mRx

Mistake costs illegal immigrant dishwasher $59,000

412 posts in this topic

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All potential immigrants should read this thread. It would give them an idea of what sort of people we Americans are. No wonder we are hated throughout the world. It's not just our government it is people like some of you that have posted your hate here.

There is more to being a decent human being than being liberal or conservative. Left or right. Some of you sound like you burn crosses in your spare time. #######? Let the law take its course and if you don't like it, vote for new lawmakers. In the mean time, let those of you free of sin cast the first stone. Not one of you can claim a completely lawful life. Every one of us has broken one law or another in our life. Some of us have done it intentionally. Some many times. This is not a "left turn" nor am I liberal, it is just a plea to calm down and let the system do its job and you do yours if you feel the "law" needs to be changed.

Let's say this guy is found guilty and thrown out of the country. Let's also say that according to law, only a percentage of his hard earned money can be confiscated. What then. Do you cry and scream that an injustice has been done? There was no injustice because justice is defined by law. If you feel that the law did not provide enough justice, fight to change the law.

What I am trying to tell all of you is that your complaining about this on this forum does little but incite people's angers. IT WILL SOLVE NOTHING. IT WILL CHANGE NOTHING.

It took me 1 1/2 years but I made changes in my community. I did not do it by crying over a few beers in the local bar, I filed a Writ of Mandamus to force our local government to enforce their own statutes and laws. People have complained about the issue for years but it took legal action against our own local government to bring about change. Obviously some of you feel very strongly about the issue. Do you feel strongly enough to take the necessary action? Write your Congressman, write to the local/national media. Do more than just complain. Do something that will have a lasting effect. Fix the problem. Be a real American and "fight the British" so to speak. Our forefathers laid their lives on the line to bring about change. All I am asking of you is to file some paperwork.

Time for a reality check. Most developed nations around the world have very strict immigration laws. The top 10 countries with the highest living standards in the world all have very tough immigration laws; hence their high living standard.

America is not hated around the world because if its policy on immigration. Actually the lack of respect is related to quite the opposite as people abroad laugh and think what sort of nation cannot protect its borders and people.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

I don't have a problem with deporting illegals, I have problem with people like YOU generalizing on the illegal populace, how they are all criminals and drugdealers, and how people dont give a ####### how their rights are being walked over just because they need to be deported.. granted, they can't have USC rights, but human rights apply to everybody

generalizing like this hey

memorial2.gif

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
The dude is not from Mexico - he's from Guatemala. America is meant to be a free country and a place for those less fortunate to come and make a decent and honest living. Anyone can do anything they want in America. There are no limitation - but my point is that he DID IT THE WRONG WAY. And because he did it the wrong way - my fiance and all of yours have to be - for lack of a better word - interrogated before they are given the all clear. It's all good that he wants to better himself - but he should have done it the right way.

100% :thumbs:

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Timeline
All potential immigrants should read this thread. It would give them an idea of what sort of people we Americans are. No wonder we are hated throughout the world. It's not just our government it is people like some of you that have posted your hate here.

There is more to being a decent human being than being liberal or conservative. Left or right. Some of you sound like you burn crosses in your spare time. #######? Let the law take its course and if you don't like it, vote for new lawmakers. In the mean time, let those of you free of sin cast the first stone. Not one of you can claim a completely lawful life. Every one of us has broken one law or another in our life. Some of us have done it intentionally. Some many times. This is not a "left turn" nor am I liberal, it is just a plea to calm down and let the system do its job and you do yours if you feel the "law" needs to be changed.

Let's say this guy is found guilty and thrown out of the country. Let's also say that according to law, only a percentage of his hard earned money can be confiscated. What then. Do you cry and scream that an injustice has been done? There was no injustice because justice is defined by law. If you feel that the law did not provide enough justice, fight to change the law.

What I am trying to tell all of you is that your complaining about this on this forum does little but incite people's angers. IT WILL SOLVE NOTHING. IT WILL CHANGE NOTHING.

It took me 1 1/2 years but I made changes in my community. I did not do it by crying over a few beers in the local bar, I filed a Writ of Mandamus to force our local government to enforce their own statutes and laws. People have complained about the issue for years but it took legal action against our own local government to bring about change. Obviously some of you feel very strongly about the issue. Do you feel strongly enough to take the necessary action? Write your Congressman, write to the local/national media. Do more than just complain. Do something that will have a lasting effect. Fix the problem. Be a real American and "fight the British" so to speak. Our forefathers laid their lives on the line to bring about change. All I am asking of you is to file some paperwork.

