odeoaldorf

August / September I-130 2007 Filers

524 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
you know i was thinking about that .... i am assuming the application in CSC/VSC is still in a bin somewhere not entered into the system ... overnighting a duplicate application to chicago lockbox might be faster that waiting for CSC of NVC

what do u guys think

Well I believe that the only reason USCIS is having ALL forms go to the Chicago lockbox is because CSC and VSC can no longer house applications that are coming thru their doors and just sitting in a pile. What I am assumming is that the current mailroom at CSC and VSC is overwhelmed and flooded with apps that just keep coming in and piling up. This probably makes it much difficult to get the receipting in a timely fashion when the mailroom is constantly overworked. So they implemented the Chicago Lockbox(CLB) so that apps can stop coming into their mailroom before they are ready to process them.

I think this is a good move. It may help in the organinzation process plus allieve the stress of the workers there so they dont just up and quit from all of the frustration. I am assuming CLB will start housing all applications until said service center is ready to receive them. Maybe CLB will start issuing out NOA1's too so that people can at least know that their application was received safely. I don't think this means CLB apps will get processed faster than the apps at CSC or VSC, but they could receive an NOA1 before others. There apps are still just sitting in a que waiting to get shipped off to the designated service center. I think this process is just for organizational and catch-up purposes. They obviously have workers at CLB who will be alleviating the work load from the service center workers, so maybe the service center workers can then start focusing on actually processing the apps.

Yes on trying to help the backlog and proces what is outstanding but the receipts will still come from appropritae area of filing aka CSC or VSC as per memo.

And i also agree good move, l think it may help.... ok need another paddle for our canoe lol

Cheers hun

Susie

I would think all applications will be handled based on priority dates they were sent. That only seems to be fair and USCIS will work on cases piling up in Vermont/CS offices from July/August instead of processing new ones coming to Chicago even it means sending NOA1 notices. Atleast i hope thats what will happen..

Can someone help me please!!! I spoke to an Immigration officer today at the Customer Service #. He stated that even though the website reflects a 6mo timeframe for getting the I130 visa petitions completed & forwarded to the Consulates abroad, it basically means nothing with the backlog. He stated the countdown does not begin until the check is cashed & the appliCation is in the system. I thought I read some where on the message board that they were counting from the date the petitions are received in the mailroom. Imm. Officer claims this is not the case and if cks are not cashed etc etc then clock has not even began on these cases.

THIS IS SO DEPRESSING!!!1

ANY FEEDBACK PLEASE

I130

September 6, 2007-Sent I130

January 18, 2008-NOA1

February 24, 2008-Touched

April 14 & 15-Touched-RFE trick

May 23, 2008-Aproved!!!!!!!! (Thanks to the MAN above)

May 26, 2008-Touched (Holiday)

May 31st-Recvd Hard Copy in mail

I29F

February 18TH, 2008-NOA1

February 24TH, 2008-Touched

April, 14TH & 15TH-RFE trick

May 22, May 23rd -Touch, Touch

May 23-Approved!!!!!!! (Thanks to the MAN above)

May 26, 2008-Touched (Holiday!)

May 31ST-Recvd Hard Copy in mail

NVC

May 29TH, 2008-129F received at the NVC-YES!

May 30TH, 2008-130 received at the NVC

Consulate-June 3rd

INTERVIEW-August 27TH

Interview-PASSED WITHOUT ANY ISSUES-10 MINUTE INTERVIEW

SEPT 20TH-Arrived in NYC then to Charlotte-YEAH!!!

AOS

February 4TH-mailed I485 & I765

Feb 8TH, NOA 1 for both-Received Feb 5TH

March 4TH Biometrics done

March 19TH RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER-INTERVIEW DATE April 30TH at 9:30

April 13TH RECEIVED EAD... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

APRIL 14TH-GOING TO SS OFFICE TO ORDER SSCARD

April 19TH-SS card received

April 20TH-Lerners Permit obtained

April 30TH- AOS Passed-10 minute meeting, wouldn't call it an interview, very, very simple.

