Engineer

K-1 Visa Denied

49 posts in this topic

3. you have to speak a common language to get a visa

that is untrue entirely. you do not have to speak a common language. of course it is very helpful and dispells at least one possible red flag but not an out and out requirement.

Edited by Kang Lang

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

And how does that work for every day life? The need to communicate in America????? :no:

I'm talking about not speaking English at the interview in their native country. I'm not talking about everyday life! Once he/she comes to America, they can begin learning English. Thank you!

That is assuming the fiance speaks fluent Chinese/Mandarin/etc, so the couple themselves can communicate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
I'm talking about not speaking English at the interview in their native country. I'm not talking about everyday life! Once he/she comes to America, they can begin learning English. Thank you!

I think that being able to have a working knowledge of English should be an important factor when being considered for a visa. If the person really wants to succeed in America, they really should make an effort to learn English before they get here. The thing that I think this pertains to is whether or not the petitioner and the beneficiary can have a relationship if they cannot speak the same language. As others have stated earlier though, the OP needs to give us some more information.

OP: My best go out to you, I hope you can get this resolved!!!!

Sometime in April: Mailed I129F to USCIS

5/31/2007 ~ NAO1 (online)

9/6/2007 ~ Touch (used RFE trick)

9/24/2007 ~ NAO2 (online and email)

9/25/2007 ~ Touch

9/27/2007 ~ NAO2 (hardcopy received)

10/22/2007 ~ Case received at NVC

10/24/2007 ~ Case forwarded to Japanese embassy!

11/2/2007 ~ Sayaka receives Packet 3!!!

12/3/2007 ~ Interview and approval

12/5/2007 ~ Visa came in the mail

1/12/2008 ~ Sayaka's flight arrives in the US!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

And how does that work for every day life? The need to communicate in America????? :no:

That is assuming the fiance speaks fluent Chinese/Mandarin/etc, so the couple themselves can communicate.

As long as the other can hold a conversation in the other language and you can prove it, it shouldn't be a problem.

My fiance does not speak english (maby tourist english at best) but we are both fluent in french, and met in france, so it shouldn't be a problem. He will learn english before finding a job :shrug: whatever it takes to be together since I can't return to france and work.

But they did tell us we would have to provide proof of comunicating in french (letters and emails).

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The language issue is minor, and certainly the least compelling of the reasons for denial. The focus should really be on this affidavit she supposedly signed. Who had her sign it, and why?

Also, Engineer please fill in your timeline.

If they don't share a common language then it is a very big deal. If they both speak a language other than English then it shouldn't be a problem as long as there is evidence that they communicate in a common language.

Filed: Timeline
If they don't share a common language then it is a very big deal. If they both speak a language other than English then it shouldn't be a problem as long as there is evidence that they communicate in a common language.

Yes, but the bigger issue seems to be that the fiance signed a statement that basically says she intends to commit Visa fraud. That pretty much trumps just about everything else.

How did she go about signing this affidavit?

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

that is untrue entirely. you do not have to speak a common language. of course it is very helpful and dispells at least one possible red flag but not an out and out requirement.

it is true..

Ive read stories here where the USC must send in a video tape of speaking unscripted viertamese for 5 minutes to prove that they can comunicate.

If you dont speak a common language...forget it in Viet-Nam

what are you going to do??..point??

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

2. you are married already and applying for a K1???...not possible

The OP should clarify, but it's my guess that if he made it to the interview stage that he meant to write "fiance." Or he meant to type K-3. Either way, his problem is the same.

Are you sure about this?

I know there are intrepreters available in a lot of embassies. You have to request for one. There's no guarantee that they'll provide one :blink:

it is true..

Ive read stories here where the USC must send in a video tape of speaking unscripted viertamese for 5 minutes to prove that they can comunicate.

If you dont speak a common language...forget it in Viet-Nam

what are you going to do??..point??

i agree with senor fox..viet nam is an high fraud area..and tough to get a visa...if there is no common languiage that would be a major red flad

g..other consuls..this may not be an issue but viet nam it is

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Hello:

Our K1 Visa was denied at interview. The reason given is: "Beneiciary signed an affidavit noting that she married Petitioner SPECIFICALLY to incur immigration benefits and raise a family in the US". They also state she speaks little or no English as a specific problem.

What is our best option now?

I am not to be rude and it is none of my business but, I would of thought that signing an affidavit saying that you are specifically wanting the K1 for Immigration benefits is just going to make the interviewer think "This is visa fraud, it isn't a bonafied relationship, the beneficiary just wants to use the country for these things which their country doesn't offer"

Although there is nothing that can be done about that part now (the affidavit part) I can only suggest as others have, getting an Immigration lawyer, not sure if you can get it appealed, but best of luck to you.

--------------------------------------------

I-129F Process:

2007/06/26 - I-129F Petition sent to Nebraska service center

2007/07/03 - NOA1 Hard Copy, and notification that it has been forwarded to the California Service center

2007/07/10 - Touch

2007/11/20 - Approved - NOA2

2007/12/13 - Petition received at the NVC

2007/12/22 - Hardcopy of notice that the petition has now been forwarded to the US Embassy in London.

2008/01/05 - Received Packet from US Embassy.

2008/01/11 - Medical examination

2008/01/16 - Received Police Clearance Record

2008/01/16 - Sent back out Packet to the US Embassy.

2008/02/26 - INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!!

2008/05/08 - Married!!!!

I-485/I-765 Process:

2008/05/22 - Sent out adjustment of status package.

2008/06/05 - Package sent back due to wrong address

2008/06/06 - Sent package back out

2008/06/11 - Pending notices received

2008/06/17 - Appointment notice received

2008/06/26 - Biometrics appointment - Appointment successful

2008/??/?? - RFE - Sponsor did not fill out I-864

2008/08/12 - RFE sent back out

2008/11/12 - Service request in effect.

2008/12/03 - No news on if they received my case back (RFE), no news on my EAD or AOS. Starting to get severely annoyed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
The language issue is minor, and certainly the least compelling of the reasons for denial. The focus should really be on this affidavit she supposedly signed. Who had her sign it, and why?

Also, Engineer please fill in your timeline.

not true, while my hubby was at his interview, 80% of ppl there for fiance visas, k3 visas and other visas were denied bc of lack of english. (yes english, NOT common language, but ENGLISH)

they will deny you if they feel there is no way of communication, and if theres no way of communication meaning you dont speak a common language, wheres the real part of the relationship. They look at being able to speak to eachother as pretty important part of the interview.

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.