Time for a reality check. Most developed nations around the world have very strict immigration laws. The top 10 countries with the highest living standards in the world all have very tough immigration laws; hence their high living standard.

America is not hated around the world because if its policy on immigration. Actually the lack of respect is related to quite the opposite as people abroad laugh and think what sort of nation cannot protect its borders and people.

Yes, I hear that a lot in my travels. "We laugh at America because they cannot protect their borders." Yessiree, I hear that every where I go.

What I am trying to tell all of you is that your complaining about this on this forum does little but incite people's angers. IT WILL SOLVE NOTHING. IT WILL CHANGE NOTHING

Hi...let us know how that works out for ya ;)

It will not work out for me or any of those who come here.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

:(

It's all good that he wants to better himself - but he should have done it the right way.

Which is the visa class for Guatemalan dishwashers?

Touche' :thumbs:

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

Filed: Timeline
It's all good that he wants to better himself - but he should have done it the right way.

Not sure what the precise visa class is but there has got to be one. I remember an employer in Nashville that employed plenty of low skilled workers - at the time mainly from the Philippines and Egypt. Dishwashers, roomer servers, housekeeping, etc. They did that legally and temporarily. The employer provided for their room and board and for their medical care. They were no burden to the US taxpayer. It is possible. Please don't pretend that it isn't.

No visa class for this, thats why they call them illegal. hmmm. :lol:..............I just love the truth.

Edited by CarolsMarc

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not sure what the precise visa class is but there has got to be one. I remember an employer in Nashville that employed plenty of low skilled workers - at the time mainly from the Philippines and Egypt. Dishwashers, roomer servers, housekeeping, etc. They did that legally and temporarily. The employer provided for their room and board and for their medical care. They were no burden to the US taxpayer. It is possible. Please don't pretend that it isn't.

You're right, I stand corrected. I wasn't pretending, I've just never known anyone who was here on this type of visa as an unskilled worker:

"H-2B visa (skilled and unskilled workers) is required by an employee who is coming to the United States to perform a job which is temporary or seasonal in nature and for which there is a shortage of U.S. workers. The employer is required to obtain from the Department of Labor, a labor certification confirming that there are no qualified U.S. workers eligible for the employment on which the petition is based."

I wonder how many of these are issued.

You're right, I stand corrected. I wasn't pretending, I've just never known anyone who was here on this type of visa as an unskilled worker:

"H-2B visa (skilled and unskilled workers) is required by an employee who is coming to the United States to perform a job which is temporary or seasonal in nature and for which there is a shortage of U.S. workers. The employer is required to obtain from the Department of Labor, a labor certification confirming that there are no qualified U.S. workers eligible for the employment on which the petition is based."

11 years is temporary? he doent fit the bill,still illegal? try again.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

I never said he wasn't here illegally! We were discussing possible visa types for dishwashers.

I never said he wasn't here illegally! We were discussing possible visa types for dishwashers.

Okay this isnt a possible visa type! Got it. Geez! Spin it up.

― Andrew Wilkow

Yes, I hear that a lot in my travels. "We laugh at America because they cannot protect their borders." Yessiree, I hear that every where I go.

If you want to get technical the one thing I have heard from pretty much every person abroad whose opinion of America ranges from simply disliking to absolutely hating is how little respect they have for the laws and courts here. You know, the very thing you are saying over and over again should be used to determine whether an illegal immigrant has broken a law; which is a federal crime in most other developed nations... For me personally, no court should be allowed to determine the fate of a nation and its security. Especially a court system who has been known to award someone millions for spilling hot McDonalds coffee on themselves. :wacko: Or one that allows mobs like the ACLU to use it to bankrupt counties for having religious signs up. Ever heard the saying abroad "only in America"? Which is a negative connotation might I add...

Certainly don't take my word for it alone. Have a look at a range of foreign forums and see what their opinion is. Even ask them what they think of whether something 'is constitutional or not'. That is probably one of the most laughed at liberal American phrases abroad.

Securing the border is actually something that will allow America to save face rather than be laughed at.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

Timeline

Okay this isnt a possible visa type! Got it. Geez! Spin it up.

:help:

Timeline

Jenn, you are 100% correct. Here in Florida we see them every summer. We get flooded with lots of Russian and Ukrainian kids that work in the service industry i.e. restaurants or beach shops. They stay for the summer and then go home. Think of all the poor American kids who can't find a job for the summer because some commie pinko kid from Russia came over and stole their job! LOL :P

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08