U.S. Wendy

Are you fed up with USCIS yet?

185 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Ok lets get this into persepective, its NOT just about the WAIT. Its about lack of Information, incorrect information.....

I understand that they are working hard to get us approved...my issues isn't the actual DELAY...but when you call they can tell you NOTHING.. Come on...and then when they do, it conflicts...or isn't accurate. In addition....there IS a substantial delay...ALL I want to know is WHY...what is being done to correct it and a time frame for movement again...I don't want miracles...just answers....

INFORMATION PLEASE....

Read. Research. Learn about the process over the course of time. Form your own opinion rather than having them spoon-feed you one.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
If you all want to write letters, that's great. But before you do, I'd suggest you research immigration a bit more and discover some of the TRUE hardships out there caused by the process.

Like people waiting five years or more for citizenship. Or K2 age-outs. Or parents and loved ones dying before an immigrant visa number is available for them.

There are things more hurtful than not having your NOA1. After you understand this, then do something more than write letters. Give money to immigrant lobby groups who can make a true difference on the Hill. Or better yet, travel to the Hill with a group of concerned citizens.

\

I soo agree with this statement..this isn't just about us...its about the entire process and lack of information for all. Its even harder to wait when you can't get answers or know what is going on. A simple entry into a computer is all it would take. I just want to know WHY the slow down and what is being done..its about communication...but not just about us...if we make it about us...we will get nowhere...its about ALL those waiting months, and years.....

B)-->

QUOTE(Bill B @ Sep 19 2007, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, the title of the thread was "Are you fed up with USCIS yet?, Take Action NOW!!!!" It was obviously directed for people who are unhappy with the current service given by USCIS. I considered the people on this site as people who shared a common bond. It is inappropriate to attack someone on the board for trying to lead an effort to get their fiancee or wife with them as soon as possible, or at least help others behind them. The fact is that we are citizens living in a free country where many of our ancestors immigrated to America and now we are trying to follow the current legal processes to get our loved ones here. While we do this in a legal fashion, thousands cross our boarders illegally monthly. They get here and in many cases find ways to spend their whole lives here without waiting, without paying taxes. We are paying USCIS a fee for a service, if it isn't enough of a fee to get faster or priority service, then they should raise the fee or establish an avenue for those willing to pay for expedited service. It seems unfair to me to process a work VISA for someone entering our country faster than a loved one of a US citizen. Sure you can disagree and say something like, "we have critical shortages in nurses" or something along those lines...I still disagree with the premise. Has anyone seen the corruption behind those from poor countries coming to the US on these work VISAs? Phoney agent fees, false college degrees, etc. Anyway I digress, back to the topic, taking action versus sitting idly by. I don't think anybody expected those of you with your loved ones already with you to take action. And nobody surely ever thought you would criticize the effort. I think those writing the letters got the point; you either think it will get no where or you disagree for some other reason. Disagreement is one thing, let's not stoop to attacking each other though on these boards. Processing times at the Service Centers have been rising for some time now. Those that elect to attempt actions to improve the situation should be thanked by those who have a stake in the outcome. Those with no stake in the outcome should simply thank God they already endured the process and are now hopefully enjoying life with their loved ones.

Rising over what? Over the last few weeks since the fee increase?

Take a look at how processing times have IMPROVED over the last two to three years.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
U S Wendy, i admire your determination and #######...i wish you good luck...dean

I agree with this post.

I didn't experience too many problems with this whole process and, in my case, I felt it moved along quite rapidly. But, I have seen the horror stories of many and I feel for all of them who have different experiences.

I wish you well on this and on your journey.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

If you all want to write letters, that's great. But before you do, I'd suggest you research immigration a bit more and discover some of the TRUE hardships out there caused by the process.

Like people waiting five years or more for citizenship. Or K2 age-outs. Or parents and loved ones dying before an immigrant visa number is available for them.

There are things more hurtful than not having your NOA1. After you understand this, then do something more than write letters. Give money to immigrant lobby groups who can make a true difference on the Hill. Or better yet, travel to the Hill with a group of concerned citizens.

\

I soo agree with this statement..this isn't just about us...its about the entire process and lack of information for all. Its even harder to wait when you can't get answers or know what is going on. A simple entry into a computer is all it would take. I just want to know WHY the slow down and what is being done..its about communication...but not just about us...if we make it about us...we will get nowhere...its about ALL those waiting months, and years.....

