Epiphany

Results of interview

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have to agree about not stressing out. You can search through here and see where most people dont have any problems as long as all the paperwork is in order. The only time that any one has a problem is when there is something wrong in the paperwork or something makes the consul suspicious. Then they will get tough. Im sure if anyone had any problems with this particular CO it would have been posted before. There must have been something that caught that CO's attention or maybe he or she just had a bad day. As far as being afraid that the CO might see what u write on here and take some type of action, let me say I work for the Government and its illegal for us to take action in a official capacity for what someone writes about us. If u not going to discuss what happened just keep it to yourself instead of getting everyone worried for nothing.

If you think its for nothing then have a nice day. I posted what I saw with my own eyes and ears. Im not going to be bullied into talking unitil she is in America.

Tell me how would you prove that someone lost your paperwork or worse?

And your statement makes no sense if you read my post. This did NOT just happen to us alone. I could hear the girls and the consol talking back and forth from the chairs. The last girl was in line at the finish window asking about her "problems" in front of us. She did not get approved.

Dude, Im not trying to argue with you. Im sure your case and even the girls in front of you that got denied may have had some reason. We don't know from the information. All Im saying is there is no reason to get our spouses/fiances stressed out and worried by making blanket statements without giving any info. You are not being bullied. Its good that u did approved but for those still waiting, there is enough stress without being worried that the consul is going to be a jerk to them when they get to the interview. Most people have good experiences during their interview. If there are some instances where the interview went badly, then there is usually something behind it. If everything is prepared and ready it usually goes smoothly, and yes u cant prove that they lost something you just have to prove to them whatever they want. I hope everything goes well with you in your new life, and for all others there is nothing stress about. Just be prepared, relax and if something does come up, deal with it then. That's all you can do.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
first- congrats on the approval.

cmon dude that is not cool. stressing everyone out about the interview & not giving up any info. :angry:everyone else has said if your relationship is genuine you should have no problems. just stay calm & answer the questions honestly. the Philippine gov't & US embassy do not monitor VJ. what happened? what was the mistake on your paperwork? please explain very tough & grilled. what is different in your case than the "nothing to worry about crowd"? you have me & several others stressing about this now.

Ditto! My fiance is in her interview right now and now I'm sitting here, massively stressed!

I could use some information desperately.

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

September 25, 2006: Our first kiss :P

September 27, 2006: I proposed to her in person and she accepted! :)

December 20, 2006: Mailed I-129 K1 petition to Texas service Center

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

February 26, 2007: NOA1

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 23, 2007: Frantically prepared documents FedExed

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Interview date: after 8 agonising hours--APPROVED!!! :D

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

January 28, 2008: Marriage

Timeline
I have to agree about not stressing out. You can search through here and see where most people dont have any problems as long as all the paperwork is in order. The only time that any one has a problem is when there is something wrong in the paperwork or something makes the consul suspicious. Then they will get tough. Im sure if anyone had any problems with this particular CO it would have been posted before. There must have been something that caught that CO's attention or maybe he or she just had a bad day. As far as being afraid that the CO might see what u write on here and take some type of action, let me say I work for the Government and its illegal for us to take action in a official capacity for what someone writes about us. If u not going to discuss what happened just keep it to yourself instead of getting everyone worried for nothing.

If you think its for nothing then have a nice day. I posted what I saw with my own eyes and ears. Im not going to be bullied into talking unitil she is in America.

And your statement makes no sense if you read my post. This did NOT just happen to us alone. I could hear the girls and the consol talking back and forth from the chairs. The last girl was in line at the finish window asking about her "problems" in front of us. She did not get approved.

Dude, Im not trying to argue with you. Im sure your case and even the girls in front of you that got denied may have had some reason. We don't know from the information. All Im saying is there is no reason to get our spouses/fiances stressed out and worried by making blanket statements without giving any info. You are not being bullied. Its good that u did approved but for those still waiting, there is enough stress without being worried that the consul is going to be a jerk to them when they get to the interview. Most people have good experiences during their interview. If there are some instances where the interview went badly, then there is usually something behind it. If everything is prepared and ready it usually goes smoothly, and yes u cant prove that they lost something you just have to prove to them whatever they want. I hope everything goes well with you in your new life, and for all others there is nothing stress about. Just be prepared, relax and if something does come up, deal with it then. That's all you can do.