May 18TH=GREEN CARD RECEIVED

NEVER ABLE TO VIEW CASE ONLINE-SAME INVALID# MESSAGE

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
you know i was thinking about that .... i am assuming the application in CSC/VSC is still in a bin somewhere not entered into the system ... overnighting a duplicate application to chicago lockbox might be faster that waiting for CSC of NVC

what do u guys think

Well I believe that the only reason USCIS is having ALL forms go to the Chicago lockbox is because CSC and VSC can no longer house applications that are coming thru their doors and just sitting in a pile. What I am assumming is that the current mailroom at CSC and VSC is overwhelmed and flooded with apps that just keep coming in and piling up. This probably makes it much difficult to get the receipting in a timely fashion when the mailroom is constantly overworked. So they implemented the Chicago Lockbox(CLB) so that apps can stop coming into their mailroom before they are ready to process them.

I think this is a good move. It may help in the organinzation process plus allieve the stress of the workers there so they dont just up and quit from all of the frustration. I am assuming CLB will start housing all applications until said service center is ready to receive them. Maybe CLB will start issuing out NOA1's too so that people can at least know that their application was received safely. I don't think this means CLB apps will get processed faster than the apps at CSC or VSC, but they could receive an NOA1 before others. There apps are still just sitting in a que waiting to get shipped off to the designated service center. I think this process is just for organizational and catch-up purposes. They obviously have workers at CLB who will be alleviating the work load from the service center workers, so maybe the service center workers can then start focusing on actually processing the apps.

Yes on trying to help the backlog and proces what is outstanding but the receipts will still come from appropritae area of filing aka CSC or VSC as per memo.

And i also agree good move, l think it may help.... ok need another paddle for our canoe lol

Cheers hun

Susie

I would think all applications will be handled based on priority dates they were sent. That only seems to be fair and USCIS will work on cases piling up in Vermont/CS offices from July/August instead of processing new ones coming to Chicago even it means sending NOA1 notices. Atleast i hope thats what will happen..

Can someone help me please!!! I spoke to an Immigration officer today at the Customer Service #. He stated that even though the website reflects a 6mo timeframe for getting the I130 visa petitions completed & forwarded to the Consulates abroad, it basically means nothing with the backlog. He stated the countdown does not begin until the check is cashed & the appliCation is in the system. I thought I read some where on the message board that they were counting from the date the petitions are received in the mailroom. Imm. Officer claims this is not the case and if cks are not cashed etc etc then clock has not even began on these cases.

THIS IS SO DEPRESSING!!!1

ANY FEEDBACK PLEASE

That totally sucks. I was hoping all this wait would cut down the wait time for K3 actual processing...jeez...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

what do u guys think

Cheers hun

Susie

Well the only thing an NOA1 really means is that they received your file. Doesnt mean they are gonna start working on it, just means they were able to log it cash your money and assign it a number. The priority date is something entirely different.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

what do u guys think

Cheers hun

Susie

Well the only thing an NOA1 really means is that they received your file. Doesnt mean they are gonna start working on it, just means they were able to log it cash your money and assign it a number. The priority date is something entirely different.

M-

So true, but at this point, receving a NOA1 would be great xmas present for alot of us waiting - but officer was wrong, they must honor date sent in and received, but that does not mean six months and approval - who knows how long, its a waiting game for us all in every different area of I129, I130, AOS whatever.....we have to be strong and try to understand that soon it will be over. Oh God look whos typing those words.... :help:

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just got off the phone with the uscis second level customer service. He was rude raising his voice and didn't let me ask question, but I forced my way through to asked him if the site is correct with processing times, I told him to answer me yes or no. The jerk said no its not correct. Its been 93 days. I called yesterday and another guy says they are still working on the begining of Augst at the CSC with I-130.

epdoss

Just got off the phone with the uscis second level customer service. He was rude raising his voice and didn't let me ask question, but I forced my way through to asked him if the site is correct with processing times, I told him to answer me yes or no. The jerk said no its not correct. Its been 93 days. I called yesterday and another guy says they are still working on the begining of Augst at the CSC with I-130.

epdoss

I'm sure everyone of those government job lazy aholes is a stupid jerk.

