GlenAndLisa

Not A Great Memory

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So... my fiance will have to fill out the form that tells what jobs he's had and places he's lived over a period of years... but he honestly can't remember a great deal of it! He's 44 and has lived in a huge number of places since he's been 16, plus he's had a lot of jobs over the years.

Does anyone have any advice on how we should handle this? Is there any way to find out this information? We don't want to have gaps on his paperwork, but we just don't know how to jog his memory.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Do the best you can! If he had a credit card, perhaps the credit card company has a history of his addresses?

So... my fiance will have to fill out the form that tells what jobs he's had and places he's lived over a period of years... but he honestly can't remember a great deal of it! He's 44 and has lived in a huge number of places since he's been 16, plus he's had a lot of jobs over the years.

Does anyone have any advice on how we should handle this? Is there any way to find out this information? We don't want to have gaps on his paperwork, but we just don't know how to jog his memory.

Depending on whether your fiance has a credit history, a credit check report may bring some of the addresses up.

I have previoused used the following in the UK, it is free and powered by Experian:

http://www.creditexpert.co.uk/

"One person with a belief is equal to a force of 99 who have only interests."

John Stuart Mill

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
You only need to state employment for the past 10 years.

More like 5 years (per the G-325a)

DS-230, question 22. List below all employment for the last ten years.

Gotcha... 10 years however is still a lot easier than 28

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

im 31 and i have senior moments and cant remember yesterday :P

or was that the vodka?

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Claudeth’s was easy, she was a babysitter for her aunt before she met me. She then entered into the life of leisure :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

He can't remember the last 5 years?

Yes. But he can't remember every place he's lived since the age of 16. That's an awful lot to remember when you've moved around a lot.

Lol...yeah...10 year is much better than 28! I bet he can remember the last 10?

He might remember the jobs he's held for the past 10 years, but he had to remember every place he's lived since the age of 16!! And he's moved around a lot!

How about the data in his tax returns? They should state the employer, right?

Good luck, L.

I don't think they fill out tax returns in England... :unsure:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Ive moved more than enough times since i was born and i can remember each and every address. if he cant remember, have his ask someone in his family who will remember.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

More like 5 years (per the G-325a)

DS-230, question 22. List below all employment for the last ten years.

Gotcha... 10 years however is still a lot easier than 28

I think he does need to remember everywhere he has lived for 28 years.

DS-230 Part I, question 20: "List below all the places you have lived for at least six months since reaching the age of 16, including places in your country of nationality."

Now the good news is that the form does not request the street address for places lived. It only requests city/town, province (state), country and the applicable dates for each residence.

That makes it easier, but still a challenge for people like me who need to dig up old utility bills to see when I moved.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yes. But he can't remember every place he's lived since the age of 16. That's an awful lot to remember when you've moved around a lot.

If he has lived in one country all his life then it is moot as most PC's nowadays cover stays in the entire country ... on the other hand, if he can't remember if he has ever lived in France but maybe thinks he has .... then he has bigger problems ..... :)

I don't think they fill out tax returns in England... :unsure:

You better ask because of course they do...

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.