Cheryl & Medo

It's THURSDAY

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ohh those are Youssef's favorite!!!!!! They are pretty easy to make to. So if he vetos eating them (which i think is the right path to take) I can send you a recipe to make them.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have been compulsivly been eatting a giant sheet cake from Cosco's for the past 3 days... My belly is swollen and I feel like I'm gonna throw up :thumbs:

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning all. Hope everyone has a smooth day.

MrsAmera, i know you offered the recipe to sarah, but i want it too LOL :blush:

Hugs,

Ayesha (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Timeline
I love Costco cake! What flavor is it, Dee?

it is a vanilla cake with chocolate mousse in the middle... vanilla frosting..

I have grown VERY fond of freezing cake.. and eatting it frozen... It is not too cold to chew.. and it de thaws almost as soon as its in your mouth..

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

Any more than this...

Filed: Timeline

Mmmmmm I love their vanilla cake with chocolate mousse. I also love their all American cake...devil's food cake with fudge frosting. Soooo good with a glass of iced cold milk. I'm craving sweets in a big way today. :blush:

I have grown VERY fond of freezing cake.. and eatting it frozen... It is not too cold to chew.. and it de thaws almost as soon as its in your mouth..

Timeline

yes... sweet are GOOD... major sugar freak... I think this weekend I'll make basbousa.. thats wicked sugary toooo..

Mmmmmm I love their vanilla cake with chocolate mousse. I also love their all American cake...devil's food cake with fudge frosting. Soooo good with a glass of iced cold milk. I'm craving sweets in a big way today. :blush:

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

Any more than this...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ohh those are Youssef's favorite!!!!!! They are pretty easy to make to. So if he vetos eating them (which i think is the right path to take) I can send you a recipe to make them.

Oh Amera can you send me the recipe? I have tried making it (I know how to say what it is but have no idea how to write it but it starts with an m and it sounds like msimmin) but it never comes out very good.

I told Hicham as a joke that his sister is clearly trying to kill him by sending him meat in the mail from Morocco.

Thanks!

Sarah

I have been compulsivly been eatting a giant sheet cake from Cosco's for the past 3 days... My belly is swollen and I feel like I'm gonna throw up :thumbs:

Mmm I love Costco cake. I wish I had their recipe for cake. I have to make a sheetpan cake to feed 30 people this weekend and I have never made a cake that big! Maybe I should just buy the cake part from Costco and decorate it.

Does anyone have any ideas for a baby shower decoration on a cake?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

K I'll post it here and in the Sultan's Kitchen thread so that everyone can partake LOL! So the Arabic name is Rghif Shema (that last word is most likely spelled wrong). And you're right sarah it's a type of msemmen. So here goes:

Rghif Shema

1 tbsp salt .

2-3 c water .

1lb flour (unbleached white) .

vegetable oil, for hands & surfaces

(Here's my little tip on this, I never follow the exact measurements, in fact I own 1 measuring cup that is probably hiding under Khalil's crib so basically here's how you do it. -- Put as much flour as you think will work, 1-2tbsp salt (i like salt) and then add water and knead until it's elasticy - also not a word - make sure it's not too wet, if so add more flour, if it's too thick add a little more water.)

Set this aside while you prepare the filling.

The filling:

1/2lb to 1lb ground beef (85/15 is a good ratio as you want a little bit of extra fat)

1 small onion diced finely (this is a texture thing, if you don't mind chomping on some big onions make them bigger, I make them as small as possible)

1 tbsp salt and pepper

1 tsp chili pepper (optional)

1 tbsp paprika (I use the spicier one from Morocco but the regular one works too)

- Precook these on the stove top, making sure to break down the meat into the smallest pieces you can. A trick is to use the back of the fork and almost mash it so that the pieces of meat are very small and broken up.

Now for the intereting part. There are two ways you can do this. I'll list both lol.

1) The Hard Way

Roll the bread dough into small balls a little bigger than a golf ball but not as big as a tennis ball, and coat with vegetable oil. Do this until you have all the bread in balls. Next flatten them out - there's a way of doing it with your hands but I suggest a rolling pin and if you don't have one, a drinking glass serves as a good makeshift rolling pin. Flatten them as thin as you can and put a layer of the filling on the flattened square.. Then fold them up into little packages -fold into thirds in one direction and then into thirds the other, what you will have left looks like a little square package. Put a little oil on top. Complete all the balls this way. Heat up a frying pan with a little oil. When all the packages are assembled start flattening them out again. Be careful not to do it too flat as you want to keep everything inside of them. Fry them 1 or 2 at a time, until they bubble and are browned on each side. Finish this way.

2) The Easier Way

Preheat the oven to 350. Start with two pieces of dough about the same size. Roll them out very flat and place a thin layer of the filling between them. The size of the msemmen is at your discretion but I try to keep mine a little on the small side. So after you put the top piece over the piece with the filling rolling it out so that the two pieces stick together. If they don't (which happens don't feel bad!) I usually make a little "crust" lol meaning I use the tines of a fork and go around the edges and then roll it over once so it looks a little like a pizza crust. Bake on a cookie sheet until browned.

Honestly I like the way the ones done the hard way taste more, but if you do them the easy way it also tastes good. Good luck :)

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

still feel like i'm puke :unsure::whistle:

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

Any more than this...

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i only like coffee if it doesn't resemble black coffee anymore either! give me an ice blended frappuccino or a cappuccino with a lot of sugar please!!! :D

i also love costco cake. when i was in high school i worked at costco for exactly two weeks (and quit) and decorated the cakes. never got the recipe though! damn!

my fiance's family also sent him a box for ramadan but it hasn't arrived yet :( hopefully there's no meat in there....hehe. i know its got shebbakiya though. yum!!!!!!!!!!!

hey sarah, how's school going? how long is your program?

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
i only like coffee if it doesn't resemble black coffee anymore either! give me an ice blended frappuccino or a cappuccino with a lot of sugar please!!! :D

i also love costco cake. when i was in high school i worked at costco for exactly two weeks (and quit) and decorated the cakes. never got the recipe though! damn!

my fiance's family also sent him a box for ramadan but it hasn't arrived yet :( hopefully there's no meat in there....hehe. i know its got shebbakiya though. yum!!!!!!!!!!!

hey sarah, how's school going? how long is your program?

Oh yeah we havea big box of shebbakiya. It's delicious.

School is going really well. I really like it and am learning a lot! I have catered a few events lately for the Jewish holidays so that has been fun- mostly desserts though! I'm making 50 fruit tarts and 50 palmiers (which are easy luckily) this weekend for the end of the holiday season.

How's working in the restaurant?

ps. The program is 4 semesters.

Edited by sarah and hicham

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.