Agreed.

This message is for OT:

I can understand how you care so much about your fiance and don't want to risk anything but you also have to understand that all of us are in the same exact boat as you and have the same exact feelings as you do.

I agree with everyone else--posting blanket commets about a horrid experience without backing it up is not a good tactic here. For people like me who had neither the time or money to make an emergency trip to be there during the interview like myself, I really don't need this added stress right now.

I appreciate what you were attempting to do in this post but you did many of us more harm than good, and I'm sorry but your comment about "Don't be all sad if you weren't even there with her" is rather insentive and rude. I'm in a dire situation right now. My fiance lost her job months ago, hasn't been able to find a new one, and I've been sending her money each month to be sure she can EAT, so sorry, but I can't afford a trip to be there on her interview.

You should really take other's feelings into consideration before you throw off comments like this because you have NO idea how stressful my life has been these past few months. Having a fiance to constantly worry about whether or not she eats every day isn't an easy thing to process let alone the fact she also has a thyroid condition she can barely afford to medicate herself for.

I'm sorry, but your post was VERY offensive and I feel quite angry right now.

Don't make assumptions and don't presume to say that those of us who weren't with our fiances at their interview shouldn't "cry about it" because some of us DO have extenuating circumstances, you know.

Unless your fiance has been suddenly fired from her job and has a sickness I must have treated the minute she gets to the US then you have NO idea what I'm going through nor do you have any right to make those claims about those of us who CAN'T be with our fiances during their interviews.

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

Agreed.

This message is for OT:

I can understand how you care so much about your fiance and don't want to risk anything but you also have to understand that all of us are in the same exact boat as you and have the same exact feelings as you do.

I agree with everyone else--posting blanket commets about a horrid experience without backing it up is not a good tactic here. For people like me who had neither the time or money to make an emergency trip to be there during the interview like myself, I really don't need this added stress right now.

I appreciate what you were attempting to do in this post but you did many of us more harm than good, and I'm sorry but your comment about "Don't be all sad if you weren't even there with her" is rather insentive and rude. I'm in a dire situation right now. My fiance lost her job months ago, hasn't been able to find a new one, and I've been sending her money each month to be sure she can EAT, so sorry, but I can't afford a trip to be there on her interview.

You should really take other's feelings into consideration before you throw off comments like this because you have NO idea how stressful my life has been these past few months. Having a fiance to constantly worry about whether or not she eats every day isn't an easy thing to process let alone the fact she also has a thyroid condition she can barely afford to medicate herself for.

Don't make assumptions and don't presume to say that those of us who weren't with our fiances at their interview shouldn't "cry about it" because some of us DO have extenuating circumstances, you know.

Unless your fiance has been suddenly fired from her job and has a sickness I must have treated the minute she gets to the US then you have NO idea what I'm going through nor do you have any right to make those claims about those of us who CAN'T be with our fiances during their interviews.

:thumbs: let's get some positive vibes going here.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

Agreed.

This message is for OT:

:thumbs: let's get some positive vibes going here.

I apologise for my attitude.

I just took a great amount of offense to this man's post. I love my fiance more than anything in the world, just like anyone else around here, and given my very VERY stressful situation with my fiance in and out of this visa situation I was very angered by his rather insentive tone about those of us who can't attend the interviews with our fiances.

*Sigh* I'm just stressed. My fiance is literally in her interview RIGHT NOW. :unsure:

I apologise to everyone for my attitude but I'm just under a lot of stress right now, as you can imagine, and I'm rather angry with the poster of this thread.

I've never lost my cool on this site before. :/

Timeline

Congrats on your Visa :dance: Everyone has there own experience with the CO its sounds like what was witnessed today is a reminder that all of us coming up for interviews like myself that won't be there will be role playing, educating, and double checking all the documents, at this point I will be glad when this process is over.

