U.S. Wendy

Are you fed up with USCIS yet?

185 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mods: please lock the thread it has become a train wreck and it will never be on the tracks again.

Letter writers: Good luck

Non Letter writers: There are other posts in the forums that need your responses.

:alien:

Ramos

da thread killa

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods: please lock the thread it has become a train wreck and it will never be on the tracks again.

Letter writers: Good luck

Non Letter writers: There are other posts in the forums that need your responses.

:alien:

Ramos

Please merge the three simultaneous threads first and then lock it.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Other Timeline
rebeccajo: the UTMOST respect, but that's YOUR issue, and I've seen you say it more than once, and I just don't see why it's relevant here

is there a reason not to write the letters?

could the content of the letter, or the list of recipients, be improved in some way?

if so, please elucidate

if not, why are we still talking about people's emotions? it's just not relevant

(PS using phrases like 'your little problem' and similar comes across as massively condescending, so I for one would appreciate a little less of that. Thanking you kindly in advance).

You'll also note I said I have a few little problems of my own. So there was no 'condescension' intended. I take some time when I post. Read me to get me or you might miss me. I'm sarcastic.

I'm talking about emotions because - if you're not emotional - why would you be caring if it takes longer THAN YOU THINK IT SHOULD for something to happen on your case? If there are members here who can tell you FACTS based upon their experience, and you don't accept the facts, then that is EMOTION taking over. Especially when it lowers itself to insulting people because they happened to have a bit more luck than you are presently having.

Please note - when I use the word 'you' I am not referring to you personally. I'm speaking in generalities about individual reactions.

I vote we make rebeccajo, the VJ grandma!!!

Your a straight shooter Rebeccajo, you have earned my respect for that, but you have to be a little nice sometimes :D

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar, but then again do we want all those flies? lol

Humbly,

Ramos

No I don't. ;)

I get lots of honey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

thank you for the reply

I read you, and I got you; I just don't happen to think sarcasm is the best way to keep things on track, or people feeling calm; I think it stirs things up unnecessarily, and adds to the impression of condescension, which results in people feeling annoyed; I would have thought that we'd be going out of our way to make the discussion positive, rather than otherwise (certainly I am trying to do so, which is why I deleted two replies before the one I posted)

the reasoning behind the letters, as far as I understood it, was not to bewail the fact that this is taking longer than anyone thinks it should, but rather to ask for a certain degree more information; to me the two are very different aims

I agree that insults, going in ANY direction, are regrettable and needless

but again I'd say, I don't think that's the issue at hand

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

thank you for the reply

I read you, and I got you; I just don't happen to think sarcasm is the best way to keep things on track, or people feeling calm; I think it stirs things up unnecessarily, and adds to the impression of condescension, which results in people feeling annoyed; I would have thought that we'd be going out of our way to make the discussion positive, rather than otherwise (certainly I am trying to do so, which is why I deleted two replies before the one I posted)

the reasoning behind the letters, as far as I understood it, was not to bewail the fact that this is taking longer than anyone thinks it should, but rather to ask for a certain degree more information; to me the two are very different aims

I agree that insults, going in ANY direction, are regrettable and needless

but again I'd say, I don't think that's the issue at hand

I'm not opposed to the letter writing. I'm just not sure it's effective.

When I first came on VJ, things were a lot more 'casual'. If you think I'm sarcastic, you should have met tom90217 (I probably have that wrong) or some of the others who are now absent. Maybe we were just allowing a bit more room for each others personalities - I dunno.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
I vote we make rebeccajo, the VJ grandma!!!

Your a straight shooter Rebeccajo, you have earned my respect for that, but you have to be a little nice sometimes :D

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar, but then again do we want all those flies? lol

Humbly,

Ramos

No I don't. ;)

I get lots of honey.

i agree, she doesnt HAVE to be nice, none of us do. and as far as us NON LETTER WRITERS, we are aware there are other threads to post in, this is one of those. we surely dont need anyones permission to post ANYWHERE, and seeing (as said many times before) this is a public forum, you cant pick and choose the responses you want to read.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

I don't think ANYONE's sure it's effective; I think people just want to take some action, beyond having a whinge on an internet forum... I work in international campaigning at the moment, and I've lost count of the times people have told me something we're doing is just not going to be effective... sometimes they're right; sometimes they're spectacularly wrong, and in any case, I'd rather be part of the solution than part of the problem in that regard

and perhaps I'm glad I wasn't here then... I always find it interesting how these sorts of things get put down to people's 'personalities'; strange how these personalities never seem to include natural politeness, or even some self-restraint... ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Timeline

<HANDS OUT CHILL PILLS AND FLAVORED DRINKS TO EVERYONE>

Selling hugs for 1 USD each :jest:

lighten up people, if your that passionate, use some of that energy and go volunteer.

Ramos

p.s. I'm a sponge, bring it.

da thread killa

Timeline
i agree, she doesnt HAVE to be nice, none of us do. and as far as us NON LETTER WRITERS, we are aware there are other threads to post in, this is one of those. we surely dont need anyones permission to post ANYWHERE, and seeing (as said many times before) this is a public forum, you cant pick and choose the responses you want to read.

oh, so 'I'm allowed to be in the sand box and you can't make me leave, la la la la I can't hear you'?

ok, whatever floats your boat

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Timeline

Stillthepretties..... hey that was directed towards me, don't be stealing my flames thank you very much. BTW your tag is a little weird, just to let you know.

Ramos

:protest::guides::time:

da thread killa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
Stillthepretties..... hey that was directed towards me, don't be stealing my flames thank you very much. BTW your tag is a little weird, just to let you know.

Ramos

:protest::guides::time:

Thats another prob, you will get responses like mine and becca's bc as you just stated in your responce you are already planning to flame.

if you focus more on LEARNING the immigration process, and less flaming and attacking members who dont AGREE with you, things may have gone smoother in this thread :thumbs: good luck on your journey, i will not waste more time on anyone who already knows everything and who doesnt take advice when its out there :)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

:lol:

I have been thru part of the process, hehe talk about someone not doing their homework.

I have officially now hijacked this thread now, somehow.

Ramos

p.s. who did I attack? :confused:

Edited by ramos96

da thread killa

I don't think ANYONE's sure it's effective; I think people just want to take some action, beyond having a whinge on an internet forum... I work in international campaigning at the moment, and I've lost count of the times people have told me something we're doing is just not going to be effective... sometimes they're right; sometimes they're spectacularly wrong, and in any case, I'd rather be part of the solution than part of the problem in that regard

and perhaps I'm glad I wasn't here then... I always find it interesting how these sorts of things get put down to people's 'personalities'; strange how these personalities never seem to include natural politeness, or even some self-restraint... ;)

See? This is what I mean.

Go on. Have a go at me. At least I didn't do that to you.

And that's MY personality talking.

Filed: Timeline

And so the newbie entitlement issue continues.

Only now the value of a VJer's response is solely based on how quickly they got your NOA2. :lol::lol:

Boy is that sad that you can't even acknowledge older member's advice, who have GONE THROUGH IT already & may actually have something to say. Something you could learn from. God forbid they got their NOA2 fast! What if their AOS took 2 years, does that make their opinions more valid?

Edited by devilette

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.