Ephesia

Meet Pookie :)

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

Meet Pookie, my very own car. My very FIRST car. :)

My mother-in-law has a colleague whose daughter wanted to sell it for only US$1,000. And Brandon's mom loaned us the money to buy the car, so after hubby gets all well and is able to work again after his surgery, we'll pay her back.

It's a 2001 Kia Rio, with automatic transmission and has only 57,000 miles on it, so it will last for quite a while. The girl had put in new wheels and timing belt very recently, and got the car tuned up too. It's a very basic car - no power windows, locks or side mirror adjustment. Semi-old school, man. But I LOVE it. It also has an FM/AM stereo and CD player. Once we get the car title and new plates for Pookie, we're going to take her to the shop to have the wheels balanced and checked out a bit.

I love my Pookie. :D

PS. Now to take driving even more seriously and try to get my license by end of summer. :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like a super bargain! Enjoy

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

City: Philippines but Filed in Bangkok Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

wow. Great deal! can't beat that.

ME<!--aimg-->philpine.gif<!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg-->HIM<!--aimg-->usflagc.gif<!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg-->

<span style='color:purple'><span style='color:red'>August 2002--met at www.dreamdates.com

October 11, 2003--first meeting in Thailand

October 13, 2003--He proposed!!

February 2004--Hired a lawyer, sent I-129

May 25, 2004--US embassy in Thailand received the papers

June 2004--I received packet 3

August 24, 2004--Received Interview schedule

October 20, 2004 @7.00am--consular interview---SUCCESS!!

November 6, 2004--Flight to US

December 18, 2004--Wedding

January 26, 2005-Sent I-765 (EAD), I-485(AOS), and I-130

Feb. 26, 2005--Received NOA1

March 11, 2005--Fprints/ Bio Appt, approved online.

March 17,2005--Received EAD card in mail. Yay!!

April 4, 2005--got a job.

April 14, 2005--Received AOS interview Date

June 21, 2005--AOS Interview

August 15, 2005--Got my <span style='color:green'>GREEN</span>CARD</span></span>

May 15, 2007--Filed 10 year extension greencard

July 11, 2007--Fprints/Bio appt.

April 13,2008--Letter from USCIS notifying of transfer from NSC to CSC

May 16, 2008--10 year Greencard arrived!

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

does sound like a great deal and I LOVE the look of it!! :) Enjoy! :) M.

PS..welcome to the VJ family, Pookie. :lol:

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Timeline

Congrats! And I love the color!

It's cute, but what a funny color! lol :)

Seems a very odd comment when trying to congratulate someone...but I could just be being a bit oversensitive right now (which is very poss given my current mood)

When I got my first apt, my parents furnished the whole entire thing for me...and I like antiques. Anyways, here I was at 21 with an expensive apt! My best friend came over & I was so excited to share my joy & she said 'It's great, but those lamps are an odd choice'

I kinda took that as raining on my parade...after all, I wasn't about to throw the lamps THAT I PICKED out the window. I mean why say something if it's not 100% positive?

Congrats!!! :) :) What a great feeling!

I got a new car last month, too, but haven't named her yet (why are my cars always girls??? :lol:

Now, where are the pictures of that mouse catching cat...? ;)

SA4userbar.jpg

Great name for a your new car!!!

TIMELINE (Married 9 yrs)

Aug 18, 2005 - Mailed I-130 (wife & kids') to VSC

Aug 29, 2005 - NOA-1 for I-130's received

Sep 13, 2005 - I-130's approved, petition forwarded to NVC

Oct 10, 2005 - I-864 Bill received by agent

Oct 12, 2005 - Paid I-864 Bill by Postal Money Order-$70 for whole family

Dec 17, 2005- checklist for I-864 received, reply sent back & entered into system on Dec 22.

Oct 20, 2005 - Alien spouse received DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) documents

Oct 24,2005 - DS-3032 sent to NVC (fr Phils)

Nov 17, 2005 - IV Fee Bill paid by Money Order & sent

Jan 3, 2006 - Mailed DS-230 to NVC

Jan 4, 2006 - DS-230 entered into system

Jan 12, 2006 - CASE COMPLETED, and still waiting!!!

Aug 3, 2006- schedule of interview at US Embassy-Manila. Won't be showing up.

