allousa

It's Friday!

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thanks for the support everybody! You guys are awesome! :)

I just hope it's real soon. I really want Hicham here before our son turns 2. We just miss each other so much. It's been a year since we've seen each other and I had planned to go again this November, but with the decision coming so soon, we have to save the money for tickets for when he comes home. Our attorney suggested that I fly with him when he comes back into the U.S. Just for safe measure. And I know that Hicham would be more at ease if I were with him.

Sparrow - about having kids, I think most parents here would agree with me that no matter how much you plan, you won't EVER be ready. It's the HARDEST thing that I've ever done in my life, but the GREATEST all at the same time. All you can do is fasten your seat belt and get prepared for a wild ride!!!! :lol:

I really wish you and Ramy all the best and I'm excited for your upcoming wedding. :)

How is your grandmother doing?

DOODLE - how are you today? I don't know how much your pity party helped. Not going to go there! :lol:

I think it was a silly rumor too and I think the next update will have your case as being done. I can feel it!!!!!!

I'm doing better thanks. Wow a year without seeing him? last night Usama asked if I can come again in December. :( I hated to tell him no but there just isn't any money in the pot for that if we're going to be able to afford to fly him here AND get the tubal reversal done. He was so down and out about it all. I think it has to do with it being Ramadan and remembering his dad dying last year too. It's weird how when I'm down he's up and vice versa. I almost wish I hadn't gone in July now so that i could actually go in December.

Sippin' a triple grande caramel macchiato but i'm ticked 'cause there was no foam in it. what's up with THAT?????? Workin' from home today. Gotta pick the little one up from school later and bring her to her sister's field hockey game and then their dad will pick them up for the weekend from there so it's a kid-free weekend for me to do with what I wish!! I'll be going to a sister's group at my local mosque tomorrow and then off to the fabric store to make my patriots and red sox hijabs. :)

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a nasty rumor that they are only working on May applications right now and since they did not log ours in until August 1st (it was sent from Casa June 14th, go figure), we may be in for a four month wait. #######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If that is the case, then that will definitely push us to the 4 year mark. Sometimes I wonder if they are really trying to drive us insane.

Don't worry about this. Every government agency has a window of time that is used to meet "efficiently" standards. It doesnt mean they are only working on petitions from 5 months ago. I think it means the normal maximum time would be applications from May.

I'm assuming this from looking at USCIS timelines and other agencies that service public applications. I imagine the state department follows similar guildlines. Im trying to positive this morning...not sure if its working. ;)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I've heard a nasty rumor that they are only working on May applications right now and since they did not log ours in until August 1st (it was sent from Casa June 14th, go figure), we may be in for a four month wait. #######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If that is the case, then that will definitely push us to the 4 year mark. Sometimes I wonder if they are really trying to drive us insane.

Don't worry about this. Every government agency has a window of time that is used to meet "efficiently" standards. It doesnt mean they are only working on petitions from 5 months ago. I think it means the normal maximum time would be applications from May.

I'm assuming this from looking at USCIS timelines and other agencies that service public applications. I imagine the state department follows similar guildlines. Im trying to positive this morning...not sure if its working. ;)

Your optimism is appreciated...really, it is. :)

Through all of this, the one thing that I have learned is that the timelines are never for certain. With our case, it has seemed to take longer... :angry:

BUT....we've finally made it to the end, which I have to be glad about that. It seemed like we would never get to this point. It's just been so hard because I'm usually planning a trip for November to see him. GOD...I miss him!!!! :crying:

The list won't be updated again until October 19th...so....I'll just have to keep plugging along.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Well I'm screwed. I just now (3 months into being single) realized that my monthly expenses are equal to what I bring home :blink:

If any month I don't get a commission check, I am in the red. grrrrrr Time to ask for my dowry ;) Was that one gold lira or a goat?

Jackie (F)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well I'm screwed. I just now (3 months into being single) realized that my monthly expenses are equal to what I bring home :blink:

If any month I don't get a commission check, I am in the red. grrrrrr Time to ask for my dowry ;) Was that one gold lira or a goat?

Jackie (F)

Well can you trade the goat in for the cow that goes on top of our roof????? That way you can sell the milk that Amal gets along with the veggies the fertilizer will help grow! :thumbs:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jackie (F)

Jackie do you rent or own your house? Maybe you could find a nice appartment or smaller house to help save money.

Filed: Timeline

Rent, and it is already small. To pay less in rent would put me in a not safe area. I don't want to live in an apartment with annoying neighbors. :crying:

So, I have come up with some thoughts. Second job. I could work weekend nights somewhere. I could move in a roomate. (last thing in the world I want) I could .........hmm....any suggetions? I can defer 2 car payments, that will help for the moment. I am just freakin out because I did not ship enough this month to get a commission check in October. I can cancel cable, I don't watch tv much. (dont' touch my internet ;) ) I just got a new WAMU credit card for $1500. That will help with something. I so did not see this coming. I hate being the adult.

