Cebu2Florida

VJ'rs September Filers

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hello to all VJ'rs who filed their petitions this month (September).

Join me here.

I didnt get any notice from the USCIS yet. And they still didnt cash the check.

I'm a little bit worried...how long will it take for them to send me the NOA?

i was about to start my own topic but i cant figure out how ( if someone would like to help me with that it would be appreciated! lol

i filed in september as well to bring my indian husband over to the states. 2 months no check isnt cashed! i called uscis, and they passed me onto an immigration officer. could take upto 18 MONTHS TO CASH CHECK!!!!!!

then another 6 months or more to process. it will be over 2 yrs before i see my husband. this is rediculous, this is too slow there has got to be something else that can be done... is there anything anyone know? what if i fly back to india and file from there, i did hear its faster to go through the embassys anyone have any ideas?

and cebu2florida, please let me know when or if yours ever gets cashed , lol i mean if you dont mind, because i filed at the end of september so its possible if yours gets cashed i will be soon behind you... IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS...

if anyone would wants to talk about any of this visa stuff and exchange information... my yahoo is avalible kelbuckus is my id...

thanks all for listening and your help :help:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join me here.

i was about to start my own topic but i cant figure out how ( if someone would like to help me with that it would be appreciated! lol

i filed in september as well to bring my indian husband over to the states. 2 months no check isnt cashed! i called uscis, and they passed me onto an immigration officer. could take upto 18 MONTHS TO CASH CHECK!!!!!!

then another 6 months or more to process. it will be over 2 yrs before i see my husband. this is rediculous, this is too slow there has got to be something else that can be done... is there anything anyone know? what if i fly back to india and file from there, i did hear its faster to go through the embassys anyone have any ideas?

and cebu2florida, please let me know when or if yours ever gets cashed , lol i mean if you dont mind, because i filed at the end of september so its possible if yours gets cashed i will be soon behind you... IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS...

if anyone would wants to talk about any of this visa stuff and exchange information... my yahoo is avalible kelbuckus is my id...

No hun calm down....you got misinformatin as usual as we all do - its just in in the I dont know where the fk my application stage is but the two year thing is so outta whack - must have been someone who did not have there coffee today. Read the other stores and you will get a better feel for what is going on with us August, September and some October filers.

Cheers

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Join me here.

Although it is not 2 years, the process still appears to take 8 months or more. On hearing I decided to move back and work in India, and file for CR-1 from there. It is faster, and also eliminates any time we spend apart.

CR-1, i think i will go look this one up. ty for the replys all ! its much apprecialted

Join me here.

Although it is not 2 years, the process still appears to take 8 months or more. On hearing I decided to move back and work in India, and file for CR-1 from there. It is faster, and also eliminates any time we spend apart.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i already know the details .... before 2006 the requirement to file in india was to stay their for 3 months ... now you have to be a foreign resident residing in india .... inf order to consider as a foreign resident you have to show that you have a 5 + year india visa ... and get a permit from Foreigner’s Regional Registration Office (FRRO)..THE KEY IS GETTING THAT FRRO PERMIT ... ANY WAY YOU CAN ... EVERYTHING ELSE SHOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE ..... I am sure my application is stuck in Chicago Lock box ...and i don't know when i be in the system ..... once my information is in the system and got any Noa1 ... its no use ..... but in india they will process the application in about 3 moths .... the fastest i saw was 3 months the furthes was 6 months (DCF) ... non matter where you live in India DCF can only be done in NEW DELHI... .. this is all i know about DCF ...

hope it helps

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/uscisi130pet.html

Good Day All,

Just a quick update on some news that a fellow VJ received late yesterday from USCIS with regards to I-130's.

First of all, this was obtained from a senior Immigration Officer, which I believed they are called a G-18 or something to that effect. They are now working on clearing up the mess on the I-130's - oh wow - they finally admit it.

Hopefully within the month, they will be up to speed, what that means, is left to ones imagination...but what the jest of the conversation was that they should be back on track by January 2008. This does not mean that previous guidelines will fall into place, but at least the people here posting should have a receipt number to research.

They have hired additional peeps, a majoritity of them are now located at the Chicago Lockbox area to deal with the new applications coming in. HE DID SAY SOMETHING INTERESTING - even though I know this one point, but tjhat dont ever believe what you read on their website DOH!!. But something to the effect and these are his words not mine...that the I-130's prior to December 3rd will be processed at place of origin instead of being transferred to Chicago. Not sure about this one, as there are statements that after August 30th they were going to be sent to Chicago. We all know about misinformation 800 number here, but this guy was pretty high up on the ladder or maybe he was just high, who knows.

But I think it was a bright spot in the mess going on and hopefully some of us will have a receipt number for xmas.

Again, dont bash me for posting but this was the conversation from yesterday to a fellow VJ member,.

Lets keep our thread active with good news yes?

Cheers to all and have a good day (ok try to at least)

Susie

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

08/10Received

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Good Day All,

Just a quick update on some news that a fellow VJ received late yesterday from USCIS with regards to I-130's.

