EricC

September Filers!

1,311 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hello all...I'm a newbie...my first post.

I sent my I-129F on Sept. 25th and received by CSC on Sept. 26th.

I'm still waiting for NOA1. Hopefully I will get it sometime this week.

Welcome to the group. To all the September filers, I believe I was one of the earliest filers for the month. I mailed the petition on 9/4, and it was delivered to CSC on 9/6. 47 days by now, and according to all the world wisdom, I should have got my NOA1. Nut no NOA1, no cashed check. It is as if all the September files were left in a storage room and forgotten. Hopeless and helpless...Sigh!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the group. To all the September filers, I believe I was one of the earliest filers for the month. I mailed the petition on 9/4, and it was delivered to CSC on 9/6. 47 days by now, and according to all the world wisdom, I should have got my NOA1. Nut no NOA1, no cashed check. It is as if all the September files were left in a storage room and forgotten. Hopeless and helpless...Sigh!

Thanks for posting, wind, glad to hear from someone who filed so close to the beginning of the month. I agree with you, it's as if they set aside our files and just moved on to October. But while I'm frustrated and a bit anxious, I am at least hopeful that there's a rational explanation for this, and that we'll still be processed in the order we were received. It could be that they streamlined some internal process at the end of September, and we're just kinda "kinks" in the system that they'll eventually work out. Sure would be nice if they'd provide some transparency to ease our mind, but that's a whole 'nuther ball 'o wax.

I still am recommending that September filers who haven't received NOA1 yet send an email to the CIS ombudsman. You can read my original post here. I think the sooner this is done, and the more filers that do it, the greater the pressure we can put on USCIS to sit up and take notice that there are a lot of filers who are sitting in limbo, wondering if their petitions have even been received.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Thanks for posting, wind, glad to hear from someone who filed so close to the beginning of the month. I agree with you, it's as if they set aside our files and just moved on to October. But while I'm frustrated and a bit anxious, I am at least hopeful that there's a rational explanation for this, and that we'll still be processed in the order we were received. It could be that they streamlined some internal process at the end of September, and we're just kinda "kinks" in the system that they'll eventually work out. Sure would be nice if they'd provide some transparency to ease our mind, but that's a whole 'nuther ball 'o wax.

I still am recommending that September filers who haven't received NOA1 yet send an email to the CIS ombudsman. You can read my original post here. I think the sooner this is done, and the more filers that do it, the greater the pressure we can put on USCIS to sit up and take notice that there are a lot of filers who are sitting in limbo, wondering if their petitions have even been received.

Wind, I am with you. My petition was also received on Sept 6 in California, and nothing! I think we are some of the first, so hopefully if we see something change in the next few days so will the rest of the Sept. Filers. And Mox....I emailed them last night. Lets see if we can get some more people emailing and see if we can get this ball rolling!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello All,

I just wanted to pass on that our NOA1 was sent from the VSC on 2 October. Our packet was sent 17 September. I would have posted sooner, but I've been in Thailand all this time enjoying my fiancee and her parents, and have not had too much time on the computer! :D

Hi September filers,

I filed in October with VSC and have received my NOA1 etc already. I wanted to lend a few words that may put you at ease a bit. Although the NOA1 notice date matched the day the petition was entered in the system, the receipt date in the top corner of the NOA1 hardcopy matched the date the USPS had posted as the delivered date. This was about 3 days earlier than the notice date. This doesn't say much except that hopefully in your cases, they will be entered with the receipt date that they were actually received in Sept, and processed in that order.

I know I would be at my wits end though, if I didn't even see the check cashed. I'm sorry.

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Filed: Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Has anyone else called USCIS, as per the USCIS Ombudsman's recommendation,

5. Wait Times - How long should someone wait to receive a receipt for an application filed this summer before inquiring about it? Should an application be re-filed?

Response: We suggest that you review the weekly “Receipting Update” posted on www.uscis.gov, which has the receipting dates for each application type. If your application was filed before the date posted, go ahead and call USCIS customer service (1-800-375-5283) and email our office at cisombudsman.publicaffairs@dhs.gov.

and asked about their case? If USCIS says they have receipted all cases up to 9/29/07 we all should have received our NOA1's and had our checks cashed by now.