It's understandable Vann. It's unfortunate what the OP experience, but also didn't feel he should have made those blanket statements. this is a long and stressful process, no need to add to it.

at least you visa process is coming to an end.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

this post has become a bit "heated" but of course i do understand each side... when i had my interview, gosh no words can explain how i was going thru. even before then or at least the night before my interview i couldnt sleep (ladies if you could, then hail to you! lol)... ive read so many experiences good and bad, left and right and it could add a lot of stress, that i have to think every scenario, every question, every detail in every word that ive said or will going to say, non-stop praying (i was still praying while the CO was asking some questions)... i waited almost 2 hrs before somebody called my name and less than 20 minutes after that, i was out of the embassy... wow i could almost cant believe that was it... of all the heck ive been thru. lol... i know it sound so easy by saying this but i honestly believe that it wasnt that horrible (for most of us) of an experience. preparing your docs properly and complete is one of the most important thing. have the presence of mind to answer to very details like dates, names, and facts (like read what you and your behalf have wrote/answered on the docs coz it really helps)... i know some of us are nervous and scared but never flinch or dont make it that obvious coz by then they can smell you lol... eye to eye contact is one thing (although the CO never look at me in the eye coz she was so busy looking at my papers but follow what she's doing incase she will ask what's in the paper)... smile is the key too... i could say more and more but i really wish the ladies luck for the upcoming interview and congrats to epiphany for being approved and for making it to the interview for your girl... :thumbs:

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: Timeline

Vann: try to relax.

i called my fiance's sister today (USC living in OKC). she has many friends that have gone through the embassy alone in the last 18 months. she told me "its better she go alone, coz the CO may think the American is being pushy. they give the filipina bad time if he disrespect" (not being a smart azz, thats how she talks & what she said). i can see it, if someone comes in w/ a chip on their shoulder... thinking they should get special treatment because they are there. try not to worry, & just remember all the positive post about the Manilla embassy experience...(((((good vibes))))).

and as far as losing your cool....i do it all the time :devil: its cool :lol:

Timeline
this post has become a bit "heated" but of course i do understand each side... when i had my interview, gosh no words can explain how i was going thru. even before then or at least the night before my interview i couldnt sleep (ladies if you could, then hail to you! lol)... ive read so many experiences good and bad, left and right and it could add a lot of stress, that i have to think every scenario, every question, every detail in every word that ive said or will going to say, non-stop praying (i was still praying while the CO was asking some questions)... i waited almost 2 hrs before somebody called my name and less than 20 minutes after that, i was out of the embassy... wow i could almost cant believe that was it... of all the heck ive been thru. lol... i know it sound so easy by saying this but i honestly believe that it wasnt that horrible (for most of us) of an experience. preparing your docs properly and complete is one of the most important thing. have the presence of mind to answer to very details like dates, names, and facts (like read what you and your behalf have wrote/answered on the docs coz it really helps)... i know some of us are nervous and scared but never flinch or dont make it that obvious coz by then they can smell you lol... eye to eye contact is one thing (although the CO never look at me in the eye coz she was so busy looking at my papers but follow what she's doing incase she will ask what's in the paper)... smile is the key too... i could say more and more but i really wish the ladies luck for the upcoming interview and congrats to epiphany for being approved and for making it to the interview for your girl... :thumbs:

Well, concerning details, the Affidavit of Support form asked me the date I submitted my K1 Visa Petition to USCIS. Now, I first mailed it off in December but it came back to me in January rejected because I put the incorrect balance on the check (I know, stupid), and I resubmitted it in early february and my receipt notice said it was received in February....so I put "february" under the "date petition submitted" section. Should this pose a problem?

The petition had a stamp on it saying the received date was December 26, 2006, but I put the official date of February as my submission date on the Affidavit as February was the date the Petition was officially received to process.

It's understandable Vann. It's unfortunate what the OP experience, but also didn't feel he should have made those blanket statements. this is a long and stressful process, no need to add to it.

at least you visa process is coming to an end.

Thanks for your kind support this evening, ma'am or sir.

Yes, I'm relieved to know this drawn-out process has about ended. My fiance and I have been excited and wanted to marry on our two-year anniversary this January.

