U.S. Wendy

Are you fed up with USCIS yet?

185 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
My apologies - apparently I misunderstood.

thank you

no problem :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:o woah people play nice! I think its a wonderful thing when there is motivation to get involved with the process. There is something to be said about looking at the overall picture to pick your battles.

Just a quick example - USCIS loses.mail.all.the.time. You would think some kind of mechanism would be employed to ensure people receive their paperwork - or say a greencard? Talk about identity theft! How about just sending it certified? So easily remedied! There are so many nuances in this process that could easily be changed by talking to lobbyist groups supporting such.

In the group I belong to we have a campaign to send flowers from every member to the FBI. Our concern is not for our own individual cases, but because namechecks can take years while the immigrant sits in the country. Makes no logical sense for "national security". We want attention - so we are gonna "kill 'em with kindness" aka. bouquets!

*puts mod hat back on*

Please forgo the sarcastic replies/insults/etc. Conversation is a great tool! Many members here can put you in touch with some groups who are furthering some part of the process. :star:

Filed: Timeline
This is not a re-invention of the wheel.... :no:

Last year with the IMBRA RFE, many of us had no answers for weeks/months. We talked about protesting, we wrote letters, we contacted our congresspeople.

One VJer had a quite a big story (about the wait times for immigration) write up by AP that got picked up for national use. Didn't make a difference either way though.

post about story

Thats why.

No, that is so all these super excited letter writers get a dose of reality. And that ran as a national story.

I wrote my congressperson in Cali (about the immigration bill) & had constant phone contact with my Senator in Ohio (about IMBRA). I educate my friends & others about immigration & how much it needs to change. I read up on current legislation for immigration as well. What did/do you do?

Edited by devilette

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Last year with the IMBRA RFE, many of us had no answers for weeks/months. We talked about protesting, we wrote letters, we contacted our congresspeople.

One VJer had a quite a big story (about the wait times for immigration) write up by AP that got picked up for national use. Didn't make a difference either way though.

post about story

Thats why.

No, that is so all these super excited letter writers get a dose of reality. And that ran as a national story.

I wrote my congressperson in Cali (about the immigration bill) & had constant phone contact with my Senator in Ohio (about IMBRA). I educate my friends & others about immigration & how much it needs to change. I read up on current legislation for immigration as well. What did/do you do?

Sorry if I offended you. I just got the impression that you don't think people should continue to bother in lobbying for reform.

To answer your questions. Well, I haven't written to anyone in Cali or Ohio, but I have in NY - Congressman Higgins and Sens. Clinton and Schumer. I too constantly educate people about the immigration process since I have learned so much in my research over the last year. People are amazed at how many hoops we have to jump through, and how long and drawn out the process is. And I keep up on the overall immigration issue as much as I can.

Regardless of whether or not this particualr battle is won, I still think its a war worth fighting.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

post about story

Thats why.

Sorry if I offended you. I just got the impression that you don't think people should continue to bother in lobbying for reform.

To answer your questions. Well, I haven't written to anyone in Cali or Ohio, but I have in NY - Congressman Higgins and Sens. Clinton and Schumer. I too constantly educate people about the immigration process since I have learned so much in my research over the last year. People are amazed at how many hoops we have to jump through, and how long and drawn out the process is. And I keep up on the overall immigration issue as much as I can.

Regardless of whether or not this particualr battle is won, I still think its a war worth fighting.

I'd start writing people outside of NY, then. Clinton and Schumer are useless. (And don't take that as me thinking letter writing is useless.)

If you're from NYC though, it's possible they might care. Just a little. :lol:

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

.... I educate my friends & others about immigration & how much it needs to change. I read up on current legislation for immigration as well. What did/do you do?

:thumbs: :thumbs:

In all seriousness, I think a peaceful march would be noticed. Maybe not actually get anything done, but be noticed enough to have a small write up in the press. Besides, marches are fun.

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Rising over what? Over the last few weeks since the fee increase?

Take a look at how processing times have IMPROVED over the last two to three years.

Rome wasn't built in a day."

Rebecca,

I guess you were not kidding in a follow-on post about being sarcastic. Out of all the things I said it my post, you keyed in on one thing--rising timelines, and did not say one positive thing about any of the rest of it. I appreciate those that have stayed in this forum and helped others along and provided constructive criticism with mutual respect, but not those that think their role in here is to "give a dose of reality to others." Many of us newer members know more about Government and immigration than some veteran VJers may think. By the way, I was mainly referring to the VJ chart at

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ge=k1historical

labeled I-129F NOA 1 to NOA2 @ VSC for K1 VISAS where it clearly shows a large rise in times beginning around Apr/May each month through now. I would like to thank you for all the posts you have made in VJs as I am sure you have provided some useful information to folks over the years. Also congratulations to all of you who have your loved ones now with you and hopefully you are having a wonderful life together.

