Vann

My Fiance's interview tomorrow

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm so very worried about my fiance. :/ She will be having her interview tomorrow and I am scared to death for the results. We've put our blood, sweat, tears, hearts and souls into this process and all I hope for is approval. I have the necessary papers I've sent her, we have pictures from BOTH my trips I took to see her (One trip on Sept. 2006 and one on May 2007), affidavit of support, filed visa applications, five paystubs from my two jobs, tax transcripts I requested from the IRS for: 2004, 2005, and 2006, a digital picture of me holding my passport in one and a recent newspaper in another picture (I only did this because I heard from somewhere it was requested by the embassy), exerpts of several Yahoo! messenger chats from dates of august, july, and june. I have already sent in the main brunt of our emails and ims with my petition. I also sent in one phonebill from July stating the number of international texts I had sent that month. I included employment letters from both my jobs but I could only get one of the letters with a letterhead. The other was ink stamped with the store's address but it DID have contact info (will this pose a problem if no letterhead?).

I also allowed my fiance to keep my first set of flight tickets I had taken on my second trip to see her. (Just the tickets for my flight on the way to her country--I still have the return flight tickets myself). I also sent photocopies of my first trip tickets with the petition.

My petition was accepted in February 2007 and approved rather quickly in late May, early June, much to my surprise. She also had her medical appointment just last week and passed it just fine.

Here is where I'm worried--I read about the poverty level requirements (125% above and all that) and realized that I just barely barely BARELY meet those requirements. My question is--will the fact that I just BARELY meet the 125% requirements pose any sort of problem for my fiance at her interview?

I guess I'm just saying that I'm nervous beyond anything and could really REALLY use some feedback from anyone who has gone through this interview process, LOL!

I met my fiance in December 2005 and we fell in love right away. She's the love of my life and I don't even know how I would react if she failed in this visa interview. It's everything we've both worked so hard for and sacrificed much for. Needless to say--it's been an exhausting and particularly emotional drain on us both and all we want is to be married and get on with our lives, no more waiting. We've gone through so much red tape and we're hoping to God this interview will be approved so that I can bring her here this January for our wedding.

If anyone can provide helpful feedback, please do so.

Am I just overreacting or overworrying?

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

September 25, 2006: Our first kiss :P

September 27, 2006: I proposed to her in person and she accepted! :)

December 20, 2006: Mailed I-129 K1 petition to Texas service Center

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

February 26, 2007: NOA1

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 23, 2007: Frantically prepared documents FedExed

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Interview date: after 8 agonising hours--APPROVED!!! :D

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

January 28, 2008: Marriage

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Please don't worry much. Everything will be Ok. Each peple has a heart and I believe the Consulate Officer will feel the love from your fiance. Your fiance will get the visa soon. Be happy and good luck. Berst wishes, J & V

Please don't worry much. Everything will be Ok. Each peple has a heart and I believe the Consulate Officer will feel the love from your fiance. Your fiance will get the visa soon. Be happy and good luck. Berst wishes, J & V

ditto :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

ditto :thumbs:

Heh! heh! I will try. :)

In some ways this feels like the night before Christmas and in others like the night before the big test that will determine whether or not you graduate. :blink:

I'll do my best to relax! :thumbs:

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

Good luck on her interview and I'm sure she will be just fine! :blush: You/she have all the necessary documents and proof of a bonafie relationship and that is what the CO will try to determine from the interview. Try to relax.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Timeline

Thanks, everyone! I'll try! :) She's in her interview right now!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

how and where are we going to check if my fiance is below or above that poverty level requirements?? im so lost about it...my fiance (the petitioner) is a college graduate from UCSD and works as an electrical engineer in a company in California while i, the beneficiary passed the Nursing board exam for the same state....i feel that we're definitely able to establish a good life together by God's grace.

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

how and where are we going to check if my fiance is below or above that poverty level requirements?? im so lost about it...my fiance (the petitioner) is a college graduate from UCSD and works as an electrical engineer in a company in California while i, the beneficiary passed the Nursing board exam for the same state....i feel that we're definitely able to establish a good life together by God's grace.

USCIS Poverty Guidelines: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.