jatin

K3 visa but now wife wants sepration..

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi dear Vj friends...

ultimately got the k3visa...

but my wife doesnt want to stay with me.after i am here she says she wants to get seprated..

i am just crying & crying..isnt she shall told me this before

what shall ido ...i have k3 visa....how can i continue to stay after k3 visa expires.

please help me what shall ido now..i am just crying day & night.

If she help me with AOS how much will it require?

after getting green card will i have to depend on her

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
hi dear Vj friends...

but my wife doesnt want to stay with me.after i am here she says she wants to get seprated..

what shall ido ...i have k3 visa....how can i continue to stay after k3 visa expires.

I'm sorry for your heartache but in order to adjust your status, you'll need her full cooperation. If you are no longer living together and your marriage relationship is no longer bona fide, you will have no basis for adjusting status. You can't even file to do so without an I-864 from her.

Your question begs the question, "Did you get the visa and come to the USA to be with your wife or because you wanted to live in the USA?" You should know that USCIS expects your reason was the one you both stated on your paperwork and you stated at your interview, that the reason for the petition and visa application was to reunite a married couple. If that purpose is no longer valid, you no longer have basis to remain in the US.

Now, if staying married is your goal, then perhaps seeking assistance to save your marriage would be a more practical use of your energies.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

yeah #######... you sound a lot more worried about staying in the US than trying to save your marriage!

dd/mmm/aaaa

05/jun/2007 - Got married

I-130

08/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet sent to NSC

09/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet received

19/sep/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

25/sep/2007 - NOA1 arrived

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on March 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-130 was approved in 258 days.

I-129F

09/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet sent to CSC

10/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet received

12/oct/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

20/oct/2007 - NOA1 received

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on April 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-129f was approved in 197 days.

NVC

08/may/2008 - replied to my e-mail sent on april 30, saying that our petition has been sent to the consulate.

Consulate

20/JUN/2008 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS

18/mar/2009 - Packet delivered

24/mar/2009 - NOA for AOS and EAD date

25/mar/2009 - Check cashed

15/apr/2009 - Biometrics done

22/may/2009 - EAD approved

yeah #######... you sound a lot more worried about staying in the US than trying to save your marriage!

:thumbs: agree

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
hi dear Vj friends...

I'm sorry for your heartache but in order to adjust your status, you'll need her full cooperation. If you are no longer living together and your marriage relationship is no longer bona fide, you will have no basis for adjusting status. You can't even file to do so without an I-864 from her.

Your question begs the question, "Did you get the visa and come to the USA to be with your wife or because you wanted to live in the USA?" You should know that USCIS expects your reason was the one you both stated on your paperwork and you stated at your interview, that the reason for the petition and visa application was to reunite a married couple. If that purpose is no longer valid, you no longer have basis to remain in the US.

Now, if staying married is your goal, then perhaps seeking assistance to save your marriage would be a more practical use of your energies.

I agree with you pushbrk. I also have doubts about whether this marriage is just about getting to United States. If I was in this situation, I would worry more about saving the "marriage" rather than trying to figure out a way to live in United States. Marriage is the reason that K3 was issued in the first place. So if the marriage dissolves, their is basis to go ahead with AOS.

FORM I-130 PROCESS

Jan. 15, 2007 - Got married in India

Feb. 02, 2007 - Sent Form I-130 via Certified mail

Feb. 05, 2007 - NSC Receives Form I-130

Feb 07, 2007 - NOA-1

Mar. 15, 2007 - Touched

April. 11, 2007 - Touched

April 17, 2007- Approved!!

May 01, 2007- Touched

NVC Processing of I-130

April 27, 2007- Received by NVC

May 14, 2007- IV Bill and AOS fee bill Generated

May 22, 2007- Sent AOS fee bill

May 27, 2007- Received AOS fee bill in mail

June 11, 2007- Received I-864 package in mail

June 14, 2007- Still no IV bill. Called NVC so that they can resend it.

June 18, 2007- Sent completed I-864 package

June 22, 2007- Still no IV bill

June 25, 2007- Finally Received and Paid the IV bill!!

August 05, 2007- Sent DS-230

August 21, 2007- Case Completed at NVC

August 27, 2007- Case Forwarded to Embassy

October 15, 2007- Interview!! Visa approved!!

October 18, 2007- Visa in hand

October 27, 2007- US arrival!!

Filed: Timeline

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU , IT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO TRY AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS WOULD BE IN AMERICA IF YOU ARE NOT LIVING WITH HER ANYMORE BUT I BET THINKING ABOUT PAPERWORK AGAIN AFTER GOING THROUGH ALL THE WAITING A K-3 VISA WAS NOT ON YOUR PLANS .

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT IF TRYING TO FIX THINGS IS AN OPTION GIVE IT A SHOT .

GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING OK :thumbs:

The journey is over we are divorced now.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think the only advice we can give you is try to work things out with your wife

Why does she want to separate? Does she just want some time apart, or does she want immediate divorce?

May 31 2007 I-130 - NOA1, pending at California Service Center

October 31 2007 APPROVED

June 13 2007 I-129 - NOA1, pending at California Service Center

October 31 2007 APPROVED

655376001193815188.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.