Ron/Sharon

$65.00 to step on U.S. Soil

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not wanting to give more ammunition than necessary to the other side I did what I thought was right to protect myself from further problems in the future. I called the CBP at Buffalo NY and asked for a waiver to enter the United States and was asked what is that and after talking with three people we finally figured out it was a parole that I was seeking. Well I got the parole and that is good, the bad part is that it is good for only 7 days and the bad part of that is I have 4 days of travelling 2 to get there and 2 get back. I was to leave today but the buss people screwed up, they said today at 4:30 would be the best for me, wrong, that would have brought me to Detroit and I have to go through Buffalo because the parole is only good at the point it was issued. So now I will be leaving at 2:15 tomorrow for Buffalo to get the parole papers which had I not called again and changed the time I would arrive would most likely have been cancelled. As you read above the cost is $65.00 US for the parole which has to be turned in at the border upon my return or suffer the consequenses. I should have saved more and flown down the CBP at the airport here agreed to give me a parole no cost with a 14 day limit because that is what I would have preferred to have in the first place. the good thing is I will be there on the day I need to be.

If the above doesn't make sense blame it on the massive headache I am present in possession of.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

Not wanting to give more ammunition than necessary to the other side I did what I thought was right to protect myself from further problems in the future. I called the CBP at Buffalo NY and asked for a waiver to enter the United States and was asked what is that and after talking with three people we finally figured out it was a parole that I was seeking. Well I got the parole and that is good, the bad part is that it is good for only 7 days and the bad part of that is I have 4 days of travelling 2 to get there and 2 get back. I was to leave today but the buss people screwed up, they said today at 4:30 would be the best for me, wrong, that would have brought me to Detroit and I have to go through Buffalo because the parole is only good at the point it was issued. So now I will be leaving at 2:15 tomorrow for Buffalo to get the parole papers which had I not called again and changed the time I would arrive would most likely have been cancelled. As you read above the cost is $65.00 US for the parole which has to be turned in at the border upon my return or suffer the consequenses. I should have saved more and flown down the CBP at the airport here agreed to give me a parole no cost with a 14 day limit because that is what I would have preferred to have in the first place. the good thing is I will be there on the day I need to be.

If the above doesn't make sense blame it on the massive headache I am present in possession of.

How bizarre. I'm so sorry, Ron. This is just ridiculous; they're so, so worried that you're a dangerous criminal that you have to get a waiver to get a fiance visa, but if you bring a little piece of paper to the POE you can come for a visit.

Do they put down the crack pipe in between drafting regulations or what?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Look on the bright side -- at least you have an option to even enter the US without a waiver having been approved. The majority of people who have to file waivers definitely do not have this option and are forced to remain outside the US (and usually separated from their SO for a long, long time).

Timeline

How bizarre. I'm so sorry, Ron. This is just ridiculous; they're so, so worried that you're a dangerous criminal that you have to get a waiver to get a fiance visa, but if you bring a little piece of paper to the POE you can come for a visit.

Do they put down the crack pipe in between drafting regulations or what?

They are just giving me more material for my auto-biography :thumbs: which will be in three part; pre-consulate, :devil: consulate :lol: and of course post consulate. (L) Guess which one will be a comedy of errors. There is no need to be sorry, I’m living this ####### and I can’t help but laugh at some of the things that are going on in my life right now, I’m just too old to give a rats a_s. Do you want to read a good one, when I was charged, I was charged with taking a vehicle with intent to drive. That is here in Canada, at the consulate they had it down at auto theft, and when I went to the CBP they said it was grand theft auto, now I’m afraid to hear what the next U.S. official I meet will say. What really happened is I borrowed a friends car and after the police told him I had had an accident he said I took it without his permission. Because I was offered a suspended sentence I took it, no problem, well at least for 31 years. Here in Canada I am and have been a public servant for the past 17 years with a security clearance equal to many of the consulates employees. So here I am not a criminal and my past because of a pardon is a none issue, but in the U.S.’s eyes I am a criminal :ph34r: not really a dangerous one but still a criminal that after 32 year of not offending may one day re-offend. To get the paper from the POE (CBP) I had to spend a bit over 2 days negotiating with them and faxing documentation about myself and documented proof from two sources in the States stating that my presence there would be nothing but beneficial to all concerned all the while being on the phone with them. The very first CO person I spoke to at a POE (CBP) said I didn’t have a valid reason for being in the States, I’m glad that other saw differently.

