sereia

lost baggage at airport

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi everyone, long time no chat! i need some advice!!!

when my fiance arrived one of his bags was lost. we filed a claim with jetblue and they sent us a form to fill out of all the lost contents inside the bag. we did and the baggage claim handler claims she never received our form and everytime i call i am either put on hold forever or its a busy signal. i feel like they are completely ignoring our case and we'll never get any answers. my fiance just wants his bag back! all of his clothes were lost and not exactly replacable at moroccan prices in the US. :blush:

has anyone ever dealt with this situation before and can give advice? or can anyone give advice on how to get some answers? i never imagined jetblue would give us such terrible customer service in my life!!! i've flown them many times with a smooth outcome but this is ridiculous! my fiance has been here about 6 weeks now with no clothes, no answer, no money for his loss. :angry:

help!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Don't waste anymore time dealing with their customer service or baggage claim department. Call their corporate office and demand to speak to someone in "executive level resolution" or high level customer service issues.

JetBlue Airways Corporation

118-29 Queens Blvd.

Forest Hills, NY 11375

Phone: 718-286-7900

Fax: 718-709-3621

I can't speak for the airline industry but most people I know who were separated from their luggage while traveling eventually got the luggage back. Was there anything of great value in the luggage?

I hope you get some sort of response soon. Go complain to management, sometimes they will listen.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

That's a long time to run around in your birthday suit! :P

You could try contacting them via email. The response time is longer, but you have some written evidence of your complaint. They don't address luggage in the current online version of their Customer Bill of Rights, but they say they will in the future:

http://www.jetblue.com/about/ourcompany/promise/faq.html

I'd be buckin for some compensation at this point... not just for the luggage, but also for the lack of response! RT tickets to anywhere in the US would probably shut me up...

Good luck!

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Welcome to the real world of low cost airlines. No customer service and no help when things go wrong.

If the bag has been missing for 6 weeks the odds of them finding it are almost nil.

If they are like most airlines the amount of compensation they will pay is based on the weight of the bag, so many dollars per pound of weight and not on the value of the contents, it will be in the Contract of Carriage. Sorry if I sound pessimistic but I've worked at an airport and I've seem just how little the airlines care.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I hate to say this but 6 weeks is way too long. They would have returned it to you by now. JetBlue is a low cost airline that probably doesn't focus much on customer service. If the only thing of value in his bag was clothing, I would let it go and move on. at least he made it to you, right? Unless, you want to fight the airline and get compensation, I'd just let it go... It could be fun shopping for a new wardrobe for your guy!

Edited by Jason-Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

yeah i've never met anyone in my life who lost their luggage FOREVER. always it was returned within a few days. poor abdou...his first flight ever in his life and they lose his entire wardrobe. lol

there were a few things of great value in there (i insisted he put them in his carry-on but he didn't listen) and i know we'll never get compensated for that. :(

i gave the corporate a call and of course, was sent to a voice mail. i'll keep trying. but in the meantime, never am going to fly that airline again!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

If you never find it drive to Scottsboro, AL and visit Unclaimed Baggage! It might be there!

I hope you get your bag back, I had mine "misplaced" once also (luckily on the return trip so I actually had clothes at home, although they were full of christmas pressies from England I didn't want to lose! :() and it was such a big pain getting in touch with anyone. They turned up a couple of days later thankfully.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Timeline
yeah i've never met anyone in my life who lost their luggage FOREVER. always it was returned within a few days. poor abdou...his first flight ever in his life and they lose his entire wardrobe. lol

there were a few things of great value in there (i insisted he put them in his carry-on but he didn't listen) and i know we'll never get compensated for that. :(

i gave the corporate a call and of course, was sent to a voice mail. i'll keep trying. but in the meantime, never am going to fly that airline again!

I would call back and ask for the office of the president. You'll probably get his executive assistant who will at least be able to guide you . . .

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I hate to say this but 6 weeks is way too long. They would have returned it to you by now. JetBlue is a low cost airline that probably doesn't focus much on customer service. If the only thing of value in his bag was clothing, I would let it go and move on. at least he made it to you, right? Unless, you want to fight the airline and get compensation, I'd just let it go... It could be fun shopping for a new wardrobe for your guy!

Personally I could never do this. If they lost my baggage it would be their fault and I'd need to see some sort of compensation sent my way. I wouldn't care how long it took, nor whom I had to contact, I'd never give up bugging them. Ever. ;)

Timeline

Personally I could never do this. If they lost my baggage it would be their fault and I'd need to see some sort of compensation sent my way. I wouldn't care how long it took, nor whom I had to contact, I'd never give up bugging them. Ever. ;)

Me neither!!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Continental lost my wifes only suitcase when she flew from Newark to Tampa. It made it all the way from the philippines and then gets lost. We went right to the baggage department and made our claim. Continental delivered it to our front door the next day. The name tag was missing but her name was written with magic marker on the suitcase itself.