mRx

Mistake costs illegal immigrant dishwasher $59,000

412 posts in this topic

i do not think they are "unwilling " to learn english..but their enviroment and home life..revolves around spanish..and maybe, you are gifted

Nah I don't think its about being gifted, If I was then I wouldn't have been the last one in my class in High school when it was very simple for everybody else.

But if you want to go to the USA, I don't get what is the deal about staying around spanish stuff only. Ain't the USA main languague English or is it Spanish and English by the law?

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do not think they are "unwilling " to learn english..but their enviroment and home life..revolves around spanish..and maybe, you are gifted

Nah I don't think its about being gifted, If I was then I wouldn't have been the last one in my class in High school when it was very simple for everybody else.

But if you want to go to the USA, I don't get what is the deal about staying around spanish stuff only. Ain't the USA main languague English or is it Spanish and English by the law?

no law regarding English in America..and i think your point is valid...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Being an immigrant here, although legally, and never ever having thought of being an illegal in this country, it sort of shocked me and saddened me to see all the hatred toward an immigrant, even if he's illegal. Especially on VJ where most know the reality of foreign countries and have spouses that might have experienced this harsh reality.

The reason there are so many illegals in US is the fact that there are jobs than americans won't do, jobs that pay $5.50 an hour and that not even a teen would do anymore. I think americans should blame he employers for hiring illegals, blame the government who most of the time know exactly where the illegals are but won't do anything about it. The truth is, and that's my guess, US needs these type of workers, 'cus if the minimum wage was, say, $11.00 an hour and americans were doing those type of jobs, everything would cost more, and americans would complain about the cost of life, or else companies wouldn't have their factories in third world countries.

Now, I might pity the guy, who seemed very innocent in his assumption of going home with his hard earned money, illegaly earned or not, someone hired him and paid him, and he worked for that money. I'd think the solution would be to deport him since he's indeed been illegal for 11 years, give him a permanent ban, tax him, and if he has any money left, send him home with it, but I disagree with all of the people here who said he shouldn't be given any money 'cus he earned it illegaly, 'cus in that case his employer should pay for having hired him as well.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

Oh, one more thing, about the fact that tax payers may be angry that their taxes helps these people, well, I don't think it does, if you look at how health care works in this country, you'd see that there are tons of people (including americans), that are kicked out of hospitals 'cus they can't afford the bill, that go without treatment and die 'cus they don't have a health plan, and don't qualify for government health care.

And if illegals are being able to get SSN's, open accounts and get food stamps and free health care treatment, wouldn't that be a government problem? Maybe it'd be best for the government to be spending more money on these issues (and here I include health care for americans) than on the military.

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Maybe it'd be best for the government to be spending more money on these issues (and here I include health care for americans) than on the military

amen sister laura

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Being an immigrant here, although legally, and never ever having thought of being an illegal in this country, it sort of shocked me and saddened me to see all the hatred toward an immigrant, even if he's illegal. Especially on VJ where most know the reality of foreign countries and have spouses that might have experienced this harsh reality.

The reason there are so many illegals in US is the fact that there are jobs than americans won't do, jobs that pay $5.50 an hour and that not even a teen would do anymore. I think americans should blame he employers for hiring illegals, blame the government who most of the time know exactly where the illegals are but won't do anything about it. The truth is, and that's my guess, US needs these type of workers, 'cus if the minimum wage was, say, $11.00 an hour and americans were doing those type of jobs, everything would cost more, and americans would complain about the cost of life, or else companies wouldn't have their factories in third world countries.

Now, I might pity the guy, who seemed very innocent in his assumption of going home with his hard earned money, illegaly earned or not, someone hired him and paid him, and he worked for that money. I'd think the solution would be to deport him since he's indeed been illegal for 11 years, give him a permanent ban, tax him, and if he has any money left, send him home with it, but I disagree with all of the people here who said he shouldn't be given any money 'cus he earned it illegaly, 'cus in that case his employer should pay for having hired him as well.

The "burn him at the stake" mentality doesn't work for cases like this. There are specific laws that govern not only Mr. Zapeta's actions but our actions as Americans should we decide to prosecute this case. Those laws must be followed to the letter or we are no better than Mr. Zapeta. What will happen is whatever the law will allow. Especially now that the case has garnered national attention. I imagine he will be fined and lose much of his money, maybe even all of it after fines and legal fees. Then he will get the boot. But what should happen is controlled by what can legally happen because we are law biding citizens, yes?