First of all, this was obtained from a senior Immigration Officer, which I believed they are called a G-18 or something to that effect. They are now working on clearing up the mess on the I-130's - oh wow - they finally admit it.

Hopefully within the month, they will be up to speed, what that means, is left to ones imagination...but what the jest of the conversation was that they should be back on track by January 2008. This does not mean that previous guidelines will fall into place, but at least the people here posting should have a receipt number to research.

They have hired additional peeps, a majoritity of them are now located at the Chicago Lockbox area to deal with the new applications coming in. HE DID SAY SOMETHING INTERESTING - even though I know this one point, but tjhat dont ever believe what you read on their website DOH!!. But something to the effect and these are his words not mine...that the I-130's prior to December 3rd will be processed at place of origin instead of being transferred to Chicago. Not sure about this one, as there are statements that after August 30th they were going to be sent to Chicago. We all know about misinformation 800 number here, but this guy was pretty high up on the ladder or maybe he was just high, who knows.

But I think it was a bright spot in the mess going on and hopefully some of us will have a receipt number for xmas.

Again, dont bash me for posting but this was the conversation from yesterday to a fellow VJ member,.

Lets keep our thread active with good news yes?

Cheers to all and have a good day (ok try to at least)

Susie3

Thanks for sharing this news!! Really hope they process our I-130s at place of origin.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey Susie,

I called the USCIS yesterday also and I was told the same thing that all I-130's prior Dec. 3rd are going to be processed in their original locations not in Chicago. I mentioned about the statement posted on the website but she did not change her original answer and she also did not comment about the stament posted on the website. She must've known that was a wrong statement, maybe miscomunication with their IT department :( who knows....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

oh well i filed 09/28.....my husband didnt get anything up til now and i know we shud give it another 2months or more... so i taught myself to put it aside and not worry about it until some action happens then ill get all excited again lol

lyrics.jpg

oh well i filed 09/28.....my husband didnt get anything up til now and i know we shud give it another 2months or more... so i taught myself to put it aside and not worry about it until some action happens then ill get all excited again lol

LOL YEAH RIGHT.....Everyday different story until people catch on what is actually happening........

The USCIS confirmed that they follow First-In / First-Out (FIFO) order in issuing receipts, but that some cases always require more time to receipt. If a mailroom contractor spots an issue, the file goes to a special unit for review, which can take additional time. If a receipt notice is supposed to have been issued, per the USCIS-posted receipt dates, an individual can call USCIS customer service, who will forward the matter to the service center. Contrary to this information, the USCIS recently acknowledged that receipts were not being issued completely in FIFO order, and that there were cases from early July that had not been receipted. This was reported October 19, 2007 in our MurthyBulletin article, Updates on July and August 2007 AOS / I-485 Filings, available on MurthyDotCom.

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The people who answer the phones at the USCIS are no more informed then the customer service reps you call regarding your credit card. The are only trained on specific things to say. If you notice they are very automated in their communication. They only communicate what they are trained to. Which is how to read our screen, as we can already and change our address information.

Hey Susie,

I called the USCIS yesterday also and I was told the same thing that all I-130's prior Dec. 3rd are going to be processed in their original locations not in Chicago. I mentioned about the statement posted on the website but she did not change her original answer and she also did not comment about the stament posted on the website. She must've known that was a wrong statement, maybe miscomunication with their IT department :( who knows....

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

The people who answer the phones at the USCIS are no more informed then the customer service reps you call regarding your credit card. The are only trained on specific things to say. If you notice they are very automated in their communication. They only communicate what they are trained to. Which is how to read our screen, as we can already and change our address information.

Hey Susie,

Just got off phone with fellow VJ - he got some news also from USCIS, will try to just copy and paste here and edit, but u will get the jest of the story:

!

: Just got off the phone with Immigration Officer Cunning

: She said they should be scanned in anytime within the next week

: She said they are sending the overload to the NBC

: they have nothing but contractors there that have scanning machines that are fast and efficient

They are scanning them in, then sending them back to the Service center

Then they cash the checks

But she said that they are working all this weekend

the contractors

: and monday

: only contractors

She said to call back wed

was she polite

: yes she was very polite

She wished him Merry Xmas fyi-

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Susie,

Just got off phone with fellow VJ - he got some news also from USCIS, will try to just copy and paste here and edit, but u will get the jest of the story:

!

: they have nothing but contractors there that have scanning machines that are fast and efficient

the contractors

was she polite

Hi Susie,

Congrates on you NOA1, Nothing for me yet but I mailed mine on Sept 17th. Looks like USCIS is starting to hummmm along compaired to the last 90 days. Anyways Yasmin and I are still waiting.

Hey Susie,

!

the contractors

was she polite

Hi Susie,

Congrates on you NOA1, Nothing for me yet but I mailed mine on Sept 17th. Looks like USCIS is starting to hummmm along compaired to the last 90 days. Anyways Yasmin and I are still waiting.

Hi hun,

sent u IM - speak tomorrow and glad you could get back on to site.....saying prayer for you two tonight!!!!

Cheers luvxxxxx

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.