Sent I-129f to CSC: Sept 26, 2007

Received by CSC: Sept 28, 2007

Check cashed by CSC: Oct 24, 2007

NOA1 date: Oct 24, 2007

NOA1 hardcopy recieved: Oct 27, 2007

Touched: Feb 7, 2008

NOA2 email: Feb 7, 2008

NOA2 hardcopy received: Feb 12, 2008

NVC received: Feb 19, 2008

NVC sent: Feb 21, 2008

Packet 4 received: March 4, 2008

Packet 4 sent back: March 11, 2008

Interview date given: March 12, 2008

Interview date: April 7, 2008

Has anyone else called USCIS, as per the USCIS Ombudsman's recommendation,

5. Wait Times - How long should someone wait to receive a receipt for an application filed this summer before inquiring about it? Should an application be re-filed?

Response: We suggest that you review the weekly “Receipting Update” posted on www.uscis.gov, which has the receipting dates for each application type. If your application was filed before the date posted, go ahead and call USCIS customer service (1-800-375-5283) and email our office at cisombudsman.publicaffairs@dhs.gov.

and asked about their case? If USCIS says they have receipted all cases up to 9/29/07 we all should have received our NOA1's and had our checks cashed by now.

I did. And if you follow the phone prompts (can't remember the sequence off the top of my head), you're even lead down a series of prompts that culminates with something like "if you've waited longer than 4 weeks for notification of receipt, press..."

When I talked to the (very polite) lady, she gave me the line that you have to wait 90 days now. When I pointed out that their website recommends calling after the receipting date, and that their very own phone system says 4 weeks, she stuck to the line that it's 90 days. Calling them at this point is a brick wall. :(

I did. And if you follow the phone prompts (can't remember the sequence off the top of my head), you're even lead down a series of prompts that culminates with something like "if you've waited longer than 4 weeks for notification of receipt, press..."

For anyone that cares to try, the sequence was 1,2,2,6,2,2,1. 1-800-375-5283. (This is NOT the RFE trick, but I think it gets you to the same place.) The second to the last prompt says something like "If you mailed your case more than 4 weeks ago, please press 1." That option will give you a customer service rep.

The customer service rep will ask you a few questions, and once he/she asks "did you file before July 1st?" the gig is over. They'll then tell you that they need at least 90 days, and that there's nothing else they can tell you. I've tried 3 different times, and even one lady who was one of the most polite people I've ever spoken to in a customer service role said she couldn't help. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is able to get past that hurdle.

Part of me wants to say "yes, I filed before July 1st" just to see what happens next. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's crazy that it seems like ALL of the September filers are experiencing this. I mean, it would almost be understandable for one or two, but ALL of them, that's just ridiculous!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am with you guys too, I sent my I-130 to CSC and they recieved it on Sept 4th. I heard nothing yet an d my check hasn't cashed, I am starting to get reall sad, my wife is in Pakistan, I worry about her a lot.

epdoss

Wind, I am with you. My petition was also received on Sept 6 in California, and nothing! I think we are some of the first, so hopefully if we see something change in the next few days so will the rest of the Sept. Filers. And Mox....I emailed them last night. Lets see if we can get some more people emailing and see if we can get this ball rolling!

Mo, it seems that we are the first two September filers, at least on this forum. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

Another day, another disappointment. But I think moxcamel has a point. If none of the September filers has received NOA1, there should be a rational explanation then. It cannot be that all of our files were lost, the only silver lining in this miserable situation.

moxcamel, I sent an email to them. As you said, hopefully they will begin to notice us if many of us send emails.

I sent an email too.

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Filed: Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Sent my package to CSC on Sept 26, 2007

Received on Sept 28, 2007

Waiting....(no cashed check and no NOA1)

Sent an email to the Ombudsman October 24, 2007.

Sent I-129f to CSC: Sept 26, 2007

Received by CSC: Sept 28, 2007

Check cashed by CSC: Oct 24, 2007

NOA1 date: Oct 24, 2007

NOA1 hardcopy recieved: Oct 27, 2007

Touched: Feb 7, 2008

NOA2 email: Feb 7, 2008

NOA2 hardcopy received: Feb 12, 2008

NVC received: Feb 19, 2008

NVC sent: Feb 21, 2008

Packet 4 received: March 4, 2008

Packet 4 sent back: March 11, 2008

Interview date given: March 12, 2008

Interview date: April 7, 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Sent my package to CSC on Sept 26, 2007

Received on Sept 28, 2007

Waiting....(no cashed check and no NOA1)

Sent an email to the Ombudsman October 24, 2007.

ok we sent it on september 25th and still nothig...so where do we need to mail?????? and what do we say loll

we lost a month already in the whole process... :angry::wacko::crying::unsure: (dunno how i should react lol)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.