visceral image

Good Luck Turbo

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks Slim, Satelite, CountCet, Rus, GoGal, Wissooner, Malinka and everyone. I am still walking on air.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
YAHOOOOOOOOOOO. I got the word at 3:03 AM. The visa was approved. I guess I can go to bed now but I don't think sleeping will be very easy.

Groov, We have not worked out the details. We decided not to make any plans or arrangements until the visa is in hand. Since she is way out in Barnaul I would expect that to be about a week. I would think she would need some time to wrap up things there. My guess is she will fly here in about 2-3 weeks.

We will likely do some sight seeing up in the big apple in the next few months and we would be happy to buy you and your wife some lunch if you happen to be free.

Congrats, TG! We'd be glad to meet up with you guys. Don't know how familiar you are with Manhattan and the rest of NYC, but we'd be glad to show you around. We're always up for a B train excursion (the B goes to Brighton), also.

08.24.06 - I-129F sent to VSC

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.01.06 - NOA1 snail mail

09.09.06 - touched

09.15.06 - NAO2 approval via email

09.19.06 - NVC receives package

09.20.06 - NAO2 snail mail

09.26.06 - NVC mails package to US Embassy in Moscow

10.03.06 - Consolate receives package

10.17.06 - Interview prep package received by fiancee

12.12.06 - Approved!

12.16.06 - Picked up visa from DHL office in Moscow

12.20.06 - POE JFK, just in time for the holidays...

02.10.07 - Married, viva Las Vegas!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

04.10.07 - AOS NAO1 received

05.03.07 - Biometrics @ Varick St., Manhattan

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.25.07 - EAD card received

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

07.31.07 - Initial interview a breeze!

08.13.07 - Green card arrives in the mail

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations Turboguy.

When you get a chance, please post the details about the interview experience also.

We are going on 9/28 and she is bit nervous.

Congratulations Turboguy.

When you get a chance, please post the details about the interview experience also.

We are going on 9/28 and she is bit nervous.

And also, did you or did you not have the English copy of the Police certificate for the interview? :) We have not yet gotten that translated on our side.

Timeline

Thanks Agpk, Kotenochek & Groov,

Agpk, We did NOT have the police report translated despite my translators instance that it was required. To the best of my knowlege it did not cause a bit of problem and I am quite sure it does not need to be translated.

Groov, I don't have any firm plans yet and have not discussed this with her yet but I think we would both enjoy a couple of long weekend excursions before winter sets in. My thoughts are one to the DC area and one to the NYC area. I appreciate your offer and when our plans are a little more firm I will pm you here or at RWD and if you two are available and still willing we would like that. I have been to NYC enough times to know a few things but it is a complex enough city that there is far more that I do not know than do. I have never been to Brighton Beach myself and would enjoy that and of course she has never seen any of it and should really enjoy it.

Once winter hits I will likely limit the travels to my business trips which will let us spend some of the colder parts of winter in Florida, Vegas and California which does help pass the long winter days.

Thanks again to everyone for the nice comments.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

There was no translation of the police cert. at my fiancee's interview either.

It's in Russia. They read Russian there!

The reason you need translations of divorce decrees, etc., is because you send those in with your K-1 packet, and they're read by Americans in America. The majority of Americans in America can't read Russian, so that's why the Russian papers at that stage in the game must be translated. When your sweetie goes to the interview he/she is in Russia, and most Russians (and Americans working at the embassy in Russia) can read Russian so no translation is required.

Edited: Keep in mind..... If sending to an American address, it should be "in American." If it's going to be sent to a Russian address or viewed by people in Russia, it doesn't need to be translated "into American."

Edited by slim

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I agree Slim, People waste a lot of time and money getting the police report translated and it is not neccessary. I did not get mine done for either of the K-1's I have done.

