doodlebug

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So last week I called DOS and the woman on the phone said that he had one security check done but has a "few" more to do. I asked explicitely, "does this mean that the case is at the Department of State now?" and she said very clearly, "yes it is at the Department of State".

I was happy, I posted we're at the dos and all was well in my world.

Today I decided to check and see how many checks are done at this point so I called. The woman this time could not even find ANY information on him. Then she asked, "did he ever show up to the interview on the 22nd?", and I explained that we BOTH showed up but the interviewer did not so he was rescheduled for the 29th. Silence and then a long "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".

I said, was that a good hmmm? And she said I cannot find anything on him at all. Then she put me on hold. Then she said it seems like he's in Administrative Processing where they go over all of the evidence that he presented. I said is this at DOS? She said NO HE HAS NEVER MADE IT TO DOS YET.

:wacko::wacko::wacko::help::help::help:

I would swear like a truck driver right now but alhumdulilah for this an all pain in my life.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, sorry to hear of your stress, guess the mis-information line is working like usual :angry:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I'm sorry to hear that but maybe this woman was wrong, if you spoke to someone who stated that your case was at the DOS (makes you wonder why you would be told that if it werent true) I hope it all gets straighened out soon for you.

So last week I called DOS and the woman on the phone said that he had one security check done but has a "few" more to do. I asked explicitely, "does this mean that the case is at the Department of State now?" and she said very clearly, "yes it is at the Department of State".

I was happy, I posted we're at the dos and all was well in my world.

Today I decided to check and see how many checks are done at this point so I called. The woman this time could not even find ANY information on him. Then she asked, "did he ever show up to the interview on the 22nd?", and I explained that we BOTH showed up but the interviewer did not so he was rescheduled for the 29th. Silence and then a long "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".

I said, was that a good hmmm? And she said I cannot find anything on him at all. Then she put me on hold. Then she said it seems like he's in Administrative Processing where they go over all of the evidence that he presented. I said is this at DOS? She said NO HE HAS NEVER MADE IT TO DOS YET.

:wacko::wacko::wacko::help::help::help:

I would swear like a truck driver right now but alhumdulilah for this an all pain in my life.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

call again see what the second opinion says, it seems there response varries person to personn

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

That is why I think if you're going to be calling, then you should call 2 or 3 times in one day to try for a consistent answer. I say if you get 2/3 same answers then you're probably good to go.

Timeline
call again see what the second opinion says, it seems there response varries person to personn

I was gonna ask you to call but I don't want them to ruin your day too!!!

No I'm not calling again because I'll scream really loud which will make people look at me funny here. lol. I quit. Seriously I'm done. He'll get it when he gets it and I just have to go on with my life and not play this game of hoping he'll be here for this or that or whatever since it will probably be years and by the time he gets here my eggs will be gone and I'll be old and grey and we'll both be so sucked dry of any emotion we'll just *be* and that will be that. :angry:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah it does. I called last week to see if there was a slight chance what the CO told Ramy was true, that he was approved etc and the woman on the phone said "MAAM YOU'RE NOT APPROVED TILL HE HAS THAT VISA IN HIS HAND!!!" and I was like ok whatever, no need to be rude to me when so far I haven't been rude to you. She actually told me we were in Administrative Review at the embassy.

So I called again yesterday against my better judgment but the woman I spoke to this time asked me what they told him at the interview, and she said the information in their system was last updated Sept. 12, which was the day of our interview. She said his security checks came back fine (already?), the case is under administrative review but nothing is wrong with it, and he could receive the visa any day.

Back in July, NVC managed to screw up the spelling of my last name between VSC and entering it in their system. DOS told me I had to contact the embassy. Embassy said fix it during the interview. Naturally, Ramy forgot to fix it and spelling my name wasn't something they asked him! So when I called DOS last week and asked them to change it, they told me to contact the embassy and if I don't it "could cause problems with immigration". And here I am thinking...over 5 freaking phone calls to fix a mistake YOU made?!?!!??!!?! This is what my tax dollars are going to, your inefficient policies and procedures? So who cares. We'll wait till he gets that visa and if it causes problems well then it causes a problem. What, another delay? My name was spelled correctly on the NOA1 and NOA2, it's only from NVC/DOS on that it's wrong. If I have to legally change my name from what it is to how they spell it, it would probably be easier than trying to get someone at NVC/embassy/DOS to do it. This isn't brain surgery...though I'm sure some people at DOS are desperately in need of that. lol

Divorced. To hell with him.

