dillydally

for all those in AP/AR in Egypt...

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
i'm a US citizen, born and raised in the US...but i also have an egyptian passport..my husband is egyptian, we're both muslim...never been married, obviously no children...um...he's 8 years older than me...alhamdulillah, we began our paperwork in march 2007 and everything was reviewed and approved by november 2007..now, we're waiting on the interview date :( this is hard!! :crying:

good luck everyone!!!

Sounds a bit like my case... never been married before, 8 yrs difference (he's older), both muslim, started paperwork march 2007 and we just had the interview... take heart, CR-1 takes a little longer than K-1, but inshalla you will have the interview date soon.

(F)(L)(F)

wow..mashaa Allah...so you did the fiancee visa...how long does that take? i wish i knew about that before!!!! i did this all on my own...btw, im 19 years old..haha...so this was really veryyyy tough!! would it make sense to file for the fiance visa now?? or would it take the same amount of time??

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: Timeline

Here are my stats and red flags...

Me-previously married, two children, 33 yrs old, Muslim (converted 13 yrs ago), speaks/understands limited Arabic...

Him-never married, no children, 29 yrs old, Muslim, speaks/reads/writes English well, only boy so no military...

Us-met online 15 months before we met in person, married my first visit, two visits to his country, I met and stayed with his family both visits and they agree with our marriage (not that it prolly *really* matters to the CO)

Our process took 13 mos. start to finish. AP and security checks took a bit over four months. We filed for a K3.

As one of the previous posters stated...CR1 definitely takes longer than K1.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
i'm a US citizen, born and raised in the US...but i also have an egyptian passport..my husband is egyptian, we're both muslim...never been married, obviously no children...um...he's 8 years older than me...alhamdulillah, we began our paperwork in march 2007 and everything was reviewed and approved by november 2007..now, we're waiting on the interview date :( this is hard!! :crying:

good luck everyone!!!

Sounds a bit like my case... never been married before, 8 yrs difference (he's older), both muslim, started paperwork march 2007 and we just had the interview... take heart, CR-1 takes a little longer than K-1, but inshalla you will have the interview date soon.

(F)(L)(F)

wow..mashaa Allah...so you did the fiancee visa...how long does that take? i wish i knew about that before!!!! i did this all on my own...btw, im 19 years old..haha...so this was really veryyyy tough!! would it make sense to file for the fiance visa now?? or would it take the same amount of time??

If you are already married, you are not eligible for a fiance visa.

A fiance visa generally goes faster through the NVC than a CR-1 because it's just a temporary visa. With a fiance visa, you still have to apply for an adjustment of status and green card when he gets here. With a CR-1 visa, you are pretty much done until removal of conditions after he gets here.

I didn't do a CR-1 so I'm not an expert.... but from what I've read here on the forum, most people also send in a I-129F (application for K-3) after the approval of the CR-1. The I-129F is the same one used for the fiance visa, but can be used when you aren't living in your husband's country? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. You might want to look into that...

wow..mashaa Allah...so you did the fiancee visa...how long does that take? i wish i knew about that before!!!! i did this all on my own...btw, im 19 years old..haha...so this was really veryyyy tough!! would it make

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

good luck everyone!!!

(F)(L)(F)

A fiance visa generally goes faster through the NVC than a CR-1 because it's just a temporary visa. With a fiance visa, you still have to apply for an adjustment of status and green card when he gets here. With a CR-1 visa, you are pretty much done until removal of conditions after he gets here.

I didn't do a CR-1 so I'm not an expert.... but from what I've read here on the forum, most people also send in a I-129F (application for K-3) after the approval of the CR-1. The I-129F is the same one used for the fiance visa, but can be used when you aren't living in your husband's country? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. You might want to look into that...

wow..mashaa Allah...so you did the fiancee visa...how long does that take? i wish i knew about that before!!!! i did this all on my own...btw, im 19 years old..haha...so this was really veryyyy tough!! would it make

thankss!! i think i'll just wait it out... :unsure:

maybe i'll visit after my next semester...i'll work something out...this sucks!! :(

thanks again!! good luck everyone!!!!!!!

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

good luck everyone!!!

(F)(L)(F)

thankss!! i think i'll just wait it out... :unsure:

maybe i'll visit after my next semester...i'll work something out...this sucks!! :(

thanks again!! good luck everyone!!!!!!!

There's no need to worry already about AP. Plenty of time for that when it happens. There's really no rhyme or reason as far as I can see to who gets it or who doesn't. Some that get the visa quickly are obvious in that the beneficiary was already in the US before or they have traveled outside of Egypt to other countries where it's hard to get a visa but others I have no clue. Just enjoy each day one day at a time for now since who knows you could be one of the lucky ones!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.