U.S. Wendy

Are you fed up with USCIS yet?

185 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Id love to know where the USCIS is misinforming ppl. Not to mention there are GUIDES on this site to READ for information. if more ppl read the GUIDES, there would be less misunderstandings on alot of things.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have to say this since no one else has!!!

Cant we all just get along..... Rodney King

To the newbies: You all are going to have to wait like the rest of us did, so unless you are an congressman/woman with direct oversight of the funding for the USCIS, sit yer azz down in the bus like the rest of us and enjoy your ride.

To the Old folks like me WHO have been thru some of the process:

Lord forgive them all for they know not what they do - Jesus of Nazereth

We need to be a little more patient and guide them to things like the FREAKIN TIMELINES so they get it thru THEIR Thick SKULL, "WoW im gonna have to wait, im not special, im just an american"

Humbly,

Ramos

:devil:

Edited by ramos96

da thread killa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
I have to say this since no one else has!!!

Cant we all just get along..... Rodney King

To the newbies: You all are going to have to wait like the rest of us did, so unless you are an congressman/woman with direct oversight of the funding for the USCIS, sit yer azz down in the bus like the rest of us and enjoy your ride.

To the Old folks like me WHO have been thru some of the process:

Lord forgive them all for they know not what they do - Jesus of Nazereth

We need to be a little more patient and guide them to things like the FREAKIN TIMELINES so they get it thru THEIR Thick SKULL, "WoW im gonna have to wait, im not special, im just an american"

Humbly,

Ramos

:devil:

i agree, the part that annoys me is when we try to help, or give advice, we are attacked. no matter what we say to a new member, unless its what they want to hear, we will get attacked.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

Agreed Iones,

People who are new to the process NEED to read the guides and LISTEN to people who have been thru the process. ONCE you as someone who is NEW has been thru a particular section of the process then you should provide that experience to others, examples: ADDing to the guides, providing advice to OTHER NEW people, like MOST of us do.

U.S. Wendy your hope is admirable you are NOT to be faulted, but YOU need to be realistic, I'm sorry but life is like that, learn that now or you will have other problems in your life, people BEFORE you have had to wait and now you will also have to wait. Im sorry you dont like the process, suck it up the rest of us did.

Humbly,

Ramos

p.s. Letters will do nothing but KILL more trees, that the world already needs for oxygen and I'm not even a naturalist and I understand that. As an American, I intend to do what will matter, listen to the candidates and see which is lying the least and CAST my VOTE for HOPEFULLY someone that might change things a LITTLE bit. I urge everyone else if they can VOTE, please do so.

Edited by ramos96

da thread killa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
Agreed Iones,

People who are new to the process NEED to read the guides and LISTEN to people who have been thru the process. ONCE you as someone who is NEW has been thru a particular section of the process then you should provide that experience to others, examples: ADDing to the guides, providing advice to OTHER NEW people, like MOST of us do.

U.S. Wendy your hope is admirable you are NOT to be faulted, but YOU need to be realistic, I'm sorry but life is like that, learn that now or you will have other problems in your life, people BEFORE you have had to wait and now you will also have to wait. Im sorry you dont like the process, suck it up the rest of us did.

Humbly,

Ramos

p.s. Letters will do nothing but KILL more trees, that the world already needs for oxygen and I'm not even a naturalist and I understand that. As an American, I intend to do what will matter, listen to the candidates and see which is lying the least and CAST my VOTE for HOPEFULLY someone that might change things a LITTLE bit. I urge everyone else if they can VOTE, please do so.

:thumbs:

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I think the current timelines and delays are acceptable considering the massive and daunting task facing the USCIS, DOS, DHS, and FBI. I hope few people will fight to lower overall security and soverignty for a one-time temporal gain.

Good to know someone that received their NOA2 in 36 days can call this "current timeline" acceptable. :whistle:

haha, :jest::jest::jest::jest::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Maybe we should have just kept this in the other thread :wacko:

I understand where everyone is coming from and I believe that, for the most part, people have good intentions with their suggestions but we all have different opinions. Rebeccajo has given us a different approach as to how to do this which I very much appreciate and agree with.

We know that USCIS is not going to bow down and do our bidding. We know that processing times are not going to magically go down. We know that our senators/congresspeople will probably throw the letters into their 'disgruntled constituent' pile. But we won't know unless we try. That is all we are doing, trying.

My question: is there something inherently wrong with writing letters? Some think it will be helpful and others not. Well, it won't hurt to try will it? If it doesn't work then....oh well. If it does work then good for us. Why all the ridicule? All the comments about newbies not knowing anything and needing to be schooled. Personally my immigration experience here is NOTHING compared to what I have had to deal with. I joined this site in April 2007 but have dealt with US immigration and immigration from 2 other countries for a long time. My longevity here should not be a gauge as to my level of experience dealing with immigration.

As for the attacking, it needs to stop on both sides. Attacking each other is not going to help anything and this is not newbies vs veterans. We saw some issues we wanted addressed and thought that letter writing was the best way to address them. If you have something constructive to say, pro or con, then by all means feel free to voice it.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

I think I have done that thank you :D

Please feel free and write all the letters you wish.

