aussiewench

US & Mexican Couples - K-3/CR-1/IR-1 Group, Juarez experiences, comments

151 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

The interview day went rather quickly compared to the day of the medical. We were up and in line by 5. There were already several people in front of us (like 75). I talked to a guy while I was waiting and he said he was second in line and had got there at 2 30 in the morning. Well we waited and fernando finally got in at 7:25. I went back to the room to get warm. We stayed at hotel La Playa. The location was the only good thing about it. I came back out of the room at 10 in anticipation of a long wait but at 11 55 Fernando called my phone saying he was out. He got the visa. He said the only things they asked were when we got married, my birthday, if we were living together, and what I was doing in Mexico. They also asked him about his job here in mexico and his degree. That was it. pretty painless. They only evidence he showed was about 10 photos and a letter from his job just to verify that he was working here. We had lots more evidence but that was all that they needed to see. I would really reccommend to other people to get there early, because the way things are now, the people that come late have to come back the next day. well that is about it. if you have any more questions feel free to email.

tabatha

Now that my husband is a citizen, we are preparting documents to apply to bring his parents here.

CSC

04/24/10: I-130 package mailed

05/04/10: Notice Date

10/06/10: Approval Date

NVC

10/12/10: NVC Case# generated

10/22/10: Updated both email ids. DS-3032 e-mailed

10/26/10: IIN Received. AOS fee IN PROCESS. Emailed barcoded

10/30/10: AOS fee PAID, AOS package mailed

11/03/10: IV fee PAID, IV package mailed

12/07/10: RFE for I-864 Entered into System

12/13/10: RFE for DS-230 entered into system

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The interview day went rather quickly compared to the day of the medical. We were up and in line by 5. There were already several people in front of us (like 75). I talked to a guy while I was waiting and he said he was second in line and had got there at 2 30 in the morning. Well we waited and fernando finally got in at 7:25. I went back to the room to get warm. We stayed at hotel La Playa. The location was the only good thing about it. I came back out of the room at 10 in anticipation of a long wait but at 11 55 Fernando called my phone saying he was out. He got the visa. He said the only things they asked were when we got married, my birthday, if we were living together, and what I was doing in Mexico. They also asked him about his job here in mexico and his degree. That was it. pretty painless. They only evidence he showed was about 10 photos and a letter from his job just to verify that he was working here. We had lots more evidence but that was all that they needed to see. I would really reccommend to other people to get there early, because the way things are now, the people that come late have to come back the next day. well that is about it. if you have any more questions feel free to email.

tabatha

WOOOOOHOOOO!

Finally, mija! I'm so happy for you both :) Congratulations, and best wishes for your move HOME!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We're going to Juarez tomorrow!!! :blink:

Quick question: how much is the fee for the fiancee visa if you receive it? I know we pay $100 through banamex before the interview, but i've heard you then need to pay more if it is approved? HELP please! thanks!

SEE K-1 HISTORY IN MY TIMELINE

AOS / EAD / AP TIMELINE:

06/30/2006 - I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent to Chicago (via USPS Priority mail) (DAY 1)

07/02/2006 - package received in Chicago (delivery confirmed via USPS)

07/06/2006 - NOA 1 (DAY 7)

07/12/2006 - biometric appointment notice (DAY 13)

07/14/2006 - received biometric appointment notice via mail

07/25/2006 - interview notice (DAY 26)

07/26/2006 - biometrics taken (DAY 27)

07/28/2006 - received interview notice via mail

09/07/2006 - I-485 interview...APPROVED!!!...passport stamped (DAY 70)

09/12/2006 - I-131 approved (DAY 75)

09/13/2006 - received welcome letter via mail

09/15/2006 - I-765 approved (DAY 78)

09/16/2006 - received AP via mail

09/18/2006 - received conditional green card via mail

09/21/2006 - received EAD via mail

07/23/2008 - filed I-751 to lift conditional status

07/28/2008 - NOA 1

08/26/2008 - biometric appointment

12/03/2008 - I-751 approved

12/08/2008 - received 10-year green card via mail

09/07/2009 - eligible for U.S. citizenship!

flag13.gif

flag12.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS TABTA!!!!!!!!! YEY!!!!!!! That's so great! :thumbs:

Can anyone tell me if I'm right about the next step? Since we did the CR-1/IR-1 approach for the permanent residency, we now have to file to remove conditions? Is that it? Forms I-751 and form I-829?

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/PermRes.htm#maintain

Lots more money but hey, I'm just so glad he's here!

It said something about having the permanent residency card with you at all times, but all we have is a little slip of paper in Spanish..... So I take it they mean the laser visa when it arrives?? :unsure: And it says we don't have to apply for a SS card, since we marked it on his forms at the consulate... I feel like I should have more to do? I guess I'll get started on those 2 forms anyway since they have to be admitted within 3 months... Like I said, after all the confusion with the first paperwork, I feel odd that I might actually know what's going on now! So if I'm missing something please chime in! :D

June 25, 2011- Married!

August ???, 2011 - Submit I-130 petition to Embassy in Asuncion, Paraguay

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Awsome Tabta!!!