The things I worried about in advance of our interview was first we do have a lot of age difference and sometimes that makes them do a tougher interview. Second, Our e-mail's could have looked a little suspicious. They were legit but she had her e-mail host loose all my e-mail to her but had copied everything to a word file but something like that could be faked. In her e-mails to me, I had printed about 50 for them but she had trial software on her computer and kept resetting her computer for October 06 to keep it active and all her e-mails to me were dated October 06 which worried me. We had no phone records. I had spent a lot of time making a nice but compact photo album. I did the cover page in Photo Shop and it was a collage of photos from our meetings with a list of our meetings in large type right in the middle. Inside were photos, boarding passes for both. Hotel reservations in both names, all very well organized and easy to follow. Even with all the work I put into that I am just as happy that they did not even look at the photos or e-mails.

Here is a copy of my fiancee's letter to me about the interview.

I leave my things at the apt. and went to look for the clinic where next day I should had medical. There was very heavy rain and wind and cold. I was walking there and thought I am lucky I took

with me warm cloth and umbrella despite in my city the weather is sill good.

Next day, I went medical. I met in the clinic two women from Sant-Petersburg I got friendly with. One was 42y.o but very good looking. She was fiancee a Russian man who has lived in America 11 years and has American citizenship. Other was 70 y.o. and was a mother of a scientist who was invited in America to work 14 years ago. The mother was in America 3 times and now did a visa to stay there. Both of the women said me my interview should go smoothly so as I am communicative, always smiling and in general I did very good impression on them. I showed the women where the embassy

is and we paid for DHL. At evening I pretended that I am on the interview and I answered all the questions you send me to check if I remember everything. Especially well I knew answers foe such a questions like - what do you have with your fiancee in common? Which nature in him you love and why?

Oh, my darling now I know why some use the term - Smoking-hot-kova when they speak about RW. So many smoking women on street as I saw at Moscow during the three day I had not seen during the rest of my passed life. Almost all of the women went on street or staid on bus- stop places and smoking. you will never see something similar in my city.

Embassy. There were a lot of people in line to embassy but there were about 17 numbers who like me were gonna stay in America. There were 5 fiancees, one Russian family with daughter born in America, a man, and about 10 old people. A half of the people passed interview before me. Some of them (mostly old people or couple) 3-4 numbers did not meet approval but they were not rejected either. They will have to come to the embassy again with documents they did not bring this time.

I very quickly got it friendly with two fiancée at embassy. One was a slim 36 y.o. woman and she was going to marry Russian- American man who she met at a restaurant four years ago. Other was a pretty, well-shaped, 38y.o. Moscow woman (English knowledge was zero). She was going to marry a 15 years older American man. She was so much lovely, nice, that I looked at her and thought why many men want young women when there are such lovely women as she was.

The consol who interviewed me was a man. I was happy with it. He, as a man did not see anything suspicious about our age gap. He asked me in VERY amicable way and with a charming smile four questions; 1-Do you speak English? 2-How are you? 3-Why your first relationship with American man

did not work out? 4- Have your fiancée ever been in Russian? When he listened to my answer # 4 he looked like he was sorry he asked me the question. So as instead of saying simply - yes, I told him a half of our history. I just decided I better tell him as much as possible in order to he did not ask any

more question. It did work out. He did not ask any more questions. He even did not fine it needed to see the photo album you made or our letters or other evidence of our relationship. After I stopped answering the question # 4 he said you will received your visa during one week. And I happily

went home.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Turboguy and congrats.

A little late with the congrats for you two as we have been very busy with preparing for our return to Russia. My wife arrived here 18 months ago and is excited to return to see her daughter and friends. We were waiting (6 months) for the Russian embassy to renew her passport and add her new family name to the passport. Got word last week that it is on the way and when we were able to confirm that with a FedEx tracking number we immediately worked on getting tickets.

She leaves next Wednesday for just over a month and I will follow to join her in October. A lot of shopping needs to be done now.....gifts for everyone!

Oh, and if you make it down to Florida this winter give us a shout.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Timeline
Hi Turboguy and congrats.

