Fandango

McCann Parents Named as Suspects..

98 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
If I could be bothered I would go and cut some quotes from the start of this thread but I can't - they are there to be seen.

Really - where? All I found were these....

Now this doesn't make them murderers, mind you...

Maybe they aren't murderers, but there actions are questionable.

Something has never rang true in this case, the parents always seemed, well, can't think of the correct word, but just "not right".

Course, can't arrest someone for "not right" but you can be suspicious of them.

Agreed... there's just seemed something very 'not right' about them (and the way they've gone about the publicity etc) all along.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
ok well its up to you to make the rules apparently, but I tell you what - if I were a moderator I would pull the gratuitus accusations against the McCanns long before I pulled alan's (my) posts...

I think some posters here should stop and think 'what if' they are not guilty - can you imagine what they would feel reading some of the accusations on here ? I bet they would find my wild speculations more acceptable - especially as they were invented in order to try and open some closed minds around here..

My obviously wild scenarios made to prove a point will be far less sick than the 'she looks guilty' stuff if they do turn out to be innocent - we will see who is 'sick' then !

I think Dev was referring to your "story" about Maddy being stuck in a church crypt as "sick", not you personally.

I AM a moderator here and see no need to "pull" any comments. Since when is "speculation" against the TOS? It isn't and there are no wild accusations going on here that I can see.

Whenever I see closed minds and feeble accusations and assumptions based on personal demeanour and pure wrong facts (the blood was in the car they hired before the event) - it makes me despair of the mentallity of the general public. I know vj IS the general public with all it's variations so it is to be expected.

Travelling 4,000 miles to America will not broaden some people's minds by a millimetre...

It will broaden their bottoms though

I have no problem with you getting your point across, Alan. I will request that you try to do so without these types of remarks. Thanks.

I tell you this though - I was a 'REAL' detective for 6 years from 1969 so what? Not related to the issue at hand.

Whenever I see closed minds and feeble accusations and assumptions based on personal demeanour and pure wrong facts not true.

The people attacking the home of a 'paediatrician' sums it up... once again, not related to the issue at hand.

Travelling 4,000 miles to America will not broaden some people's minds by a millimetre not related to the issue at hand.

It will broaden their bottoms though judgemental, and still not related to the issue at hand.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
The people attacking the home of a 'paediatrician' sums it up...

Yes, everyone knows about that very famous incident - quite why you're bringing it up to chastise people for having such very poor taste as to allow themselves to wonder about, and question, what we're being told about this case... nope, I don't know. Oh yeah, that's right, everyone on this thread was in danger of trying to get a lynch mob of some sort together, that was it - until you came along to set things straight.

You mention people on this thread having 'closed minds'. Why would that be?

Because the drum I am banging is that there is far too little information (evidence) for US to go on and it's not fair or productive to start examining every little movement in the mother's face and saying something about her 'is not quite right'

That is my one and only point.

If you find that unacceptable then that will demonstrate a closed mind (to me at least)

If I was accused of killing my kid I would be twitching like Frank Spencer on cocaine withdrawal and I would be grinning and crying and dribbling and laughing and screaming - a total mess up - thats what people do.

It aint fair to come to conclusions over her expression - it just isnt fair

moresheep400100.jpg

What 'facts' have you actually added to the discussion?

Well I defined 'murder' for a start . People were struggling with the legal definition of what constituted murder so I provided it - did you miss that ? Why ? I put it in red for you ....

So you did, although I think to be more precise English law defines murder as '.....unlawful killing......'. I highlighted the word that you missed out in red.

"One person with a belief is equal to a force of 99 who have only interests."

John Stuart Mill

Timeline

ok people - we live in a democracy (tyranny of the majority) so I guess you win.

I hope the cameras are never pointing at YOU

moresheep400100.jpg

Because the drum I am banging is that there is far too little information (evidence) for US to go on and it's not fair or productive to start examining every little movement in the mother's face and saying something about her 'is not quite right'

You've used a lot of words to make that simple point.

"One person with a belief is equal to a force of 99 who have only interests."

John Stuart Mill

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you find that unacceptable then that will demonstrate a closed mind (to me at least)

If I was accused of killing my kid I would be twitching like Frank Spencer on cocaine withdrawal and I would be grinning and crying and dribbling and laughing and screaming - a total mess up - thats what people do.

It aint fair to come to conclusions over her expression - it just isnt fair

I gather from this post that it MUST be my post (or partially mine) that you are having a problem with. Because I had the audacity to say that something wasn't quite right about how she acted you seem to have taken issue with it.