We are going to Juarez at the end of the month and i hope it goes smooth for us also.

09/20/05 I-129F Sent to VSC

09/23/05 NOA1 email

09/29/05 NOA1 "snail mail"

10/04/05 NOA2 email

10/11/05 NOA2 snail mail

11/03/05 Not sure when, but it arrived at Juarez

12/19/06 Packet 3 arrives at US address

2/23/06 Interview @ Juarez

2/23/06 Receive Visa

2/25/06 Arrive in USA - temp EAD issued at JFK

3/17/06 Received Social Security Card

3/18/06 Married

3/31/06 AOS packet sent to Chicago

4/6/06 AOS packet received @ Chicago

4/10/06 NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP received

4/19/06 Biometrics

6/16 EAD approved via email

6/20/06 AP Document received

6/24/06 EAD card received

6/27/06 Appointment letter for AOS interview

8/23/06 AOS interview - approved pending FBI name check

8/30/06 AOS approved - via email

9/7/06 GREEN CARD arrives

Timeline
Can anyone tell me if I'm right about the next step? Since we did the CR-1/IR-1 approach for the permanent residency, we now have to file to remove conditions? Is that it? Forms I-751 and form I-829?

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/PermRes.htm#maintain

Lots more money but hey, I'm just so glad he's here!

It said something about having the permanent residency card with you at all times, but all we have is a little slip of paper in Spanish..... So I take it they mean the laser visa when it arrives?? :unsure: And it says we don't have to apply for a SS card, since we marked it on his forms at the consulate... I feel like I should have more to do? I guess I'll get started on those 2 forms anyway since they have to be admitted within 3 months... Like I said, after all the confusion with the first paperwork, I feel odd that I might actually know what's going on now! So if I'm missing something please chime in! :D

hi,

The I-751 to remove conditions, yes.. I didn't look up I-829.. why do you think you need that, too? Your 10-year card is included in the I-751's fee ($205 today? Be sure to look it up at uscis.gov).

When the Green Card itself arrives, it must be carried on your person; the laser visa is something else (you shouldn't be getting one, either). The Green Card should arrive within 3 or so weeks, and the SS card around the same time (give it 4 weeks then follow up with your local SS office).

The I-751 is NOT submitted until the 90 day window before the Green Card expires (2 years from entry). Please read the instructions at uscis.gov very carefully regarding the I-751 (Removing Conditions).

Congratulations!

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

CONGRATS TABTA!!! :dance::dance: Good luck on getting settled in the USA!

Jbeabout: Good luck in Juarez...I am sure everything will go awesome. And then the party in Mazatlan, right?! She'll arrive in Minnesota in summer than?! Smart not to scare her off with her arriving in winter at first... :lol: SUERTE!!

Stevey..you too, good luck at your interview that you'll be going to soon. :thumbs:

Mel..We got our 10 yr green card because we have been married more than 2 years so I don't know about removing conditions but regarding the SS card, we checked that box on the DS-230 too but I wasn't too optimistic it would get done (a couple of people in the waiver forum that checked this box as well never got their card and they had to go in). So we went into the office and applied and they said he was already in the system (not sure if it is from the box checking or becasue INS got their #$% together for once and entered the information on time) but his card came a few days later. We have only gotten one card and it has almost been 4 weeks since he arrived so I have to think it is from applying. My point is don't wait too long before going to the local office because you might get forgotten.

take care!

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Timeline

meuxna,

thanks for your help, I just read over the forms (I briefly looked at the site the day I posted). I had thought I-751 and I-829 just because on the website and said see both... but now I see only the I-751 is for spousal, so that's good. $205 was the fee I saw listed, but by the time I file in a year and a half it will probably have gone up!

Just to be completely sure, the form cannot be submitted until the 90 day window before the 2 years? The closer to the beginning of the 90 days the better I would guess?

I guess my main confusion was because his passport visa says he has 6 months here, so I'm assuming they mail him the actual green card with a 2 year date... Which I was also confused on because the 2 little slips of paper they gave us mentioned a laser visa, which I had never heard anything about and was mentioned to be something completely different. I'll have to re-read that. I think a lot of what they give out on those little slips of paper is generic information...

mnmex, thanks for the good advice!

June 25, 2011- Married!

Timeline
meuxna,

thanks for your help, I just read over the forms (I briefly looked at the site the day I posted). I had thought I-751 and I-829 just because on the website and said see both... but now I see only the I-751 is for spousal, so that's good. $205 was the fee I saw listed, but by the time I file in a year and a half it will probably have gone up!

Just to be completely sure, the form cannot be submitted until the 90 day window before the 2 years? The closer to the beginning of the 90 days the better I would guess?

I guess my main confusion was because his passport visa says he has 6 months here, so I'm assuming they mail him the actual green card with a 2 year date... Which I was also confused on because the 2 little slips of paper they gave us mentioned a laser visa, which I had never heard anything about and was mentioned to be something completely different. I'll have to re-read that. I think a lot of what they give out on those little slips of paper is generic information...

mnmex, thanks for the good advice!

