U.S. Wendy

Are you fed up with USCIS yet?

185 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Can you imagine ? NOA2 in 36 days!

I would be satisfied with the system too!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Met in person ,in China March 1 - 12 , 2007

Sent I-129F --------May 15, 2007

Received Date -----May 25, 2007

Check Cashed -----May 29, 2007

NOA1 ---------------July 9, July 9

Visited Yan --------- Oct. 11-23

NOA2 --------------- Oct. 17, 2007

USCIS sent to NVC -- Oct. 26, 2007

Received by NVC -- Nov. 2, 2007

NVC sent to GUZ -- Nov. 7, 2007

Received by GUZ --------- Jan. 14, 2008

GUZ sent P3 ------- Jan. 14, 2008

Sent Downloaded P3 forms to GUZ -- Jan. 26, 2008

GUZ received P3 ----- Feb. 4, 2008

P4 Sent ----- March 3, 2008

Interview Date ---- April 9, 2008

Received P4 ----- March 8, 2008

3rd Visit --- April 4 - 22, 2008

Interview Date ------April 9, 2008

BLUE

Overcome -- April 11, 2008

Picked up Visa -- April 16, 2008

Arrived in the U.S. -- April 30, 2008

MARRIED ----- May 25, 2008

Filed AOS/EAD ----- June 17, 2008

NOA -------------- June 30, 2008

NOA (Biometrics Appointment) -- July 2, 2008

Biometrics ---------------------July 14, 2008

"TOUCHED" --------------------July 18

RFE -----------------------------July 25, 2008

Case resumed ----------------- Aug 1, 2008

Transfered---------------------- Dec 9, 2008

EAD Card production ordered-Oct 29, 2008

Green Card production oredered- Feb 3, 2009

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I love the sound of newbies whining about their long waits in the morning.....

Wah.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Timeline

You think you have a long wait today..... just look back 3 years and see how long people were waiting then.... While any delays are hard on the people effected, USCIS is working faster than they did before, so there has been some improvment to the service...

The fee increase is ment to help speed things up even more but you have to be fair and give it time to improve.... new staff need to be hired and trained and the mass filling to beat the fee increase has to be cleared....

When you have waited years like some people then you would be justified in trying to take action...

Kez

Edited by Niagaenola

Filed: Other Timeline

Why does the length of time someone waited to receive NOA2 have anything to do with this?

Do you HONESTLY think that if a person gets a quick approval, they have NO empathy for others less fortunate?

Do you HONESTLY believe that just because ONE step of an immigrants visajourney is quick, that all the steps will be quick?

i never commented that a letter writing campaign would work. but im not going to begrudge someone doing it.

I don't begrudge the OP for doing it either. Just as I'd hope the OP wouldn't begrudge others for discussing the issue on...you know...a discussion board.

i merely responded to you stating tax payers were paying the USCIS, and that the triple fee increase was specifically to update their system and hire more staff.

And I conceded the point. You win...a cookie! :)

i agree, thats why i said he cant even weigh in on the issue. He has nothing to say on it.

It's a discussion board. Except for trolls I don't see how anyone's opinion is more valuable than another's. FWIW.

Maybe because many here are well over 120 days now and he received his NOA2 in 36 days. I see a little difference in the time...do you, or no? Of course he have give his opinion, but it holds no weight.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I for one understand the processing times, they are long and horrid, unfortunatly, and ive said it many times before, there is nothing anyone can do about it. you can email them, call them, protest them, whatever, it was our choice to marry a NON USC, it was our choice to immigrate them to the US. There is a process in doing what we chose to do, therefore we really dont have anything to complain over.

the fee increase i wouldnt understand and wont til comes time to life conditions. either way, i was raising a baby and a 10 yr old the time i applied for my husband and when not working bc on maternity leave, the fees even then were alot for me.

I just wish ppl would realise theres nothing that can be done, i understand the need to vent, we all need it, but to attack ppl when they give an opinion is outrageous and getting rediculous among newbies vs older members. and yes i mean newbies attacking older members when we try to advise them of stuff and they dont like what they hear. i mean, weve already been thru it, why attack. i never agree with JohnandMarlene, but this time i had to bc he hit it on the nail.

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Why does the length of time someone waited to receive NOA2 have anything to do with this?

Do you HONESTLY think that if a person gets a quick approval, they have NO empathy for others less fortunate?

Do you HONESTLY believe that just because ONE step of an immigrants visajourney is quick, that all the steps will be quick?

:thumbs: :thumbs:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I, for one, feel that if something is not working for me I need to do something to fix it. Who cares if it works or not. At least we have done something instead of sitting and complaining. Others may disagree but that is their opinion.

We may not be the first bunch of people to think about this and we may have no influence whatsoever on USCIS processing times and we may not get anyone to listen to us but at least we are trying something, anything.

I understand that there are going to be skeptics and those who think it won't make a difference...we want to see if we can.

And if all else fails at least I can say "I tried".

One thing is guaranteed: If you do nothing, nothing will change.

For those of you who think writing a letter is pointless, that's cool. You don't need to write a letter.

Do I think that my sending off a handful of letters is actually going to get me my NOA2 more quickly? I'm a pessimist. I doubt it. But I'm still going to send them. Ultimately, it's a few sheets of paper and some stamps and about 15 minutes of my time spent printing the stuff and getting it ready. So, why not? There's no hurt in trying. And on the tiny percentage that it does actually help, well, great. I did something, instead of sitting here saying "that will never work you; are all wasting your time". More time has been spent in this discussion bitching about how it won't work. As U.S. Wendy said, let's get back to the topic on hand. Let's start posting our progress, those of us who care to.

K1

------------------------------------

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

No one told you not to send letters, we just dont care if you do or not, dont post these things if you dont want other ppls responces. unless you expecting everyone to jump for joy and call you wonderful

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
No one told you not to send letters, we just dont care if you do or not, dont post these things if you dont want other ppls responces. unless you expecting everyone to jump for joy and call you wonderful

You do seem to care whether we do or not. Otherwise why post your opinion that it's useless? What is the point?

K1

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

what did JohnandMarlene 'hit on the nail'? that there's a ridiculous level of fear being sold to the American public, and people are buying into it?

good on all of you for getting in there and having a go... I agree with rae_and_scott; the chances of this making material difference are low, but they're not non-existent, and it certainly beats sitting around doing nothing

unless of course you're Homer Simpson:

'well kids; you tried, and you failed - the lesson is: never try'

:P

I suggested in the other thread as well - a short, more personalised version of the letter could be good to send to local papers; human interest stories and thwarted love stories are usually pretty popular ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Country: Wales
Timeline

Wendy, I am happy for you and jumping for joy lol!

I think what you are doing is really decent, and very constructive, at a time when lots of people just moan on and on and on...

..i find it refreshing..you do your thing girl and just ignore the haters :whistle: ..

Good Luck

Lily

Filed: Other Timeline

If you all want to write letters, that's great. But before you do, I'd suggest you research immigration a bit more and discover some of the TRUE hardships out there caused by the process.

Like people waiting five years or more for citizenship. Or K2 age-outs. Or parents and loved ones dying before an immigrant visa number is available for them.

There are things more hurtful than not having your NOA1. After you understand this, then do something more than write letters. Give money to immigrant lobby groups who can make a true difference on the Hill. Or better yet, travel to the Hill with a group of concerned citizens.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok lets get this into persepective, its NOT just about the WAIT. Its about lack of Information, incorrect information.....

I understand that they are working hard to get us approved...my issues isn't the actual DELAY...but when you call they can tell you NOTHING.. Come on...and then when they do, it conflicts...or isn't accurate. In addition....there IS a substantial delay...ALL I want to know is WHY...what is being done to correct it and a time frame for movement again...I don't want miracles...just answers....

INFORMATION PLEASE....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, the title of the thread was "Are you fed up with USCIS yet?, Take Action NOW!!!!" It was obviously directed for people who are unhappy with the current service given by USCIS. I considered the people on this site as people who shared a common bond. It is inappropriate to attack someone on the board for trying to lead an effort to get their fiancee or wife with them as soon as possible, or at least help others behind them. The fact is that we are citizens living in a free country where many of our ancestors immigrated to America and now we are trying to follow the current legal processes to get our loved ones here. While we do this in a legal fashion, thousands cross our boarders illegally monthly. They get here and in many cases find ways to spend their whole lives here without waiting, without paying taxes. We are paying USCIS a fee for a service, if it isn't enough of a fee to get faster or priority service, then they should raise the fee or establish an avenue for those willing to pay for expedited service. It seems unfair to me to process a work VISA for someone entering our country faster than a loved one of a US citizen. Sure you can disagree and say something like, "we have critical shortages in nurses" or something along those lines...I still disagree with the premise. Has anyone seen the corruption behind those from poor countries coming to the US on these work VISAs? Phoney agent fees, false college degrees, etc. Anyway I digress, back to the topic, taking action versus sitting idly by. I don't think anybody expected those of you with your loved ones already with you to take action. And nobody surely ever thought you would criticize the effort. I think those writing the letters got the point; you either think it will get no where or you disagree for some other reason. Disagreement is one thing, let's not stoop to attacking each other though on these boards. Processing times at the Service Centers have been rising for some time now. Those that elect to attempt actions to improve the situation should be thanked by those who have a stake in the outcome. Those with no stake in the outcome should simply thank God they already endured the process and are now hopefully enjoying life with their loved ones.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.