3 to 5 years is likely the time frame if i want to get my wife on the same continent.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Indonesia

Marriage : 2007-08-10

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-18

I-130 Approved : 2008-09-15

NVC Received : 2008-09-24

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-09-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-09-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-09-28

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-10-02

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-10-17

Receive IV Bill : 2008-10-30

Pay IV Bill : 2008-10-31

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-01-28

NVC Left : 2009-01-30

Consulate Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-02-24

Packet 4 Received : 2009-02-26

Interview Date : 2010-03-18

Visa Received : 2009-03-23

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 241 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 792 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

that is not true ... i got my reply from CSC which ended up to be an RFE ... wrong free ... i hate myself so bad ........ they recieved it around aug 25th... just my experiance ... not i been waiting for 50 days almost .... for a reciept

that is not true ... i got my reply from CSC which ended up to be an RFE ... wrong free ... i hate myself so bad ........ they recieved it around aug 25th... just my experiance ... not i been waiting for 50 days almost .... for a reciept

called today USCIS customer service more informative than the immigration officers my god ....talk about role reversal....nah not in the system and IO actually said to me...you cant not file both your I130 and I129 together and i basically told here yes I can, I did and thats not the reason for the call, so check the computer and tell me if our names are in there. Of course not and then told her to please not give out wrong information to people. #######, sending resume now.

Cheers all and this ride is one wild one, sorta like Mr. Toads Wild Road at Disney but on acid .........

Susie

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Timeline

I am glad you got some reply from USCIS Elijah otherwise they won't give you time of the day. Today is Friday and i am doubtful if USCIS will updates their receipt timeline dates. It seems to be wrong anyway based on feedback you got. Has anyone from beginning of August received/had their cheque cashed period?

Timeline

Wow whats this??

As of December 7, 2007, USCIS has completed initial data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated:

California Service Center

Form Number Date Received

I-130* 8/30/2007

I-751 11/18/2007

All Other Forms Current

*All I-130s received after the indicated date have been forwarded to USCIS Chicago Lockbox for data entry.

Nebraska Service Center

All Forms Current

Texas Service Center

I-485 Employment

Based 11/29/2007

N-400 7/30/2007

All Other Forms Current

Vermont Service Center

I-130* 7/29/2007

N-400 10/02/2007

All Other Forms 11/27/2007

*All I-130s received after the indicated date have been forwarded to USCIS Chicago Lockbox for data entry.

USCIS Lockbox

TPS Current

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

does that mean all I-130 will be processed at Chicago instead of CSC and VSC ?? i really don't understand .... now i see a ne entry for Chicago lock box ...if that is the case i hope they work form first inn first out

Edited by anish and lijy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Your application will not be processed at Chicago. Chicago is simply doing the initial data input and then will return the file back to either CSC or VSC for processing. I think you can safely assume they will be processed by the Service Centers based upon the original date received.

The weekly USCIS updates have always included an entry for Chicago and Chicago has always been listed as up to date with all its forms.

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Filed: Timeline
Your application will not be processed at Chicago. Chicago is simply doing the initial data input and then will return the file back to either CSC or VSC for processing. I think you can safely assume they will be processed by the Service Centers based upon the original date received.

The weekly USCIS updates have always included an entry for Chicago and Chicago has always been listed as up to date with all its forms.

it this for real??

I-130 mailed: 10/26/07 to CA Service Center

Confirmation of receipt of I-130: 10/29/07

I sent mine in 9/6/07 and i haven't received anything yet. I have confirmation.

do you know what should i do?

please help.

Timeline

it this for real??

I-130 mailed: 10/26/07 to CA Service Center

Confirmation of receipt of I-130: 10/29/07

I sent mine in 9/6/07 and i haven't received anything yet. I have confirmation.

do you know what should i do?

please help.

I sent mine on 20th Aug to Vermont and havent received anything so far in my case as well. I think a lot of people are in same boat. Maybe we will start seeing receipts soon now.

hmmm... after crying everynight for a month my wife went to the embassy again in hopes of some information. They told her timeline is about 2 to 5 years right now to get to the interview.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Indonesia

Marriage : 2007-08-10

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-18

I-130 Approved : 2008-09-15

NVC Received : 2008-09-24

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-09-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-09-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-09-28

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-10-02

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-10-17

Receive IV Bill : 2008-10-30

Pay IV Bill : 2008-10-31

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-01-28

NVC Left : 2009-01-30

Consulate Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-02-24

Packet 4 Received : 2009-02-26

Interview Date : 2010-03-18

Visa Received : 2009-03-23

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 241 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 792 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.