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Timeline

That's what I am saying, I just wanted to comment on the fact I didn't expect the hatred I saw on this thread, I mean, I am 100% against illegal immigration, and I agree there should be a punishment for that, but what I read here was more than people saying the law should be followed.

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
That's what I am saying, I just wanted to comment on the fact I didn't expect the hatred I saw on this thread, I mean, I am 100% against illegal immigration, and I agree there should be a punishment for that, but what I read here was more than people saying the law should be followed.

Welcome to America. We used to hang people for the color of their skin. You try and figure it out. It makes no sense to me.

Welcome to America. We used to hang people for the color of their skin. You try and figure it out. It makes no sense to me.

(Sorry Nagi... we also killed the indigenous population because we were better they them and wanted their land. We justified this by calling them savages and considered them inferior to the white race.)

Edited by NavarreMan

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Timeline

The whole killing savages thing was a mistake done by the entire Europe on any new land discovered (Africa, the americas in general, etc).

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I too was sort of surprised at the venom and anger in regards to this story. Personally I dislike illegals and hate the idea of amnesty for those who crossed illegally, but my mind doesn't go from this idea to laughing at some poor guy who spent 11 years of his life to save up $59K.

Guy managed to save $5363.63 per year here and earned that doing physical work. Heck, if he invested that money all this time he would have substantially more cash.

He probably should have sent cash back monthly, but perhaps he was afraid of the people back home wasting it or something.

It is pretty sad and pathetic for anyone feeling glee over this guy's misfortune. I'm glad he found two decent attorney's who are doing pro bono work, but if he had to pay legal fees his savings would be gone quick.

Fine him, tax him, but don't rob the guy.

It really is easy to see how the rest of the world hates the US. Also, if things keep going as they are now economically the US won't exactly be the place to be anymore.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Could not have said better! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

For all of you illegal haters - have a decency to admit that Pedro's money issue and his illegality issue are two separate issues. His cash can not/should not be confiscated because of his illegal status.

Also hating is not good in principle! So, although the poor guy must be deported, your cruel remarks towards him/ his family/ his case speak tons about who you are. Please also note, he was LEAVING! Does that piss you off too?

He also admitted to not really knowing English. Not paying taxes and not filing are two different things. So you don't really know if he never paid taxes. Again at $5.50 an hour, his tax burden is hardly anything.

Whats pissing you off, is that he had the tenacity to save that much money and you feel that you need a piece of it because he is illegal.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I too was sort of surprised at the venom and anger in regards to this story. Personally I dislike illegals and hate the idea of amnesty for those who crossed illegally, but my mind doesn't go from this idea to laughing at some poor guy who spent 11 years of his life to save up $59K.

Guy managed to save $5363.63 per year here and earned that doing physical work. Heck, if he invested that money all this time he would have substantially more cash.

He probably should have sent cash back monthly, but perhaps he was afraid of the people back home wasting it or something.

It is pretty sad and pathetic for anyone feeling glee over this guy's misfortune. I'm glad he found two decent attorney's who are doing pro bono work, but if he had to pay legal fees his savings would be gone quick.

Fine him, tax him, but don't rob the guy.

It really is easy to see how the rest of the world hates the US. Also, if things keep going as they are now economically the US won't exactly be the place to be anymore.

oh dude its not news.. people in VJ don't care if illegals die, or if they die outside a hospital cuz they dont deserve healthcare.. not surprising after a while

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Timeline

That's right, let's just execute them upon capture.

[sarcasm here] :huh:

Site your sources Dan

Also Why should Illegal Immigrants be given any priviliages, leniancy, handouts or pity.

CR-1 Timeline

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Timeline

This is a load of ####### if I have ever seen one!

:lol: :lol:

What a load of #######.

CR-1 Timeline

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
That's right, let's just execute them upon capture.

[sarcasm here] :huh:

Site your sources Dan

Also Why should Illegal Immigrants be given any priviliages, leniancy, handouts or pity.

yea, why pity. pff.. fukc em

:help:

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif