185 posts in this topic

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Since the other threads were locked, though I'd give this one a BUMP.

Those of you still willing to fight-->trudge on!!!!!

I appreciate your support.

:thumbs:

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
:lol:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Since the other threads were locked, though I'd give this one a BUMP.

Those of you still willing to fight-->trudge on!!!!!

I appreciate your support.

They were locked because they were duplicate topics and cluttering up other forums. :)

Filed: Other Timeline

Some people may have said not to write.

I think the conservative concensus would be to write about something that really matters. About the overall picture of immigration in America today, and not just the K1 process.

Even though it does feel personal as it is happening, is it hard to step back and realize how small some of the issues Wendy raised are in comparison to many of the other things happening with immigration today? There are FAR larger injustices being committed with family-based immigration categories than whether or not you get something as fast as you think you need it.

I'm sorry if it sounds sarcastic, but that's the bottom line everyone needs to examine. Are you being reasonable and realistic in your expectations? And is there true harm being caused to you - or are you just being inconvenienced?

This is a microwave society we live in. Most people aren't used to waiting for anything anymore.

And it hasn't been pointed out anywhere in this thread, but I will raise the point - once you finally are reunited - the time separated truly does melt away. It may not seem like it now, but it does.

And when it does, will you still be as 'interested' in stirring the troops - or in helping others get what they need? Or will you fade off into the immigration sunset until your own next personal situation crops up? It might be a harsh question, but self-examination is never easy.

Filed: Timeline
And when it does, will you still be as 'interested' in stirring the troops - or in helping others get what they need? Or will you fade off into the immigration sunset until your own next personal situation crops up? It might be a harsh question, but self-examination is never easy

Timeline

I work with disabled Veterans everyday so I know all about 'bigger' issues. I have thirteen years of experience in working with 'disadvantaged' individuals of all sorts. So, yes, I'll be here for the long haul. Thank you for your comments.

09-17-08- Married

I work with disabled Veterans everyday so I know all about 'bigger' issues. I have thirteen years of experience in working with 'disadvantaged' individuals of all sorts. So, yes, I'll be here for the long haul. Thank you for your comments.

That's really good to know.

So.....how would you rate what those disabled Vets experience everyday compared to your situation?

Are their problems permanent or temporary?

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Timeline

So.....how would you rate what those disabled Vets experience everyday compared to your situation?

:whistle:

Not to mention how working with Vets that has NOTHING to do with the (original) topic.

Timeline

Not to mention how working with Vets that has NOTHING to do with the (original) topic.

True, it's been 'off topic' for a while now-->although not my doing. Sorry about that.

Let's get things BACK on track.......shall we?

How are those approvals coming?

09-17-08- Married

Timeline
True, it's been 'off topic' for a while now-->although not my doing. Sorry about that.

The topic is fighting back against THE MAN....? Or so your post says?

I don't remember using those exact words....but whatev. :unsure:

09-17-08- Married

Yeah, working with Veterans may not be the topic, but it's good for introspection.

Wendy, how do those poor dudes and the stuff you see each day - how does that compare with your immigration challenges?

PS- For the record I see in your timeline you have experienced a difficult situation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

It really saddens me that some of the older members of VJ find 'newbies', in general it seems, so unbearable. This isn't the first board lately that this sentiment has been expressed. And you are fully within your rights to express any opinion you wish.

I, for one, have found these discussion boards to be a fantastic source of information because of the experience of others; older members who have seen the process in its entirety and also relatively new members who might be at the same stage of the process as me. Each of us has some common ground and I appreciate being able to learn from others and also being able to share what can otherwise be a very lonely process. I'm sure we do post some stupid questions at times, but we're new to a rather complicated process and we need guidance from those more experienced than us. As we read, learn and experience the process for ourselves I'm sure many of us will pass on the information we have gained here onto others. Thanks to those of you who have completed the process and have stuck around to help others. You are doing an incredible thing. Thanks also to those of you at any stage of your visa application who are passing on vital information you have learned from your experience.

Trawling through the boards and attempting to analyse data from timelines I have noticed the people who are 'stuck' in the system, seemingly impotent to do anything to move their application along. Including contacting congress representatives. People separated from their husbands, wives, children for years. Parents who have never seen their children in the flesh. I feel so bad for them and I feel that we all, approved or waiting to be approved should be noticing these people and trying en masse to at least care and do something to make the politicians aware of the apparent glitches in the system. Whether this is by writing correspondence or doing as Rebeccajo suggested. Something has to be done about this at least. What kind of glitch in the system can put someone in a situation where they are waiting upwards of a year for approval?

I knew when I embarked on this process that it might take six to nine months and I'm prepared for that. The problem is, there is absolutely no guarantee that we all will be approved within that time and that, I think, is what people fear. We are checking for NOA1's and NOA2's out of fear our applications will get tied up in the system seemingly forever without action.

I think part of the problem is that this is, for the most part at least, a privately funded public service. Individuals expecting guarantees on a service they are paying for. However, this is not a situation where quick turnover can be guaranteed. Security post 9/11 aside, each application is individual and some are more complex than others. But, some guarantee can be made. I don't think anyone (particularly those with spouses and children) should be waiting on an NOA2 after a year in the system. That is unacceptable in my opinion.

I'm prepared to take the advice of those more experienced and be patient. But, I also think that people outside of the process (including politicians) will never really know about those who are stuck in the system unless someone tells them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.