K3/K4

Aug 30, 2005 - Mailed I-129F to Chicago(wife's)

Sep 10, 2005 - NOA-1 for I-129F

Oct 19, 2005 - I-129F Approved (email notice), received mail Oct. 28

Nov 2, 2005- Received K3 approval notice

Mar 24, 2006 - K3 interview

Apr 4, 2006 - Visas in hand

May 8, 2006 - arrived in America

AOS

August 2006 - mailed I-485 forms

September 2006 - Biometrics done

December 2006 - Interview; Green Card received by mail a week later

2007: Applied for kids' certificate of citizenship, got the certificates in June & passports in August 2007

Filed: Timeline
LisaD it is a unique color. Icyspots wasn't meaning any harm.

...which is why I wrote what I did that I've highlighted in red...

Congrats! And I love the color!

It's cute, but what a funny color! lol :)

Seems a very odd comment when trying to congratulate someone...but I could just be being a bit oversensitive right now (which is very poss given my current mood)

When I got my first apt, my parents furnished the whole entire thing for me...and I like antiques. Anyways, here I was at 21 with an expensive apt! My best friend came over & I was so excited to share my joy & she said 'It's great, but those lamps are an odd choice'

I kinda took that as raining on my parade...after all, I wasn't about to throw the lamps THAT I PICKED out the window. I mean why say something if it's not 100% positive?

The whole 'but' thing just sounded odd to me.....could I have gotten it wrong? absolutely! *shrug*

FANTASTIC!!!! :D I'd love a car like that. What an amazing price. That is exactly the kind of car we're going to be looking for when I find a job, around that age and mileage, very hard to find too. The closest we've come was a car that was about 6 years old with over 80,000 miles for $4000.

AOS TIMELINE

16th December 2005 - Sent I-130, AOS, EAD & AP USPS overnight to Chicago Lockbox

18th December 2005 - Received at Chicago 9.18pm.

23rd December 2005 - NOAs for I-130, AOS, EAD, AP!! Didn't expect them that quickly

13th January 2006 - RFE for Medical and additional I-864 info

17th January 2006 - INFOPASS Apt about RFE.

23rd January 2006 - Appointment notice for Biometrics on 10th Feb.

10th February 2006 - Biometrics Appointment

21st February 2006 - Medical. Cost $250 including all blood tests, Td Shot, TB test and Titers for MMR and Varicella.

27th February 2006 - Appointment with immigration lawyer re. RFE for I-864.

1st March 2006 - Final results Medical. Papers in hand to send.

10th March 2006 - RFE responses to Lees Summit

13th March 2006 - RFE responses signed for at Lees Summit

24th March 2006 - Emergency AP approved in Omaha

28th March 2006- Collected AP

31st March 2006 - EAD Approval online

7th April 2006 - EAD arrived in mailbox.

21st April 2006- Received Interview Date for 22nd June

9th May 2006- Received SSN

22nd June 2006- AOS INTERVIEW APPROVED

REMOVING CONDITIONS

June 20 2008 - Package mailed to CSC under new rules. Would have been an NSC transfer

June 23 2008 - Package recieved at CSC

June 27 2008 - Recieve NOA1

July 16 2008 - Biometrics

July 17 2008 - Touched

September 9 2008 - Card production ordered

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

When my MIL first e-mailed me about the car on Tue, I burst out laughing when I came to the very last line in her description of the car's specs: "Color - Mountain Dew green." My immediate thought was, "OK, maybe it's the green from the color of the can, and not the drink itself." :lol:

When the original owner came rolling up the driveway yesterday, we saw the car from the dining area IN my MIL's house. It's so bright, lol. We had a good time laughing about it. :D

Tracy, our friend couldn't bring Peyton over because they have only one litter box that's shared by Peyton and their other cat, Hunter. Hunter would be like "#######?!" if they took the litter box along with them to the party, lol. I told him I shall visit with them again soon so I can play with Peyton and take pictures. According to them, Peyton also weighs 20 lbs now. Holy lord. :lol:

ktun, I so totally agree with ya on the great price we got the car for. For the past 3 months, hubby and I haven't stopped browsing Craigslist and Auto Trader for something I can learn driving in that won't cost us two arms and three legs. The closest one was a 10-year old Mercury with 89,000 miles that was going for $1,900. We kinda unofficially gave up on car browsing just before my MIL told me about Pookie.

Is it weird that every time I step outside to do whatever that I can't help but stop to smile at Pookie and 'talk' to her? :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.