A little late with the congrats for you two as we have been very busy with preparing for our return to Russia. My wife arrived here 18 months ago and is excited to return to see her daughter and friends. We were waiting (6 months) for the Russian embassy to renew her passport and add her new family name to the passport. Got word last week that it is on the way and when we were able to confirm that with a FedEx tracking number we immediately worked on getting tickets.

She leaves next Wednesday for just over a month and I will follow to join her in October. A lot of shopping needs to be done now.....gifts for everyone!

Oh, and if you make it down to Florida this winter give us a shout.

I am sure she will be happy going back for a while and I am sure you will both have a wonderful trip. I am happy to hear it is all working out. We will be down in Florida the tail end of January and back in Mid Febuary. If you have time and are around we would be happy to try to meet up with you. I am sure we would both enjoy that a lot. Looking forward to hearing about your trip back to Russia.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm really late with my congrats, but I have a tendency of being late, so I'm sure you'll forgive me :D

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Timeline

Of course Sid and Nancy, Thank you very much.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Our late congratulations also. I remember well the struggles you went through two years ago, because we were four months behind you and getting prepared ourselves. Whatever happened to a certain Consul? (I'm sure you remember who). He seems to have vanished ...

05 07 05 .... Filed 129F with Nebraska Service Center

12 05 05 .... Successful interview -- visa granted

12 24 05 .... Married!

06 22 09 .... Irina takes the Oath and becomes a US Citizen

Timeline
Our late congratulations also. I remember well the struggles you went through two years ago, because we were four months behind you and getting prepared ourselves. Whatever happened to a certain Consul? (I'm sure you remember who). He seems to have vanished ...

Yes, even though I never met him I will never forget him. I don't think he is there anymore. The one she had this week was very pleasant and smily and only asked 4 questions and did not even ask to see photos or e-mails.

Thanks for sharing your fiancee's interview story. It is really helpful to see stuff like this. First-hand knowledge and recent accounts of what happens "inside" are worth their weight in gold.

I enjoyed reading it very much also because just reading it, I could hear the accent in her voice and see her little avatar picture describing it to your little avatar picture. Your little avatars are going to have so much fun together soon! Good luck guys. Really. You've been waiting since before I joined VJ, and now your wait is just about over. Congrats, and best wishes!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Thanks Slim, We are working on the details of her comming her now and I am sure we will have a wonderful life together. I am going to post some of her actual words and advice about the interview in case it helps someone. Here she is.

Today, finally DHL delivered me my visa!!! So all my worries got out of my head and I became able to analyze the past event – the interview.

I have some conclusions which (I hope) may help somebody.

1. It would be better if woman thinks of the C/O as of a wizard who may give her authorization to get beside her beloved, not as of an enemy who wants to refuse her request of visa. The more positive attitude about the C/O your fiancee has, the more chance she will make a good impression on the C/O and the more serene she will feel during the interview. The C/Os are professional psychologists, so if your relationship is build on love or at least a sincere bond they will easy understand and see that fact.

2. It could be good thing if you send to your fiancee the possible questions the C/O may ask her. It will help her to understand what she should talk with the C/O about to help him/her to make a positive decision. I could advise all women to formulate answers to the all possible questions and speak out loud to herself, the day before the interview.

3. When C/O asks your fiancee questions about your relationship and you, she should look for the opportunity to tell him more than the C/O asks her. I was at the embassy two times; I was a witness of more than 10 interviews. I have impression that in most cases, the more brief answer a woman gives to, the more questions she has to answer. The more questions C/O asks, the bigger chance one of the question will be difficult.

When the C/O asked me – has Turbo been in Russia? I did not answer the brief “Yes, he had been.” I added how many times he visited me in Russia; how many meeting we had; how much time we have spent face to face; why we have had pleasure of spending time together; what we have in common; what qualities I like best about Turbo, etc…it was very easy for me to formulate and speak out the information so as all these questions are in the list of the possible questions.

A little bragging… I passed the interview in English! After question “Do you speak English?” there were NOT more Russian words in our conversation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.