Jackie

I carry 4 sacks

Edited by just_Jackie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

first to go for me was cable/or dish, newspaper everyday, change all phones to cheapest services, consolidate cards to lower interest, i changed degrees of car and house insurances to make payments lower, no shopping, etc watch food buying, hope you win the lottery (if enought to get the ticket) ha its no fun for sure

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Rent, and it is already small. To pay less in rent would put me in a not safe area. I don't want to live in an apartment with annoying neighbors. :crying:

So, I have come up with some thoughts. Second job. I could work weekend nights somewhere. I could move in a roomate. (last thing in the world I want) I could .........hmm....any suggetions? I can defer 2 car payments, that will help for the moment. I am just freakin out because I did not ship enough this month to get a commission check in October. I can cancel cable, I don't watch tv much. (dont' touch my internet ;) ) I just got a new WAMU credit card for $1500. That will help with something. I so did not see this coming. I hate being the adult.

Jackie

I carry 4 sacks

If you don't watch too much TV then you should probably cancel your service. What else? Do you have a landline phone and a cell phone? If so then you could just use your cell phone. You could do a roomate to make some extra money and it might be nice to have someone you like in the house with you.

Timeline
Thanks for the support everybody! You guys are awesome! :)

I just hope it's real soon. I really want Hicham here before our son turns 2. We just miss each other so much. It's been a year since we've seen each other and I had planned to go again this November, but with the decision coming so soon, we have to save the money for tickets for when he comes home. Our attorney suggested that I fly with him when he comes back into the U.S. Just for safe measure. And I know that Hicham would be more at ease if I were with him.

Sparrow - about having kids, I think most parents here would agree with me that no matter how much you plan, you won't EVER be ready. It's the HARDEST thing that I've ever done in my life, but the GREATEST all at the same time. All you can do is fasten your seat belt and get prepared for a wild ride!!!! :lol:

I really wish you and Ramy all the best and I'm excited for your upcoming wedding. :)

How is your grandmother doing?

DOODLE - how are you today? I don't know how much your pity party helped. Not going to go there! :lol:

I think it was a silly rumor too and I think the next update will have your case as being done. I can feel it!!!!!!

I'm doing better thanks. Wow a year without seeing him? last night Usama asked if I can come again in December. :( I hated to tell him no but there just isn't any money in the pot for that if we're going to be able to afford to fly him here AND get the tubal reversal done. He was so down and out about it all. I think it has to do with it being Ramadan and remembering his dad dying last year too. It's weird how when I'm down he's up and vice versa. I almost wish I hadn't gone in July now so that i could actually go in December.

Sippin' a triple grande caramel macchiato but i'm ticked 'cause there was no foam in it. what's up with THAT?????? Workin' from home today. Gotta pick the little one up from school later and bring her to her sister's field hockey game and then their dad will pick them up for the weekend from there so it's a kid-free weekend for me to do with what I wish!! I'll be going to a sister's group at my local mosque tomorrow and then off to the fabric store to make my patriots and red sox hijabs. :)

I would LUV to see a pic of the Red Sox hijab.....but not the Patriots....no offense...hee hee!!!!! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Allousa Im sooooo sorry , I hope sooo much the tide turns in your favor and soon, They always exagerate on the time lines so maybe thats the case in Rome too.

My puppy continues to improve she almost attemted to jump on the bed today :thumbs: good sign. Still scared though this is just a calm in the storm and the nasty syptoms may return as of yet it's all a mystery.....

No word from Cairo ...suprise suprise... since my dog got sick worrying about the visa has disappeared and its felt great....

Have a great weekend everybody

Sparrow hows your grandma, whens her next surgery?

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Timeline

Jackie

I carry 4 sacks

If you don't watch too much TV then you should probably cancel your service. What else? Do you have a landline phone and a cell phone? If so then you could just use your cell phone. You could do a roomate to make some extra money and it might be nice to have someone you like in the house with you.

Dropping the land line is an excellent idea. This is what I've done and that's an easy 40-50 bucks right there! Cancelling cable is a hard one, but if you don't think you'll use either, then perhaps you could do that. I've also tried to buy store brand items while shopping at the grocery and trying to buy things that are on special that I can make a couple of extra meals out of so I could bring 'em for lunch.

I have started to bring my lunch to work everyday and that has saved me almost $60-70 bucks a week. I work in an upscale part of town and lunch is an easy $8-$10.

I'm with you on the room mate thing. I LIKE my own space...so that would definitely be a last resort.

Seems like the price of everything is going up....except our wages! Sorry to hear about this Jackie. I'd definitely be cashing in on the dowry. :)

Hi Allousa Im sooooo sorry , I hope sooo much the tide turns in your favor and soon, They always exagerate on the time lines so maybe thats the case in Rome too.

My puppy continues to improve she almost attemted to jump on the bed today :thumbs: good sign. Still scared though this is just a calm in the storm and the nasty syptoms may return as of yet it's all a mystery.....

No word from Cairo ...suprise suprise... since my dog got sick worrying about the visa has disappeared and its felt great....

Have a great weekend everybody

Sparrow hows your grandma, whens her next surgery?

What's going on with your pup? Keeping my fingers crossed for you as well! YALLA CAIRO!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Jackie I've done the roomate thing and OMG I have been able to make a dent in my debt. If you find the right person and have an extra room this really could take the pressure off. I know it's so hard when you just have no wiggle room and it feels you work so hard just to be broke. I love the dowry comment, made me smile

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.