How Do I Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage?

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

Click through also on the Application Procedures link in this page.

It doesn't really matter when in the 90 days you send the I-751 in; they take up to 18 months to adjudicate and your status does NOT expire if you file on time. There is no real benefit in getting the app in earlier or later, just NOT past the date of expiration on the card.

I'll try to translate the visa stuff:

-The Immigrant Visa is valid for 6 months. ie; it must be used to enter the US for the first time within that 6 months. You have done that so -check. The 'visa' is done.

-When he entered with the visa, it should have been endorsed with a stamp, making it valid evidence of his status as a Permanent Resident. If he never gets the Green Card, this endorsed visa is sufficient proof of his status. However, the stamp on the visa is only valid for ONE year (they expect your to get the Green Card within that year). -double check the validity of the stamp that was placed on the visa when he entered.

-When the card comes, if you are newlyweds, it will be valid for TWO years. This is where the I-751 comes in; you must both show that you are still married (that's what the 'conditions' are). In every other respect it is identical to anyone else's Green Card.

Read about his rights and responsiblities as a Green Card holder/Permanent Resident here:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/PermRes.htm

Read some Frequently Asked Questions here:

Welcome to the United States:

A Guide for New Immigrants

http://uscis.gov/graphics/citizenship/imm_guide.htm

I personally think these 2 pages are very, very important reading.

About the papers you were given, yes they might be generic. Que dice del laser visa? Puedes ponerlo en espanol, si no entiendo, puedo preguntar. :) The laser visa, as I understand it, is for people who enter the US very frequently, for short stays--like folks who live at the border and cross often.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Hi we are new :D , we just send the 1-129f and we are really nervous about the whole thing, well first we have to introduce ourselves we are Justin and Ari (arizona-mexico city), we met eachother on line almost 3 years ago the entire time this has been an incredibile experience for both of us, se love eachother so much that we decided to make this huge step, we also have a lot of doubts so that means that probably we are going to ask for advice every once in a while (we hope you don't mind :P ). We think this web site rocks and we are glad to be part of this incredible comunnity. GOD bless you all. :luv:

junari8.jpg

COUNTRIES HAVE BORDERS, LOVE DOESN'T

Timeline

meauxna, thanks again, I had seen and read through the bottom two links but the application procedures part I'd missed, that helps as well. I didn't realize the stamp they gave meant that (it being valid a year), all I had seen was the visa said 6 months. I forgot I already had learned through this forum that was for just entering (although had anyone asked how long they had I could have answered, haha. Putting 2 and 2 together when you're so stressed from all the waiting and running to the border hoping it's still open will be my excuse! :blush: )

I guess I didn't look much at the stamp except to check that it was initialed, so thank you for taking the time to list it all out. I think as long as I stay on top of making sure we get everything we should, I might be free and clear for awhile! Yey! A break from forms!!! :D

June 25, 2011- Married!

Timeline

:)

Two years of wedded bliss ahead. Save paperwork as evidence starting now and the I-751 will be easy.

Go forth and be happy! Suerte!

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi we are new :D , we just send the 1-129f and we are really nervous about the whole thing, well first we have to introduce ourselves we are Justin and Ari (arizona-mexico city), we met eachother on line almost 3 years ago the entire time this has been an incredibile experience for both of us, se love eachother so much that we decided to make this huge step, we also have a lot of doubts so that means that probably we are going to ask for advice every once in a while (we hope you don't mind :P ). We think this web site rocks and we are glad to be part of this incredible comunnity. GOD bless you all. :luv:

Welcome, my husband is from mexico city also. we just recieved the visa and i am here with him now. we are returning to the US next month. Good luck.

Now that my husband is a citizen, we are preparting documents to apply to bring his parents here.

CSC

04/24/10: I-130 package mailed

05/04/10: Notice Date

10/06/10: Approval Date

NVC

10/12/10: NVC Case# generated

10/22/10: Updated both email ids. DS-3032 e-mailed

10/26/10: IIN Received. AOS fee IN PROCESS. Emailed barcoded

10/30/10: AOS fee PAID, AOS package mailed

11/03/10: IV fee PAID, IV package mailed

12/07/10: RFE for I-864 Entered into System

12/13/10: RFE for DS-230 entered into system

Thanks tabta for the welcome, and congrats for your visa that is awesome!!!!!, it's really nice that your husband is from mexico city, in my case (Ari) i am also from there, is really nice maybe we can share experiences some day, i look at your profile and i realized that you are also as young as us (by the way nice pic on Xochimilco) so maybe i can add you on my messenger or you can add me on yours, and we can talk every once in a while.

:thumbs::dancing:

junari8.jpg

COUNTRIES HAVE BORDERS, LOVE DOESN'T

Timeline

Haha, oh my gosh, I'd never checked out people's profiles, thanks for drawing my attention to it junari! Great picture tabta! I never realized you're a year younger than I am. All that expertise you have :blush: One of these days I'll have to update my profile... I'll give it a shot anyways...

June 25, 2011- Married!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.