that time. Once I got home, we realized that we loved each other and wanted to be together. Before making that commitment, we felt that the kids needed to meet and we all needed to spend time together. So in March, my daughter and I went to spend a month with Larry and his sons. We all found we can live together which is really good. On the Thursday before Easter, Larry proposed and I accepted. Before I left to come back to Cochrane, we had the I-129F application filled out and ready to be sent in.

We have been approved and I am now waiting for the paperwork to go from NVC to the consulate.

I have been reading here on VJ that Montreal is slow. How slow is slow? I would love to be able to start my new life with my new hubby for the new year. Anyone think that is possible?

Oh ya - my id. Well, when I started in chat I had ppl tell me I had a beautiful heart. So bheart came to be, but many have shortened it to BH. My real name is Kelly.

Welcome to VJ kelly, glad you made hun and decided to register as a member of visajourney.

Guys, Kelly is a friend of mine from Yahoo chat, i've known her for quite some time, her and her fiance were going through the process on their own so i suggested VJ to them, i hope you will make her feel welcome! and help her out if she needs some help! :D

I'll try to behave myself. :innocent:

IR5

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'll try to behave myself. :innocent:

hehehe Kelly has a good sense of humor, tis fine, you don't have to behave :whistle:

Separated!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
good.. cuz there really wasn't any hope

Oh and BH, don't forget to check out Liz's timeline to interview spreadsheet - there is a link in her signature to the K visa wait list for Montreal.

Our story is along the same as quite a few here.

I am the USC and my dear hubbie is Canadian. My husband is originally from B.C. but had moved to Ontario to pursue some opportunities, and I am from Illinois.

We met playing an online game called Everquest. We had known of each other for about a year or so, but we both had been other relationships,so when we did play together, it was very formal.

In October of 2004 we had been chatting one night, chatting so well that he ended up missing his bus to work. Poor hubbie had to hoof it to work :unsure: The next night he asked if we could start talking outside of the game. Since I had known him for some time,I did not mind going out of game to talk. After talking for about two weeks solid, my computer decided to die on me :crying: I had left a message on one of the boards we visited letting him know I didnt know how soon I would be back. Needless to say, I did all I could not to be gone to long.

We ended up meeting in person in November 2004. We ended up leaving Everquest, and we both moved the game, World of Warcraft. We spent our free time together playing WoW, Pogo, or just chatting on the headset.

I drove to Canada and spent two weeks with him in December of 2004. On the way home (was a HUGE snowstorm) my cell provider died out on me. Took me several extra hours to get home, and by the time I got home, I was so exhausted that I just crawled into bed. The next morning he called frantic on the phone. He said, "did you listen to your voice mail?" and I said, "nope, was to exhausted, just went to bed." He then said, "well......I said something I have never said before....." so of course that had me curious. Listening to his voice mail made me cry. It was then that we realized we had found our soulmates. We were married in Feb 2005.

When looking at who was going to immigrate where, it was pretty obvious in the given time frames, that I would be moving to Canada. It is kind of odd though, my immigration from beginning to end took 3 months, and hubbies immigration took 3 months 2 weeks, from beginning to end. Kind of funny eh?

My name stems from the night we started looking at getting his immigration packet started. Canada as a whole has been a unique experience for me, but as the saying goes, theres no place like home. No matter how hard I tried to make Canada a home, just wasn't the same. ( I am not trying to put Canada/Canadians down, as I am sure some of you will understand where I come from.) And surprisingly, it was his idea to move back the States!

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Timeline:

02-26-05 Married

09-05-05 Permanent Resident of Canada

06-18-07 Mailed in husbands I-130 to US Consulate in Toronto

06-20-07 US Consulate in Toronto recieves I-130 packet via Expresspost packet

07-12-07 Call from Toronto Consulate, advised to call to confirm or make an appointment.

07-13-07 Called and spoke with Toronto Consulate, set appointment for 07-17-07

07-17-07 Interview at Consulate,APPROVED

08-07-07 Packet 3 arrived!!

08-20-07 Mailed DS-230 and Checklist to Montreal

08-21-07 Montreal received DS-230 and Checklist

09-04-07 Packet 4 from Montreal arrives !!

09-06-07 Medical scheduled for 09-19-07

09-19-07 Hubbie has medical, all went well, results to be mailed on 09-21-07

09-25-07 Pick up medical from fed-ex

10-05-07 Interview.........APPROVED !!!!

10-10-07 Recieved passport with Visa inside (all done for a few months)

11-08-07 Hubbie activated visa at Queenston/Lewis POE

12-19-07 Husband finally back home in Illinios, used Sarnia POE

Our Immigration approval took 3months, 2 weeks, and 5 days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

wow, nice to see DCF actually work they way it was suppose to.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I met my fiancee on World of Warcraft too! I was actually introduced to the game by an ex at the time. It's funny and I say it all the time, but I can't believe I met him on an online video game! I am NOT a gamer in any way, shape, or form! I'm so glad that I decided to do it though! I met him in October 2006 and for the last year we've been visiting each other pretty much every month. Meeting him in person was the best Christmas present I got last year!

For us, we said I love you before we even met in person. Both of us just knew that we'd met the person we'd spend the rest of our lives with! Having been married and divorced I never thought I'd meet anyone else! The other funny thing is that I never thought I'd even visit the US let alone move there! I'm super excited to be moving though. As you can probably tell, he's the USC and I'm the Canadian!

My username is a bit of a funny thing actually. Both of our first names start with A and one day he was joking around about it and laughingly called us The A Team! I couldn't help myself. One thing I've known from the beginning of our relationship is that we are definitely a team, whether together or apart!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline
I met my fiancee on World of Warcraft too! I was actually introduced to the game by an ex at the time. It's funny and I say it all the time, but I can't believe I met him on an online video game! I am NOT a gamer in any way, shape, or form! I'm so glad that I decided to do it though! I met him in October 2006 and for the last year we've been visiting each other pretty much every month. Meeting him in person was the best Christmas present I got last year!

For us, we said I love you before we even met in person. Both of us just knew that we'd met the person we'd spend the rest of our lives with! Having been married and divorced I never thought I'd meet anyone else! The other funny thing is that I never thought I'd even visit the US let alone move there! I'm super excited to be moving though. As you can probably tell, he's the USC and I'm the Canadian!

My username is a bit of a funny thing actually. Both of our first names start with A and one day he was joking around about it and laughingly called us The A Team! I couldn't help myself. One thing I've known from the beginning of our relationship is that we are definitely a team, whether together or apart!

Great story, but which one of you has the mohawk and gold chains? :)

IR5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That would be neither of us! ~giggles~ I don't think I've ever seen a redhead with a mohawk before! :D

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Well maybe I should start a Peanut Butter thread! :P

In closing... I'd just like to leave with this one thought/question: My fiancee and I end up arguing far more often when we're apart (such as when we're using Instant Messengers or talking on the phone) versus when we're together in person. When we're physically together, we rarely disagree or have any serious issues. I was just wondering if things work out this way for anyone else here and if anyone has any idea why it might be this way? :huh:

OMG the dreaded webcam......all the things we said to each other when we were apart. Everytime we would see each other we would apologize in advance for all the stupid things we would say in the following weeks. We had so much anger built up just because we were missing each other and that process was taking forever, but unfortunately we would release it on each other. We even questionned our relationship many times. But in the end it was never what we really wanted. All we wanted was to be together and hold each other. Except my adjusting period and the stress that came with it, life is beautiful since we are together :)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

pls don't be doing anything different cause I'm a newbie....i've been around Maria for a while... :whistle:

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.