Timeline

No I'm not calling again because I'll scream really loud which will make people look at me funny here. lol. I quit. Seriously I'm done. He'll get it when he gets it and I just have to go on with my life and not play this game of hoping he'll be here for this or that or whatever since it will probably be years and by the time he gets here my eggs will be gone and I'll be old and grey and we'll both be so sucked dry of any emotion we'll just *be* and that will be that. :angry:

So I called ...... long time she put me on hold.... My case is still in Cairo to :(

She said checks were requested from washington once but that is all she will say :crying: Im so confused and I definetly don't get anyone saying the visa could be issued any day.... She just say the case is undergoing adminstrative processing and no visa can be issued at this time. wheres the smiley face with the gun to his head...... Don't worry doodle I already had a forbooding feeling this weken that when I call DOS I would get not happy news

K1 process

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

AOS

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/29/08 AP touch

6/02/08 AP in hand

9/02/08 AOS interview

Timeline
Yeah it does. I called last week to see if there was a slight chance what the CO told Ramy was true, that he was approved etc and the woman on the phone said "MAAM YOU'RE NOT APPROVED TILL HE HAS THAT VISA IN HIS HAND!!!" and I was like ok whatever, no need to be rude to me when so far I haven't been rude to you. She actually told me we were in Administrative Review at the embassy.

So I called again yesterday against my better judgment but the woman I spoke to this time asked me what they told him at the interview, and she said the information in their system was last updated Sept. 12, which was the day of our interview. She said his security checks came back fine (already?), the case is under administrative review but nothing is wrong with it, and he could receive the visa any day.

Back in July, NVC managed to screw up the spelling of my last name between VSC and entering it in their system. DOS told me I had to contact the embassy. Embassy said fix it during the interview. Naturally, Ramy forgot to fix it and spelling my name wasn't something they asked him! So when I called DOS last week and asked them to change it, they told me to contact the embassy and if I don't it "could cause problems with immigration". And here I am thinking...over 5 freaking phone calls to fix a mistake YOU made?!?!!??!!?! This is what my tax dollars are going to, your inefficient policies and procedures? So who cares. We'll wait till he gets that visa and if it causes problems well then it causes a problem. What, another delay? My name was spelled correctly on the NOA1 and NOA2, it's only from NVC/DOS on that it's wrong. If I have to legally change my name from what it is to how they spell it, it would probably be easier than trying to get someone at NVC/embassy/DOS to do it. This isn't brain surgery...though I'm sure some people at DOS are desperately in need of that. lol

JYou should send an email to the emabassy im sure they will fix it

K1 process

AOS

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/29/08 AP touch

6/02/08 AP in hand

9/02/08 AOS interview

Timeline

I will call again at lunch just to see what I get told.

K1 process

AOS

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/29/08 AP touch

6/02/08 AP in hand

9/02/08 AOS interview

Timeline

So I called ...... long time she put me on hold.... My case is still in Cairo to :(

She said checks were requested from washington once but that is all she will say :crying: Im so confused and I definetly don't get anyone saying the visa could be issued any day.... She just say the case is undergoing adminstrative processing and no visa can be issued at this time. wheres the smiley face with the gun to his head...... Don't worry doodle I already had a forbooding feeling this weken that when I call DOS I would get not happy news

What the heck??????

Now I feel bad :(. I shouldn't have posted this and then you wouldn't have called. I wonder if we keep getting the same lady or something? I never ask for their names so I don't know who I spoke with.

That is why I think if you're going to be calling, then you should call 2 or 3 times in one day to try for a consistent answer. I say if you get 2/3 same answers then you're probably good to go.

:lol::lol: I don't know why but that made me laugh. I think it's because it's so absurd to have to do that but so true what you say, you know?

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

Do you think they can tell if you call more than once in a day? I'm afraid of getting yelled at if I call again. I mean what if we get the same lady? :unsure:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

Unless you get the same person twice I don't think they can tell and if so, they don't say anything. I called once a week for two months and never got the same person twice. Call again, it couldn't hurt.

Do you think they can tell if you call more than once in a day? I'm afraid of getting yelled at if I call again. I mean what if we get the same lady? :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.