Well, I stand by my comment and do not feel the need to apologise for it. Call it women's intuition, a mother's intuition...whatever. It's what I feel when I see footage of her and I can't change that. It's an opinion, MY opinion, that's all.

Not worth getting your knickers in a twist for. ;)

Edited by Mags

Timeline
What 'facts' have you actually added to the discussion?

Well I defined 'murder' for a start . People were struggling with the legal definition of what constituted murder so I provided it - did you miss that ? Why ? I put it in red for you ....

So you did, although I think to be more precise English law defines murder as '.....unlawful killing......'. I highlighted the word that you missed out in red.

If you want to talk legal defintions I can do that - I was selected for the Bramshill fast track academy in 1969 and came 4th in the UK Police Inspector's exams probably before you were born so I would love to indulge you in a debate on homicide case law etc - but I won't.. It's your loss as you might have learned something without having to google it...

Devillette still can't see the relevance of all that to a discussion on a possible murder - perhaps a postman might bring more to the discussion ? or a Devilette whatever she does ?

She selects my post line by line and puts her 'judgment' on each line in red then finishes by calling me judgemental -irony indeed

If I have riled someone by including a catholic priest in the wild scenario then you would have to have a totally closed mind to say that doesn't happen ! It's been all over the media for years and the church is paying huge millions in compensation.

That is just pure denial.

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline
I gather from this post that it MUST be my post (or partially mine) that you are having a problem with. Because I had the audacity to say that something wasn't quite right about how she acted you seem to have taken issue with it.

Well, I stand by my comment and do not feel the need to apologise for it. Call it women's intuition, a mother's intuition...whatever. It's what I feel when I see footage of her and I can't change that. It's an opinion, MY opinion, that's all.

I agree - but I was just trying to gently say lets have open minds and the roof came tumbling in !

I think people wanted a different kind of discussion - more whimsical

Mine was a mixture of comedy (attempted) with some deadly serious points and it was not on the menu for this post.

I never learn that VJ is not meant to be the Oxford Union debating society and 'heavy' views or surreal humour (attempted) are not wanted or appreciated or always understood ...

I do appreciate the lack of epithets though - you will know that most sites would have given me a whole load of horrible name calling and in the vj forums I frequent , that NEVER happens - so its a good crowd really and i do appreciate that...

ok well it seems to have become - should alan be excommunicated for mentioning naughty priests ? which is hijacking the thread - so I had better sit back on this one...

moresheep400100.jpg

I agree - but I was just trying to gently say lets have open minds and the roof came tumbling in !

I think people wanted a different kind of discussion - more whimsical

Mine was a mixture of comedy (attempted) with some deadly serious points and it was not on the menu for this post.

I never learn that VJ is not meant to be the Oxford Union debating society and 'heavy' views or surreal humour (attempted) are not wanted or appreciated or always understood ...

I do appreciate the lack of epithets though - you will know that most sites would have given me a whole load of horrible name calling and in the vj forums I frequent , that NEVER happens - so its a good crowd really and i do appreciate that...

ok well it seems to have become - should alan be excommunicated for mentioning naughty priests ? which is hijacking the thread - so I had better sit back on this one...

Focking hell, if that's 'gentle' I'd hate to see what else ya got.

If you had something to add, you could have done without the mad finger pointing sermonizing, much like that hobo on Oxford Street standing on his little wooden crate.

And I agree with Dev..the priest pisstakey bit was really in poor taste.

Edited by LisaD

Timeline
The only "fairness" is investigating in to the cause of the little girls death. If that means questioning the parents, then so be it.

Who died?

tut tut, that's a one liner, Alan :P

Very occassionally I prefer the rapier to the bludgeon and sometimes the stuffed pillow. Another one liner - chuckle

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline
Focking hell, if that's 'gentle' I'd hate to see what else ya got.

If you had something to add, you could have done without the mad finger pointing sermonizing, much like that hobo on Oxford Street standing on his little wooden crate.

And I agree with Dev..the priest pisstakey bit was really in poor taste.

I have nothing against Catholics at all. I have been part of a Catholic family - but I didn't know it was beyond the pale to mention paedophile priests in a discussion on possible paedophilia ?

Is it a taboo for Catholics to talk about it ? If so I can understand why it went on so long....

Really I don't want to make an issue about it and if it's so hurtful for Catholics to think about this then I would like to drop it now.

I want to drop it anyway as I don't want to broaden it in a thread where it isnt central to the plot. If you say it never happened or you dont want to hear it then ok.

Remember Mrs McCann is a Catholic and I am fighting for her rights on here - albeit unsuccesfully- and even though she might be guilty.

As I say - you guys win - force of numbers - plenty to say about me but little to say about the subject

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.