dreamscometrue

Does Islam allow Muslim men to marry Christian women?

126 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
sar·chasm ('sär-"ka-z&m) : The giant gulf (chasm) between what is said and the person who doesn't get it.

i'm not the one making asinine generalizations about a billion+ people. the burden of proof is on you, bigot. the word 'potential' was used sarcastically. of course there's going to be huge variances of attitudes and experiences and theological status and beliefs. did it occur to you to look at other things that may be motivating that kind of attitude amongst some people, like disparities in education, socioeconomic status, and other sociological factors that are far more influential in forming this line of thinking than, incidentally, being muslim? this certainly happens in all other beliefs and lines of thought, from buddhists to communists. some people are thinkers and others are dogmatic sheep. but i'd never go so far as to say something like "a lack of thinking has become a badge of honor among christians" because i'd (hypothetically) grown up with and spent extensive time with thousands of jerry falwell devotees and graduated from bob jones university. i wouldn't therefore think that qualified me as an expert on the state of christianity from sub-saharan africa to south korea. this is trash. it's unbelievable that there are really people like yourself who purport to be so well-educated and informed but stands by something as ridiculous as this huge generalization.

You don't have to agree with me, but you not agreeing with me doesn't make me a bigot. That's just ignorant defamation, the type that usually occurs when you have no support for your position and are fueled primarily by emotion. I have valid reasons for saying what I did, and they have everything to do with dealing with all types of Muslims, not with political correctness.

Edited by Green-eyed girl

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spare us all your sanctimonious indignation for emotionalism. You routinely denigrate posters on this board based on their ethnicity and other nonsensical ad hominems-emotionalism through and through. Your screeching up above is another great example of emotionalism, with the lovely red herring of “you’re just a political correctness sucker” thrown in. Ponder some of the sociological factors that pertain to “dealing with all types of Muslims”, like identity issues related to immigration, pressures of integration, embracing or adhering to certain ideals out of rebellion in response to pressure to integrate or persecution, real or perceived. There’s a lot more to it than Muslims just want to be ignorant nitwits because it’s a badge of honor. Real scholars, writing in legitimate peer-reviewed social science journals discuss these issues all the time without making gross generalizations like yours, charlatan.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Spare us all your sanctimonious indignation for emotionalism. You routinely denigrate posters on this board based on their ethnicity and other nonsensical ad hominems-emotionalism through and through. Your screeching up above is another great example of emotionalism, with the lovely red herring of “you’re just a political correctness sucker” thrown in. Ponder some of the sociological factors that pertain to “dealing with all types of Muslims”, like identity issues related to immigration, pressures of integration, embracing or adhering to certain ideals out of rebellion in response to pressure to integrate or persecution, real or perceived. There’s a lot more to it than Muslims just want to be ignorant nitwits because it’s a badge of honor. Real scholars, writing in legitimate peer-reviewed social science journals discuss these issues all the time without making gross generalizations like yours, charlatan.

Having a tantrum, are we? If you go back a few pages in the thread, you'll find that I'm not the only one to agree that thinking and questioning re the faith is lacking among Muslims. I don't know why you targeted my comments out of all the others who agreed with the premise, and I frankly don't care. You are a waste of time to communicate with.

Have a good day!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I really wish I knew how to insert the smilies with the back to topic sign, but the feeling is the same:

BACK TO TOPIC PLEASE!!!

I haven't read anything responding to the OP in quite awhile.....

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.