Lou Lou

Any geeks out there?

7 posts in this topic

I wonder if someone can help my OH solve a very delicate union problem that has been thrust upon him...

A person at a company is using a Mac in a situation where most people are using PC’s (an apostrophe is used when making a plural of an abbreviation :yes: ....an inside joke). The IT people don’t seem to understand Macs at all and haven’t tried to solve this problem. Can someone help? There are two related issues:

1. When someone connects a flash memory card (from a camera) to the computer, iPhoto opens automatically, and all the images from the memory card are automatically uploaded to the computer's hard drive. Is there a way to reconfigure iPhoto so it only uploads images upon request?

2. In selecting a scratch drive, iPhoto has been using a network drive, with the consequence that the person’s images are automatically uploaded to the network drive as well as the local hard drive. Is there a way of specifying a different scratch drive—preferably the local hard drive? The IT department says no.

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

geeks galore on vj ...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

I know...here's hoping. ;):whistle:

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

I know...here's hoping. ;):whistle:

just wait..there be many responses..folks here have helped me out allot...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

When you plug a camera or memory, you will get a question what to do with it, so if to open iPhoto, ignore, open Aperture, some Adobe program, Image Capture etc. The pictures shouldn't usually be transferred automatically.

Go to System Preferences > CDs&DVDs, and for picture CD select ignore.

Then open Image Capture (in Applications folder) and go to its preferences (command-,), and select "no application", and in sharing tab deselect everything.

After quitting those applications now the devices should be able to be selected manually.

iPhoto's preferences probably have some settings too in relation to this. Open iPhoto and go to its preferences and have a look. I don't have that application installed any longer on mine since I prefer Aperture.

USAn Suomalaisten Foorumi <-- online place for the Finnish in US

Blog

938 days to get K-3.

AOS approved on day 1304.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
When you plug a camera or memory, you will get a question what to do with it, so if to open iPhoto, ignore, open Aperture, some Adobe program, Image Capture etc. The pictures shouldn't usually be transferred automatically.

Go to System Preferences > CDs&DVDs, and for picture CD select ignore.

Then open Image Capture (in Applications folder) and go to its preferences (command-,), and select "no application", and in sharing tab deselect everything.

After quitting those applications now the devices should be able to be selected manually.

iPhoto's preferences probably have some settings too in relation to this. Open iPhoto and go to its preferences and have a look. I don't have that application installed any longer on mine since I prefer Aperture.

That helped me out too! I've been using mac for 4 years and everytime I want to download my pics, the Iphoto opens and downloads all of them :wacko:

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Thanks for the info so far, folks. Any networking people know the answer to #2? :unsure: