U.S. Wendy

Are you fed up with USCIS yet?

185 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Rising over what? Over the last few weeks since the fee increase?

Take a look at how processing times have IMPROVED over the last two to three years.

I dont think so. by your own timeline you got your NOA2 in less than 3 weeks. There are many on here currently at 140 days. where is the improved processing time. i find it funny all of the naysayers saying there is no problem and its so much faster now and every one is a whiner has a timeline with NOA2 approvals under a 30 days.

Yeah so far i see no improvement based on your timeline and others currently here.

Chris

Yes we did. 16 days to be exact. Practically a landspeed record. Even by Vermont standards at the time.

What's your point?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i fully expect my petition to be approved sometime next summer. im sure it will take longer than 6 months, possibly ten. I dont expect any miracles from USCIS. It will be 2009 before any improvements are made in the time it takes.

But i find it hard to believe the ones with the least compassion on here are the ones typically with the shortest timelines. When there are people waiting years. im done in this thread.

sometimes the only winning move is not to play....

I just want to clarify something here. rebeccajo may not have had a long NOA2 wait, but have you taken a glance at her AOS timeline? I suggest you do. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
And when it does, will you still be as 'interested' in stirring the troops - or in helping others get what they need? Or will you fade off into the immigration sunset until your own next personal situation crops up? It might be a harsh question, but self-examination is never easy.

Who cares if Wendy is still around or not after her fiance gets a visa. Do you help to help or do you want recognition and payback to the forum? Some newbies should never give advice anyway. Wendy is doing something constructive that benefits not only her but all in this endeavor. USCIS has high levels of incompetence and they have been trying to adjust but they wouldn't have done it without people like Wendy speaking out.

I wished enough people spoke out against IMBRA to prevent that feminist agenda #######.

I've been participating on forums since 2004, mostly RussianWomenDiscussion.com and help where I can without the need for respect. If a guy doesn't take advice well, then that's his problem. I get enough satifaction from people who do succeed and not marry insincere people or get scammed. From what I've seen this place is gentler and kindler to newbies who don't listen. Isee no valid reasons to lock this thread or for people to have hurt feelings.

For those experienced members who have still more to learn, It's "newbie", not "noobie".

Thanks Bill, you understand my motivations perfectly.

Before I go to bed I wanted to share this and give the topic a BUMP :)

This is from the Ombudsman today-->and I quote "Under the Homeland Security Act of 2002, it is my office’s statutory mission to assist USCIS customers, to identify problem areas in the immigration process, and to propose changes to the administrative practices of USCIS. I believe that process change recommendations from individuals like you are the best source for identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process. My office will consider your suggestions as we develop recommendations to improve USCIS’ practices and procedures."

That's good enough for me!!!! :lol:

Ahhhhhhhhh, I feel better already.

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

is it worth arguing about anymore anyway? USCIS is USCIS and they are not going to move any faster just bc some ppl on a forum yell and complain about it. i called them daily when my approval went way over 60 days AFTER sending in the RFE of what they didnt even need. did they process it any faster? NO.

my AOS time was shorter thank god.

no ones case is the same. some have more complicated cases than others. some of the countries are on high fraud lists which can also cause a longer delay. there are alot more reasons for slower and fast processing times then just incompitent workers or being under staffed.

writing letters will only make the individual feel better, and again NO ONE told her NOT to do it.

Mags i dont think its a competition, i think if someone new comes on and complains about processing times, and get any kind of compassion from someone like RJ who only took 16 days is going to be pissy and not understand that even tho it took only 16 days, she still went without her man and still had to go thru the process.

RJ IMO is one of the most informative ppl on this site, and i take everything she says to heart. i respect her and i listen to her. and just bc it took only 16 days to get her approval does NOT mean shes less knowledgable then someone who had to wait 150 days.

and for the record i waited 175 days for my husband approval and we waited 224 days from the day we filed to get an interview. add another 2 weeks to that and that tells you how long he waited to meet his SON.

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline
Mags i dont think its a competition, i think if someone new comes on and complains about processing times, and get any kind of compassion from someone like RJ who only took 16 days is going to be pissy and not understand that even tho it took only 16 days, she still went without her man and still had to go thru the process.

RJ IMO is one of the most informative ppl on this site, and i take everything she says to heart. i respect her and i listen to her. and just bc it took only 16 days to get her approval does NOT mean shes less knowledgable then someone who had to wait 150 days.

My comments were actually not pointed at RJ in regards to the "competition" and I agree, she is one of the most respected AND informed members of VJ; it doesn't matter how long she waited, her mind is a gold mine of USCIS information.

How long you had to wait for a NOA2 should have NO reflection at all on the information someone gives out.

Edited by Mags

Timeline

My comments were actually not pointed at RJ in regards to the "competition" and I agree, she is one of the most respected AND informed members of VJ; it doesn't matter how long she waited, her mind is a gold mine of USCIS information.

How long you had to wait for a NOA2 should have NO reflection at all on the information someone gives out.

i know :P i was commenting on the competition part as a whole. :)

and for the bottom, i agree, unfortunatly i felt the need to add my timeline in there seeing some ppl dont think they need to take advice from ppl who had a wait time of only 16 days. i also added as a reminder that even tho i been on here awhile and done with the initial part of immigration, I UNDERSTAND WHAT NEW PPL ARE GOING THRU. hence the reason i still hang around here and help

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

Cool. :thumbs:

I'll just reiterate that just because certain members have waited longer or lesser wait times than another does NOT mean they know nothing about USCIS or the processing times. A longer wait for a NOA2 does not a more knowledgeable person make...

I ask that we remain respectful of each other in this thread aswell, please. Ta.

Timeline

Cool. :thumbs:

I'll just reiterate that just because certain members have waited longer or lesser wait times than another does NOT mean they know nothing about USCIS or the processing times. A longer wait for a NOA2 does not a more knowledgeable person make...

I ask that we remain respectful of each other in this thread aswell, please. Ta.

oh deff agreed. some ppl can be on here years and have long processing times yet never read the guides, and some ppl choose to educate themselves. night mags :) im off to bed too

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I apologize for the double post but just wanted to make sure you see this-->

This is from the Ombudsman today-->and I quote "Under the Homeland Security Act of 2002, it is my office’s statutory mission to assist USCIS customers, to identify problem areas in the immigration process, and to propose changes to the administrative practices of USCIS. I believe that process change recommendations from individuals like you are the best source for identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process. My office will consider your suggestions as we develop recommendations to improve USCIS’ practices and procedures."

....and another BUMP.

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Let's talk about getting that elusive NOA2. And what I am about to relate is based on anecdotal accounts on this board and others.

There's virtually no reason to fear an I129F petition will not be approved.

How can I make that statement? I can with the following caveats - if you filled out the forms completely; if you sent in all the proper documentation; if you were truthful; if you have met your intended within the last two years and sent proof of same; if you are free to marry; and if you paid all the proper fees.

It ain't hard to get approved, people. This isn't the part of the process you should be sweating. If you can follow directions and have a pulse you can probably get NOA2 for an I29F.

Over at the consulate is where the wheat and chaff are separated. That's where the bonafides of the relationship are tested; that's where medical issues, criminal issues, and previous immigration violations are addressed and must be overcome; that's where financial support comes into play.

If you want something to do with your time while you wait for NOA2, I suggest you head on over to the consular forum and bone up on what will be required to get a VISA. Because getting a visa petition approved is not hard; getting the visa can be a different kettle of fish.

So is it unreasonable to expect that something this simple, that anecdotally takes 15 minutes to approve can't be processed in less than 4 months? And if you say yes because there are so many - the fact is, and one of the complaints is, that they aren't even trying. They are working on other app.s or whatever.

So an indefinite wait, with no action, and no information provokes some protest. I feel so immature ...

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: Other Timeline
Let's talk about getting that elusive NOA2. And what I am about to relate is based on anecdotal accounts on this board and others.

How can I make that statement? I can with the following caveats - if you filled out the forms completely; if you sent in all the proper documentation; if you were truthful; if you have met your intended within the last two years and sent proof of same; if you are free to marry; and if you paid all the proper fees.

It ain't hard to get approved, people. This isn't the part of the process you should be sweating. If you can follow directions and have a pulse you can probably get NOA2 for an I29F.

Over at the consulate is where the wheat and chaff are separated. That's where the bonafides of the relationship are tested; that's where medical issues, criminal issues, and previous immigration violations are addressed and must be overcome; that's where financial support comes into play.

If you want something to do with your time while you wait for NOA2, I suggest you head on over to the consular forum and bone up on what will be required to get a VISA. Because getting a visa petition approved is not hard; getting the visa can be a different kettle of fish.

So is it unreasonable to expect that something this simple, that anecdotally takes 15 minutes to approve can't be processed in less than 4 months? And if you say yes because there are so many - the fact is, and one of the complaints is, that they aren't even trying. They are working on other app.s or whatever.

So an indefinite wait, with no action, and no information provokes some protest. I feel so immature ...

Well, what are you feeling immature about?

Do you understand that they don't JUST work on family petitions? Do you understand that the file boxes contain petitions for ALL the different visa types?

I don't believe they aren't even trying. They are government employees and have to meet bean-counting quotas. I do believe they are understaffed.

Timeline

concidering the hundreds of thousands of petitions that are delivered to the only TWO service centers on a monthly basis, yea id say its impossible to get it all done in 4 months time. if its simple info, and no RFE involved MAYBE. but to expect it is not something anyone would recommend on here.

put yourself in the situation. your at your desk, and every month you are handed 300 petitions maybe MORE who knows, with tons of papers and proof of relationship and bla bla. more than half have RFE's, the next months come in and your still stuck trying to complete the 150 left from the month before, and the new batch has half RFE in it, putting you behind another month, also putting the petitions/applications that dont require an RFE behind bc of the RFE petitions from the month before. see where im going with it? im with RJ on this one.

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Timeline

There was no inference that you were immature, virgillionaire, RJ only posted her POV and her knowledge of the situation, which is quite extensive.

:)

No one told you not to send letters, we just dont care if you do or not, dont post these things if you dont want other ppls responces. unless you expecting everyone to jump for joy and call you wonderful

It's funny how you just came down on the OP because she is new and is "supposedly" not liking the advice of the "Older members", and here you are still engaging in "RIDICULOUS" bashing. What is up with everyone!!!!!! First of all can you guys see what the hell USCIS is doing as far as having people stressed out and at each others throats?? If that in itself is "not enough" to write a Fu@@ing letter, then what is?? I mean really I have read a few people's post who said that "atleast trying to do something (whether or not the goal is achieved) is better than doing nothing, or the person (don't remember the name) whose point was "EXCELLENT", when stating, many responders have wasted their time Bitching at or about this, when they could have made their time more productive in writing a letter instead of bitching at the OP and complaining that it will not work. So what does it matter, its only a stamp and a 1/2 hour out of your time, are people so affraid to take 1/2 hour out of their busy day to send a dam letter to "try" and do something, or are people the way I always see our society, "ignorant, self centered, out for no one but themselves, coniving, decitful, lying, Triffuling A@@holes. No One...... and I do mean NO ONE knows for sure that it will not work, and no one can say that it is not going to, because you just don't know until you try!! As for the few supporters of US WENDY, I would like to thank you...... for showing support to another human being and sticking up for yourself, it is the Small percentage of people like this that keeps my faith that there are still a few that have compassion and respect for themselves and others around them.

I SUPPORT YOU Wendy, and you have the chance to change things with your persistance, just the same as the rest of the people here, if only the had half the balls to do what you are. Whether you win or loose with this, you at least had respect for yourself to not lay down and take the BS, unlike most everyone else here. Keep Up The Great Work!!!!!! WJR

P.S. Oh and before I forget, if anyone feels the need to try and bash me for what I have said, then all I ahve to say is...... go ahead, I don't give 2 Sh!ts on what you have to say or think.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.