Timeline
Vann: try to relax.

i called my fiance's sister today (USC living in OKC). she has many friends that have gone through the embassy alone in the last 18 months. she told me "its better she go alone, coz the CO may think the American is being pushy. they give the filipina bad time if he disrespect" (not being a smart azz, thats how she talks & what she said). i can see it, if someone comes in w/ a chip on their shoulder... thinking they should get special treatment because they are there. try not to worry, & just remember all the positive post about the Manilla embassy experience...(((((good vibes))))).

and as far as losing your cool....i do it all the time :devil: its cool :lol:

Thank you for that information! :) My fiance mentioned being nervous a couple days ago but when I last spoke to her very early this morning she seemed just fine. She's still in her interview now as I haven't received a text from her. I hope she's doing OK. She had SUCH a nightmarish experience at St. Luke's last week. She had to wait SEVEN hours the first day for exams and five hours the next day just to get the results. She even got sick from all the waiting, which is ironic.

Thank you for understanding. I never lose my cool with anyone unless they've done something I consider to be VERY offensive, believe me.

I also lost my cool because I feel incredibly guilty that I can't be there with her right now.

I also proud to admit that she happens to be my first and only love. My first girlfriend, first kiss. The same goes for her. I was her first boyfriend/kiss/love as well. We're each other's one and only, as rare as that seems to be these days. :)

that's sweet VANN lol... you're both lucky

as for your questions, i couldnt really confirm that, coz we never had the affidavit of support when we submitted the petition. we had it 2 months before the interview coz back then they say the recent the better so we dated it oct. from the day we notarized it (im not sure if that's what you're implying. just correct me if im wrong). we submitted the petition around march of 06 and had the AS oct. and interview dec. so the date never really matter i guess (as long as its still valid)

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline
that's sweet VANN lol... you're both lucky

as for your questions, i couldnt really confirm that, coz we never had the affidavit of support when we submitted the petition. we had it 2 months before the interview coz back then they say the recent the better so we dated it oct. from the day we notarized it (im not sure if that's what you're implying. just correct me if im wrong). we submitted the petition around march of 06 and had the AS oct. and interview dec. so the date never really matter i guess (as long as its still valid)

OH! About the date--the affidavit was asking the date my petition was submitted and I put down February 2007. The thing is, though--I had actually mailed it in near the end of December 2006 but it was sent back to me rejected in January due to my check being signed incorrectly. However, the petition was stamped as December 26, 2006. However, I turned the petition back in in early February and received the NOA#1 confirming my petition had been received and was to begin processing. So, I put in February as my submission date as that was the date of my OFFICIAL NOA#1 and the officially month it began processing.

I'm asking if this should pose a problem since the petition was stamped December 2006. I just felt at the time that it would be wiser to be put February rather than my rejection date of December on the affidavit of support form.

BTW, I filled out my affidavit a month ago so it's pretty recent! :)

Also, for annual income I put the income of my 2006 tax return as it was a definite and official income number. As of this year, doing calculations, there MAY be a $800-$1,000 difference, depending on my work hours and christmas bonus. I also work two jobs and made sure to include a few recent check stubs from both jobs with the package I sent her a couple weeks ago.

These are the reasons I've been worried, mostly.

then you're good i believe :thumbs: ... we followed the NOA1 date since thats the official receipt... she'll be fine. let's just hope for the best and more prayers

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: Timeline
Ailene's interview appointment was 7:30 am. She was back at the hotel calling me by 8:45 am and she even stopped and bought a load for her phone.

I know some ladies have to wait a while to be called, and it takes lot longer than Ailene.

She said the consul was very polite and even laughed during her interview. He only asked her question about me, when did i visit her, where we went, was i married before, and whats my job. After the interview he said " you are approved, are you happy?"

I just can't imagine why the consul would want to have a girl in tears.

Thats just my two cents worth...

That was window 27. The person at window 27 was averaging about 3 minutes per interview and everyone walked out happy. We were praying for that window. That was the good consol to get. But I did not see anyone who came and went in 1 hour. I watched the numbers and the quickest numbers in the 6k range were finishing about 10am. We arrived at 6am. Thats 4 hours minimum. Dont know how anyone could go through in 30 minutes. The line to get in was more then that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.