Why do you care what THEY tell you? If you read historically and anecdotally about the system over the last few years (especially since 9/11) you'll learn a lot.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

so what action do you advise, Rebeccajo? none, or some? if some, what?

or is this about something else entirely? if so, perhaps a new thread would be in order...?

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

B)-->

Ok, the title of the thread was "Are you fed up with USCIS yet?, Take Action NOW!!!!" It was obviously directed for people who are unhappy with the current service given by USCIS. I considered the people on this site as people who shared a common bond. It is inappropriate to attack someone on the board for trying to lead an effort to get their fiancee or wife with them as soon as possible, or at least help others behind them. The fact is that we are citizens living in a free country where many of our ancestors immigrated to America and now we are trying to follow the current legal processes to get our loved ones here. .... We are paying USCIS a fee for a service, if it isn't enough of a fee to get faster or priority service, then they should raise the fee or establish an avenue for those willing to pay for expedited service. It seems unfair to me to process a work VISA for someone entering our country faster than a loved one of a US citizen. Sure you can disagree and say something like, "we have critical shortages in nurses" or something along those lines...I still disagree with the premise. Has anyone seen the corruption behind those from poor countries coming to the US on these work VISAs? Phoney agent fees, false college degrees, etc. Anyway I digress, back to the topic, taking action versus sitting idly by. I don't think anybody expected those of you with your loved ones already with you to take action. And nobody surely ever thought you would criticize the effort. I think those writing the letters got the point; you either think it will get no where or you disagree for some other reason. Disagreement is one thing, let's not stoop to attacking each other though on these boards. Processing times at the Service Centers have been rising for some time now. Those that elect to attempt actions to improve the situation should be thanked by those who have a stake in the outcome. Those with no stake in the outcome should simply thank God they already endured the process and are now hopefully enjoying life with their loved ones.

Very well said, Bill B.

K1

------------------------------------

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

so what action do you advise, Rebeccajo? none, or some? if some, what?

or is this about something else entirely? if so, perhaps a new thread would be in order...?

What do I advise?

Learn. Don't just bellyache and make it about mycase, mycase, mycase. Learn and read about the process - how it works and why. How it is evolving. How is has been influenced by world events. Develop sympathy for others in the process - REAL SYMPATHY - not just pounding on a keyboard or spending 'fifteen minutes' on a letter that your Senator has seen 1000 times before. Give money to groups that matter. Work on reforms.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

B)-->

Ok, the title of the thread was "Are you fed up with USCIS yet?, Take Action NOW!!!!" It was obviously directed for people who are unhappy with the current service given by USCIS. I considered the people on this site as people who shared a common bond. It is inappropriate to attack someone on the board for trying to lead an effort to get their fiancee or wife with them as soon as possible, or at least help others behind them. The fact is that we are citizens living in a free country where many of our ancestors immigrated to America and now we are trying to follow the current legal processes to get our loved ones here. While we do this in a legal fashion, thousands cross our boarders illegally monthly. They get here and in many cases find ways to spend their whole lives here without waiting, without paying taxes. We are paying USCIS a fee for a service, if it isn't enough of a fee to get faster or priority service, then they should raise the fee or establish an avenue for those willing to pay for expedited service. It seems unfair to me to process a work VISA for someone entering our country faster than a loved one of a US citizen. Sure you can disagree and say something like, "we have critical shortages in nurses" or something along those lines...I still disagree with the premise. Has anyone seen the corruption behind those from poor countries coming to the US on these work VISAs? Phoney agent fees, false college degrees, etc. Anyway I digress, back to the topic, taking action versus sitting idly by. I don't think anybody expected those of you with your loved ones already with you to take action. And nobody surely ever thought you would criticize the effort. I think those writing the letters got the point; you either think it will get no where or you disagree for some other reason. Disagreement is one thing, let's not stoop to attacking each other though on these boards. Processing times at the Service Centers have been rising for some time now. Those that elect to attempt actions to improve the situation should be thanked by those who have a stake in the outcome. Those with no stake in the outcome should simply thank God they already endured the process and are now hopefully enjoying life with their loved ones.

Thanks for that.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As one of those who was caught up in the long time frames of 3 and 4 years ago (it took 197 days to get our I-129F approved), you have my full sympathies. I remember how helpless we felt - and actually, I belonged to another site prior to this one that involved visa processes at the TSC - the year before a group of irate petitioners had actually physically marched and protested outside of TSC to protest the year and more time frames for getting their petitions processed/approved. Fortunately, the Montreal Consulate was moving quickly back then so I didn't have the current 6 and 7 month waits for the interview after the process. Still, it was 11 months before I was able to move to the US after we filed for the K-1.

