trailmix

Are people at Montreal and Vancouver Consulates reading VJ?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Len and Bren started a topic in the DCF forum a while ago Interview Questions - asking for typical interview questions by consulate.

I went through about 14 months of Canadian consulate reviews and made a list of the questions people were asked.

In the course of doing this, in two of the reviews the person mentioned that the person at the consulate was 'aware' of VJ. In fact the CO (I believe it was) said to tell the VJ persons that they didn't need to bring the x-ray.

What do you think? I know people have asked this question before in other areas of the site, however here are two people who were actually told that someone at the consulate was aware of VJ.

Then again, does it even matter?

See, I don't think I'd read it if I was a Mtl official.. couple's don't even come back half the time once they get to the US, so to devote your time to VJ for a job seems crazy..

plus, we'd notice..

hmm,.. who's this member "abcde" who isn't in process but is always sticking around......................

odddd...

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
BUT does "aware" mean they read VJ?

or does it mean that they've had other interviewees mention VJ so many times they know the name.......

They can read, I thought that they were functionally illiterate :) Pehaps, if they spent less time reading VJ and more time interviewing the backlog wouldn't be so great :P

Realistically, I think people have mentioned it to them.

Trailmix, I also read the reviews to see all the questions that have ever been asked. That's means either that great minds think alike or we are both stark raving mad. :)

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
BUT does "aware" mean they read VJ?

or does it mean that they've had other interviewees mention VJ so many times they know the name.......

They can read, I thought that they were functionally illiterate :) Pehaps, if they spent less time reading VJ and more time interviewing the backlog wouldn't be so great :P

Realistically, I think people have mentioned it to them.

Trailmix, I also read the reviews to see all the questions that have ever been asked. That's means either that great minds think alike or we are both stark raving mad. :)

In my case I did it in support of Len and Brens topic....now in your case..... :huh:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think people probably told them. I doubt they'd have much time to browse the site anyway... especially Montreal with their backlog. :P

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline

i think like someone already mentioned that they probably have heard about VJ from some of the people they interview and maybe they might go and take a glance at it but I don't think they sit there and pour over every corner of VJ....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Personally, I think they've been told by other interviewees about VJ. The way I see it, the CO could've said something like, "Wow you came prepared!" and the other person could've said something like, "Blah blah I've been on this support forum called VJ".

If the consulate officers did decide to take a peek at the site, I bet they would've turned right around at the OT forum. :lol:

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Len and Bren started a topic in the DCF forum a while ago Interview Questions - asking for typical interview questions by consulate.

I went through about 14 months of Canadian consulate reviews and made a list of the questions people were asked.

In the course of doing this, in two of the reviews the person mentioned that the person at the consulate was 'aware' of VJ. In fact the CO (I believe it was) said to tell the VJ persons that they didn't need to bring the x-ray.

What do you think? I know people have asked this question before in other areas of the site, however here are two people who were actually told that someone at the consulate was aware of VJ.

Then again, does it even matter?

i would say it depends on the consulate itself .. coz in Egypt consulate i doubt if they even read our emails that we send to them every weeek regarding our case status and in return we have these robot emails all the time .. so if they don't bother themself reading our emails .. i don't think they would bother coming here to read what we write or say or even to see the pain that we feel .

so for Egypt consulate .. if they come to read what we write on VJ , i would say that probably will be for one reason , to screw our lifes more than what they do already .

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
Personally, I think they've been told by other interviewees about VJ. The way I see it, the CO could've said something like, "Wow you came prepared!" and the other person could've said something like, "Blah blah I've been on this support forum called VJ".

If the consulate officers did decide to take a peek at the site, I bet they would've turned right around at the OT forum. :lol:

oh yeah, the OT would for sure traumatize them for life :lol:

Timeline

They have enough trouble finding Canada on the map, let alone finding this forum. :D

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

and its comments like that that could get you into trouble at your interview if they are in fact reading the forums! ;)

I doubt they are, but there have been instances of members in years past who were traced via the internet and got into some trouble at interviews. This usually happened if they included copies of emails as evidence of their relationship and the adjudicator went looking.

There is no such thing as privacy anymore, so just be nice to the lurkers. ;)

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.