The crack pipe what do they do with it between drafts, well it is to my thinking that it just changes hands.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

Timeline
Look on the bright side -- at least you have an option to even enter the US without a waiver having been approved. The majority of people who have to file waivers definitely do not have this option and are forced to remain outside the US (and usually separated from their SO for a long, long time).

With a somewhat valid reason and the right documentation things can happen, but only if you try and make it happen. This will be my last entry into the States for a while, but that doesn't stop Sharon from coming here to visit.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

Timeline

With a somewhat valid reason and the right documentation things can happen, but only if you try and make it happen. This will be my last entry into the States for a while, but that doesn't stop Sharon from coming here to visit.

Myself and chris are here discussing you..........we just want everyone to be happy now i guess. But anyway, if you enter U.S on parole, you are in U.S leagally...........................what happens if you get married spur of moment. i know that is probably bad advise but the way i am looking at it.................if it is going to take 18 months for waiver it may be worth your while looking into it.

just curious about it ....................not telling you to do it.

Timeline

Oh Ron .. you just keep getting hit with money grab after money grab .... write that book when you're all said and done to recoup some of those losses ... I'll be one of the first in line with money in hand ;) ... always I have best wishes for you and Sharon :)

Met in Cleveland 07/07/05 ... Fireworks!!!

Emails and phone calls until first visit back September '05

Many trips to Cleveland and overnight stays in New York

Engaged 05/07/06

07/18/07 - Interview yeeehaaa .. approved

07/26/07 - received Visa from Montreal (should have received 07/24)

07/26/07 - POE Buffalo, NY (Peace Bridge) .. No EAD stamp

07/27/07 - Beautiful marriage .. now you may call me Mrs. :)

07/28/07 - Filed AOS,EAD, and AP for me and AOS and AP for my son via UPS .. received 08/01

08/16/07 - applied for ssn

09/03/07 - received ssn card

11/07/07 - AP approved and received 11/12/07 :)

11/19/07- EAD approved online and received same day (actual approval 11/07/07) :)

12/27/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

02/26/08 - 485's approved without interview

01/14/09 - Sent I-751 - removal of conditions

02/23/10 - Biometrics

03/17/10 - Removal of conditions approved .. card production ordered

"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Safe trip ron and I hope you guys make the best of the days you get together.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Proposed new rule: if the last criminal offense is older than the officer adjudicating the case, it doesn't count.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
:lol: nice one caladan!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ron, how did you find out about this waiver program. Can yo direct me to the site. I'm praying like crazy I can get something that would allow me to attend a family members wedding. I know it's different in your situation with Sharon's father passing away-my condolences to you both.

Married August 21 2004 in Nova Scotia!

October 19/04 sent I-130.

April 17/08 finally arrive back in New Orleans after 3 years and 8 months.

May 19/08 Perm Resident Card arrives.

July 24/08 Reapply for a new SS card with married name.

August 4/08 Baby daughter born.

Timeline

Absolutely incredible, Ron. Safe journey and I am glad you will be able to be with Sharon at this time. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Ron, how did you find out about this waiver program. Can yo direct me to the site. I'm praying like crazy I can get something that would allow me to attend a family members wedding. I know it's different in your situation with Sharon's father passing away-my condolences to you both.

I think I got the idea from reading here on VJ. What I did is I went to the airport here and asked if it were possible that I enter the U.S. being under a I-601 and to make a long story short they said yes once I presented copies of all the docs that were prepared for Montreal plus the doc that stated the reason for the K1 denial. Since the flight was too expensive I decided to take the bus. Taking the bus required that I contact the POE for me that was Buffalo NY, the airport said I would be able to have a 14 day parole, the POE at Buffalo would only allow 7 days. Well I left at 2:15 Friday and arrive here around 9:30 Sunday evening the funeral was Monday morning and a memorial was on Tuesday. Right now I should be on the buss going back to Ottawa but am delaying that tomorrow or Friday.

P.S. The Buffalo parole was to be given on the 7th but was in fact given at 12:45 on the 8th yet the issuing date remained the 7th. I left Toronto at 8 p.m. got to the border around 10 p.m. but was delayed at the border until 3 a.m. because nothing was prepared in advance. P.S.S. The POE personnel were suprised that we were given a I-601

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have a safe trip

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.