ColombianoGringo

Filing I-130 and I-129F together appears to be acceptable to USCIS

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
so i dont need the reciept for the I-130 NOA1 in I-129F.

Hold your horses. The example you quoted was for filing the two petitions together. If you've already filed the I-130 you need to provide proof you did so. The NOA1 is one way to do that. A copy of your cancelled check is another.

When you file them together, the I-130 in the same envelope with the I-129F serves as the proof it was filed.

"Proof" is the operative word.

Has anyone tried filing their I-129F for the K3 after the I-130 was sent in, without the NOA1 or cancelled check?

If so what were your issues or how did you do it?

This is one of those incidents in which I cannot guarantee a response because you don't know to which service center your I-130 is pending. That is why in one of my previous posts I had stated that this might only work if you were from one of the service centers where your I-130 and I-129f are sent to the same one."

Do you have a copy of your certified mail, return receipt? If you do not have a copy of the cancelled check? Do you have any proof that you sent in your I-130 besides a copy? Overnight receipt, etc.? If so, then you can mail in your I-129f with a copy of the I-130 and this receipt and they will accept it. I know about 5 people who have done this so far. Look under the thread that says "Sending in I-129f without NOA1 from I-130."

If I send in the I-129f without the NOA1 on the I-130 where do I send it. The instructions say to send it to the same place the I-130 was filed (Nebraska in our case) however I know that Nebraska is not hadnling the I-129f nor the I-130 and am assuming they are forwarding them to California. Anyway know. Thanks

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Please be careful when thinking of sending in your I-129F without some sort of proof that you filed an I-130. I never meant to suggest doing that in this thread. I sent my petitions in together. The I-130 itself served as proof of filing.

I would not send in your I-129F without some kind of proof. You should at least send in a copy of a canceled check and a USPS return receipt.

Married: June 11, 2007 - San Andres Isla, Colombia

I-130

7/27/2007 - Sent I-130 Package to TSC*

7/30/2007 - Received by TSC

8/28/2007 - NOA-1 date - CSC

3/19/2008 - NOA2 date -CSC

I-130 held by USCIS for future AOS

I-129F

7/27/2007 - Sent I-129F Package to TSC*

7/30/2007 - Received by TSC

8/30/2007 - NOA-1 - Fee waived

3/19/2008 - NOA2

4/3/2008 - Received by NVC

4/10/2008 - Received by embassy

4/11/2008 - Faxed packet 3 forms to embassy

4/30/2008 - Appointment date assigned

6/19/2008 - Appointment at Bogota Embassy - APPROVED!!!

No touches except when I called CSC directly to inquire.

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Still being lazy and waiting to do AOS.

*I-130 and I-129F sent together to TSC per USCIS instructions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.