Since it also took 22 months to process our AOS (no RFEs, no known delays, no nothing) I fully appreciate the frustrations at all levels of this process. We have been in this process now for going on 4 1/2 years - and I still have 1/2 year to go before I can even apply to remove conditions. How long is that going to take? Who knows!

Yes, there is something consistently and inherently 'broken' with the system currently used by USCIS for family based immigration processes. The recent fee increase was supposed to address the problems of under staffing and long delays - but so far it has only increased them rather substantially.

Send your letters, your faxes, your emails. Whether it accomplishes something or not, still, you are doing something - about the only thing left to you by this system - to forward your case with immigration. If nothing else, it will help you feel better.

I also fully agree that you should - we all should - be able to receive accurate information - even if it is 'there is nothing new on your file' - from the Immigration Call Center/Help line. That is one the biggest problems right there - they should at least ensure that the people who answer the phones know something about immigration rather than just reading a script.

Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Learn. Don't just bellyache and make it about mycase, mycase, mycase. Learn and read about the process - how it works and why. How it is evolving. How is has been influenced by world events.

I would recommend reviewing the Ombudsman's reports and recommendations. These will show the problems that have already been identified and the plans for addressing those problems. Most will find that the complaints they have are currently well known and being addressed and tracked.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
No one told you not to send letters, we just dont care if you do or not, dont post these things if you dont want other ppls responces. unless you expecting everyone to jump for joy and call you wonderful

You do seem to care whether we do or not. Otherwise why post your opinion that it's useless? What is the point?

Oh :lol: i dont have to care in order to post anything :D

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Don't just bellyache and make it about mycase, mycase, mycase.

Did you even read the letter? I don't think it's saying mycase mycase mycase. It's asking for information to be given in general.

There will always be a worse case, something more tragic, more horrible. You don't have to ignore them, but you also don't have to start working on things from the top. I don't think there's anything wrong with attempting to fix smaller problems. If there is starvation on one continent or homeless people in one country due to a tsunami or what have you, it doesn't mean that I shouldn't try to do something for abused women in my community or whatever local problems are there.

K1

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

dont waste your time becca, they are newbies and they know better than anyone who has already been thru the process.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Do I hate misinformation and inaccuracies? Yes. But USCIS is only the beginning, NVC and DOS are not much better. What about the embassies? Why are some more difficult to get through than others? Shouldn't everyone be treated the same at the embassies? It just doesn't happen. Why can't any of these agencies have any sort of accountability?

As someone who kind of expected a less-than-30 day wait for NOA2 from VSC and got it at 94 days (I realize this is far less than most VJers who filed from April till now), being apart from your loved one hurts more and more every day. The helpless thought of not being able to do anything about it hurts. Not knowing what's going on or receiving wrong information about your case hurts. Being approved for your visa, and not having it in your hands and not knowing when you're going to get it sucks. Granted, my fiance and I have only been waiting for the visa for a week so far, but how quickly that week will turn into a month, and that month will turn into 2....etc. We've all been there and we're all still there. For those of you waiting since April, May for your NOA2---don't you feel the same as those of us who have it? I haven't seen my fiance in almost 6 months and the pain felt the same whether we had NOA1, 2, packet 3, whatever.

Unfortunately, it's going to take a lot more than letters to get government officials to notice. Even mass letters. Maybe mass suicide might turn some heads, but would it get anything done? Probably not much more than distracting our congressmen and senators during their lunch breaks.

Large marches and protests? I'd be all for it. Let's go block off a street in St. Albans and get arrested...and risk our petitions because of a police record.... At least then we could annoy some people like they annoy us. Or just prevent adjucators from getting to work on time. Let's block off a street in DC. NYC. Boston. Have protests done anything lately? This administration's made it pretty clear they will do what they want, when they want, and we'd better bend over and take it.

Come to think of it, mass suicide would work if more than 1000 of us did it (which is what, 1% of petitioners per year?). But none of us are willing to go that far because it just defeats the purpose of being with our loved ones.

Sorry to be all doom and gloom. Best of luck to you. And if someone organizes a march in NYC I'll probably be there.

Edited by the sparrow

Divorced. To hell with him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.