Vann

What is CFO Training?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all! Someone mentioned something about CFO training on this board and, from what I understand, it has something to do with a passport being stamped?

My fiance received her K1 Visa yesterday and was told by the delivery man that she must attend some "counseling" that she was supposed to have before her passport was issued. She's to go to Manila and, from what she told me, visit two different offices.

Is this "counseling" meant to be CFO training?

Thank you!

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

September 25, 2006: Our first kiss :P

September 27, 2006: I proposed to her in person and she accepted! :)

December 20, 2006: Mailed I-129 K1 petition to Texas service Center

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

February 26, 2007: NOA1

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 23, 2007: Frantically prepared documents FedExed

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Interview date: after 8 agonising hours--APPROVED!!! :D

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

January 28, 2008: Marriage

Hello all! Someone mentioned something about CFO training on this board and, from what I understand, it has something to do with a passport being stamped?

My fiance received her K1 Visa yesterday and was told by the delivery man that she must attend some "counseling" that she was supposed to have before her passport was issued. She's to go to Manila and, from what she told me, visit two different offices.

Thank you!

CFO is unique to the Philippines. But it is required for a Citizen of the country to leave and live abroad. More info here: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you!

Yes thats what it is. She will take the counseling from the religious organization authorized by the CFO and after the counseling she will receive a cerificate, and bring it to the CFO office for Passport Stamp and CFO Certificate.

There are two offices that conducts counseling in Metro Manila but she might choose to go to "St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation, Inc. Center for Overseas Workers " at 1043 Aurora Blvd., Quezon City, this center has there own CFO Office inside, in that case she doesnt need to go from one office to another.

Good luck

Thank you!

She can do CFO in Manila or Cebu! She has to have the CFO sticker in her passport to leave the Philippines.

I've never heard of anyone being denied but they can hold departure up if she doesn't have all the documents they require.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey all! I have quite a question here.

Basically, my fiance has her K1 Visa now as well as her passport but she told me she found out beforehand that she was supposed to have done this CFO stuff BEFORE issuance of her passport.

My question is--is this true or not?

My fiance has both her K1 and Passport in hand but has yet to do any of this CFO process. Can she still do it all even with an already-issued passport? If so--will she be required to do anything different? This is an urgent question I need answered. Thanks!

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

Timeline
Claudeth did hers in Cebu :thumbs: Cheaper hotels :P

Could you tell me another thing, please? My fiance is planning her flight here to the US in late January. Does the sticker the CFO puts on the passport have a limited validity? What I mean is--if she did the CFO in November would it still be valid for her to leave the country in January or is the validity limited?

Basically, my fiance has her K1 Visa now as well as her passport but she told me she found out beforehand that she was supposed to have done this CFO stuff BEFORE issuance of her passport.

Not true!

My fiance has both her K1 and Passport in hand but has yet to do any of this CFO process. Can she still do it all even with an already-issued passport? If so--will she be required to do anything different? This is an urgent question I need answered. Thanks!

She can do CFO in one day. They will put a CFO sticker in PP. Required for her to leave PI.Have her take her PP with her visa in it and all documents relating to her case.

Not sure what it cost now. Maybe P400.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Not true!

She can do CFO in one day. They will put a CFO sticker in PP. Required for her to leave PI.Have her take her PP with her visa in it and all documents relating to her case.

Thanks! Could you help me with my above question, please? Could she do the CFO next month? She's planning a departure flight to my country near the end of January. Does she need to do this CFO shortly before the flight or can she do it in November? Thank you!

Claudeth did hers in Cebu :thumbs: Cheaper hotels :P

Could you tell me another thing, please? My fiance is planning her flight here to the US in late January. Does the sticker the CFO puts on the passport have a limited validity? What I mean is--if she did the CFO in November would it still be valid for her to leave the country in January or is the validity limited?

Shouldn't be a problem.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Not true!

Thanks! Could you help me with my above question, please? Could she do the CFO next month? She's planning a departure flight to my country near the end of January. Does she need to do this CFO shortly before the flight or can she do it in November? Thank you!

She can do CFO any time she wants. Once she has it it is good for life!

This will help!

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Thanks guys! Whew! This entire experience provides a whole new definition of the word "Worry like hell" I tell you! :lol:

Thanks guys! Whew! This entire experience provides a whole new definition of the word "Worry like hell" I tell you! :lol:
"Worry like hell"

Ain't over yet! Get ready for AOS. First part of the process is a cake walk!

Looks like you will have plenty time to find out where you can buy bagoong and Green mango. Tilapia naman!

OOPS Missed the most important thing! Rice cooker!

Edited by Haole

!! ALL PAU!

Hi Vann, no problem with that as long as she has taken her CFO before she travels to US with the sticker on her visa of course. I also would be travelling next year. God bless to both of you =)

D&J

05-26-2006: Engaged!!

DHS/USCIS - I-129F

02-26-2007: Petition Mailed to TSC via Express Mail

03-06-2007: NOA1 "Notice"

03-07-2007: Check cashed (posted 03-12-2007)

03-12-2007: NOA1 Received in Mail from CSC

06-11-2007: NOA2 Received in Mail from CSC

NVC

06-22-2007: NVC Received Case

06-26-2007: NVC Sent to Manila Embassy (got DOS Case #)

07-02-2007: Received Letter from NVC, dated June 27, 2007

USE-Manila

06-26-2007: USE received case electronically

07-05-2007: USE received hard copy of case from NVC

07-31-2007: J receivied Packet 4

08-16/17-2007: J did early Medical Review at St. Luke's

09-10-2007: Interview Approved!

09-14-2007: Visa in HAND!!

02/21/2008: USA Arrival

03/29/2008: Wedding!

05/12/2008: Mailed AOS via Express Mail

05/21/2008: Check clears our bank account

05/22/2008: Touch on all three apps

05/23/2008: NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP arrives from MSC (notice date 5/19/08)

05/24/2008: Received Biometrics Appt. Letter

06/16/2008: Biometrics Appt. at Durham Office

06/17/2008: EAD & AOS touched

07/21/2008: AP "Approval Notice Sent" & EAD "Card Production Ordered" via CRIS Email

07/25/2008: 2 copies of AP approval form received in snail mail, dated 7/21/08

07/28/2008: EAD Card arrives in mail; CRIS email sent I765 (EAD) "Approval Notice Sent"

11/25/2008: Received Appt. Letter dated 11/18/2008 (Appt. is 1/13/09)

01/13/2009: AOS Interview approved

01/20/2009: AOS Approval Notice received

01/23/2009: 2-year Green Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.