People who have been on the site a while have nothing to gauge what we may consider new people by other than their questions and the "Joined:" from date. So that is WHAT I go by when responding to someone here, that is my reference and probably for a lot of other people. So I appreciate your past experiences but now you are here on THIS site and YOUR "Joined" date is your reference date for people who DONT know anything about you, so please understand and respect that, and if you are doing that already then you know what I am trying to tell you.

ITS the INTERNET people you have to take it with a grain of salt and grow some thick skin.

Humbly,

Ramos

da thread killa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Maybe we should have just kept this in the other thread :wacko:

I understand where everyone is coming from and I believe that, for the most part, people have good intentions with their suggestions but we all have different opinions. Rebeccajo has given us a different approach as to how to do this which I very much appreciate and agree with.

We know that USCIS is not going to bow down and do our bidding. We know that processing times are not going to magically go down. We know that our senators/congresspeople will probably throw the letters into their 'disgruntled constituent' pile. But we won't know unless we try. That is all we are doing, trying.

My question: is there something inherently wrong with writing letters? Some think it will be helpful and others not. Well, it won't hurt to try will it? If it doesn't work then....oh well. If it does work then good for us. Why all the ridicule? All the comments about newbies not knowing anything and needing to be schooled. Personally my immigration experience here is NOTHING compared to what I have had to deal with. I joined this site in April 2007 but have dealt with US immigration and immigration from 2 other countries for a long time. My longevity here should not be a gauge as to my level of experience dealing with immigration.

As for the attacking, it needs to stop on both sides. Attacking each other is not going to help anything and this is not newbies vs veterans. We saw some issues we wanted addressed and thought that letter writing was the best way to address them. If you have something constructive to say, pro or con, then by all means feel free to voice it.

i Agree

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I think I have done that thank you :D

Please feel free and write all the letters you wish.

People who have been on the site a while have nothing to gauge what we may consider new people by other than their questions and the "Joined:" from date. So that is WHAT I go by when responding to someone here, that is my reference and probably for a lot of other people. So I appreciate your past experiences but now you are here on THIS site and YOUR "Joined" date is your reference date for people who DONT know anything about you, so please understand and respect that, and if you are doing that already then you know what I am trying to tell you.

ITS the INTERNET people you have to take it with a grain of salt and grow some thick skin.

Humbly,

Ramos

I understand that. I normally could care less about that because I think in a lot of cases it is true. But I think that concept of "newbies knowing no better" has been thrown around a lot here.

I just wanted to make sure, for people reading this thread, that not all of us who want to write the letters are new to this whole mess of immigration.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by ZeeNusah

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Timeline

As far as attacks go, the thing that really gets my goat is for somebody to even REMOTELY infer members who had a quick NOA2 'just don't understand'.

For those of you who feel that way, let me give you a reality check.

SOME OF US got quick approvals but we have stayed in this community anyway and tried to help those around us. We didn't just blow in here, suck out all the information we could get to help our case, and disappear as soon as we were reunited, only to turn up again when we have a problem with the next stage of immigration. We wouldn't keep posting here if we didn't care about those around us.

Even though I've been here nearly 3 years, I don't expect people to bow down and kiss my feet, or agree with everything I say.

But if you are thinking I don't understand what you are going through with your case, that I don't 'get' your problem, or can't relate because I haven't been there myself - well that's just bull$hit. If I didn't care I wouldn't still be here! I get sick to my eyeballs of being criticized or scolded around here for not patting people on their little heads. I'm a tough little lady who's lived longer than most of you. I've been around the block a time or two and I still came out alive and happy for it. Nobody paved my streets with gold or spoon-fed me - I had to take responsibility for my life, my family, and when I decided I was in love with an Irishman, I had to take personal responsibility for his immigration and for our case.

I like people and I care about people. It's about that simple. I don't have to walk a mile in your shoes to understand your little problem because I've got a few little problems of my own. Most days it make me feel a little bit less overwhelmed by my own 'deals' if I help people with theirs. But I'm not going to keep spinning my wheels around here for those of you won't give something back to this community besides your own heartburn.

Take responsibility for your case. Stop looking for spoon-fed answers. Stop looking for somebody to 'fix' your own issues. Read, research and learn. And don't just 'take'. Give back.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

rebeccajo: the UTMOST respect, but that's YOUR issue, and I've seen you say it more than once, and I just don't see why it's relevant here

is there a reason not to write the letters?

could the content of the letter, or the list of recipients, be improved in some way?

if so, please elucidate

if not, why are we still talking about people's emotions? it's just not relevant

(PS using phrases like 'your little problem' and similar comes across as massively condescending, so I for one would appreciate a little less of that. Thanking you kindly in advance).

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Timeline

I vote we make rebeccajo, the VJ grandma!!!

Your a straight shooter Rebeccajo, you have earned my respect for that, but you have to be a little nice sometimes :D

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar, but then again do we want all those flies? lol

Humbly,

Ramos

da thread killa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.