Edited by Bill B

QUOTE(Bill B @ Sep 19 2007, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rebecca,

I guess you were not kidding in a follow-on post about being sarcastic. Out of all the things I said it my post, you keyed in on one thing--rising timelines, and did not say one positive thing about any of the rest of it. I appreciate those that have stayed in this forum and helped others along and provided constructive criticism with mutual respect, but not those that think their role in here is to "give a dose of reality to others." Many of us newer members know more about Government and immigration than some veteran VJers may think. By the way, I was mainly referring to the VJ chart at

labeled I-129F NOA 1 to NOA2 @ VSC for K1 VISAS where it clearly shows a large rise in times beginning around Apr/May each month through now. I would like to thank you for all the posts you have made in VJs as I am sure you have provided some useful information to folks over the years. Also congratulations to all of you who have your loved ones now with you and hopefully you are having a wonderful life together.

Assuming you read that page you linked...you would see that OVERALL things are the same (processing time comparison chart). Obviously over the last few months things are different as they are merging 4 service centers to 2, along with the increase in apps to beat the fees. That means VSC will SHARE THE LOAD NOW whereas before CSC had apps from 3 centers going to them. But I assume you knew that already as an educated newbie, right?

Signed, a reality check

Edited by devilette

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
QUOTE(Bill B @ Sep 19 2007, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rebecca,

Assuming you read that page you linked...you would see that OVERALL things are the same (processing time comparison chart). Obviously over the last few months things are different as they are merging 4 service centers to 2, along with the increase in apps to beat the fees. That means VSC will SHARE the load whereas before CSC had apps from 3 centers going to them. But I assume you knew that already as an educated newbie.

Signed, a reality check

excellent point,

so for an answer on processing times in easy terms:

there used to be 4 service centers doing the petitions

there are now 2

so CSC and the other one now have double the work load

therefore, longer processing times

complaining about it is not going to make them reopen the other 2 centers for petition approvals

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Assuming you read that page you linked...you would see that OVERALL things are the same (processing time comparison chart). Obviously over the last few months things are different as they are merging 4 service centers to 2, along with the increase in apps to beat the fees. That means VSC will SHARE THE LOAD NOW whereas before CSC had apps from 3 centers going to them. But I assume you knew that already as an educated newbie, right?

Signed, a reality check

since pushbrk isn't here to do it, should I say here that they're 'petitions', not 'applications'? ;)

*a learning n00b*

Edited by StillThePrettiest

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One point that is being overlooked here is that while you are stagnating in the process of waiting - whether it is a long or short time respectively, it ALL feels long to you personally. It is the sense of helplessness - of being at someone else's beck and call, and having no recourse even to find out an honest status update - that also eats away at you. I went through the K-1 portion of this virtually alone - just my then fiance/now husband and me - as I hadn't discovered VJ yet. We wrote letters, we phoned, we sent emails, we visited congressmen. Did it work? Nope - not until the file moved the Montreal, then we got nice responses. Did it help? Absolutely! It was Something - Anything! - that we could do to help us retain our sanity during this at times ridiculously bureaucratic process, to feel that there might be some forward motion while enduring the wait.

So, yes, write your letters, phone who you need to phone, email where you need to email. It may or may not get attention; it may or may not get action; but it WILL make you feel better and help you survive the process with some of your sanity still intact.

Good luck to you all.

(btw - I LOVE the idea of sending flowers - now that definitely gets noticed)

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Signed, a reality check

since pushbrk isn't here to do it, should I say here that they're 'petitions', not 'applications'? ;)

*a learning n00b*

OMG

its a piece of flippin paper, who cares what someone calls it

now this is getting more childish by the min

One point that is being overlooked here is that while you are stagnating in the process of waiting - whether it is a long or short time respectively, it ALL feels long to you personally. It is the sense of helplessness - of being at someone else's beck and call, and having no recourse even to find out an honest status update - that also eats away at you. I went through the K-1 portion of this virtually alone - just my then fiance/now husband and me - as I hadn't discovered VJ yet. We wrote letters, we phoned, we sent emails, we visited congressmen. Did they work? Nope - not until the file moved the Montreal, then we got nice responses. Did the letters, emails, visits help? Absolutely! It was Something - Anything! - that we could do to help us retain our sanity during this at times ridiculously bureaucratic process, to feel that there might be some forward motion while enduring the wait.

So, yes, write your letters, phone who you need to phone, email where you need to email. It may or may not get attention; it may or may not get action; but it WILL make you feel better and help you survive the process with some of your sanity still intact.

Good luck to you all.

I think the biggest prob happened when some members said writing a letter wouldnt help. indeed everyone has a right to say what they think, but bc it wasnt what some members wanted to hear it got ugly.

anywho i agree with you on the upper part

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

*a learning n00b*

'General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing'

The I-129f is a petition but supporting documents make it an application. The dictionary is handy!

Edited by devilette

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

*a learning n00b*

ap·pli·ca·tion

–noun

a form to be filled out by an applicant, as for a job or a driver's license.

hehehehe picky, picky, picky! I am sure he appreciates the assistance in keeping us all on the straight and narrow :D (this is being said with humour and a smile, just in case anyone is concerned . . .)

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

*a learning n00b*

The I-129f is a petition but supporting documents make it an application. The dictionary is handy!

:lol:

thats why we advice reading the guides

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.