erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Administrator please close thread.

What happened??????? :unsure:

ditto

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

What happened??????? :unsure:

ditto

Awwwwww......one of the few MENA threads that hasn't gone crazy and the OP wants it closed? :crying: I like seeing so many happy thoughts on this thread :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

and the mystery deepens. :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Why?

And if you really want it closed then you should PM Ewok.

or a moderator.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thread dead per lack of participation after 3 or4 days. I'll figure out how to PM Ewok. Thx!

Edited by OlivianWaleed

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thread dead per lack of participation after 3 or4 days. I'll figure out how to PM Ewok. Thx!

I think this would be a great thread just to keep on the boards as future reference. The number of threads that go bad in the MENA forum greatly outweighs those that don't like this one. This thread tells good stories of VJ members and their SO's when more often than not, we hear all the bad.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think this would be a great thread just to keep on the boards as future reference. The number of threads that go bad in the MENA forum greatly outweighs those that don't like this one. This thread tells good stories of VJ members and their SO's when more often than not, we hear all the bad.

I agree. Participation comes and goes after a few days, but folks will stumble on a good thread like this one from time to time and bump it, and then new folks might see something nice that they missed. It's also nice to be able to bring it up when a member is going through a little storm in an otherwise healthy and loving relationship. Once a thread is closed, no chance of being bumped back up, so please let the thread live. :luv:

I haven't made a contribution so far, so here are some of mine. If I'm washing the dishes, he will move on in and start scrubbing them so I move over to rinse and dry. He loves doing housework together, and if there's a job that seems harder to him, he will take that one, often displacing me from what I was doing. :lol: If we're carrying bags of groceries, he will trade the bags around until he has the heaviest ones. If we're leaving the house together and I'm carrying a bag (other than my purse), he will just take it from me. I'm used to carrying my own stuff, and it took some time for me to learn to just let the bag go because carrying it is one way he expresses his love.

He is not shy at all with the PDA. Sometimes when we're out shopping or running around, he throws both arms around my neck while we are walking, until it becomes difficult to walk. Then he walks with an arm around my shoulders. I've never been much of a public affection person, but I love this. It got us a scolding from a train conductor in Morocco. :blush: He also likes to put music on, pull me up from the sofa, and dance with me. I've always been shy and quiet, never danced much, but when I try to dance with him, as clumsy as I am with his traditional dancing, it gives him so much obvious pleasure to see me try. That's part of something larger. I never feel like I'm lacking anything with him. My dancing, my "singing," the way I look, he likes all of it. He loves me exactly as I am.

I have learned that he is a much better cook than I am. Whenever he makes something, he smiles and studies my face until I have tasted it, and he will never take the first bite. Whenever he gets something for himself, he feeds me first, often literally. Last night, it was grapes while we were watching a movie.

If we're sitting close to each other and he notices something out of place on my face or hair, he fixes it. He will brush my hair, or he will grab the tweezers and pluck a stray eyebrow. The other day I mentioned that I had a headache, so he immediately began massaging my forehead so hard it brought tears to my eyes, but the headache was gone in seconds.

Our apartment creaks much more than his concrete-walled home in Morocco does. We occasionally hear a noise, and he will creep out of bed to investigate, motioning for me to stay back. This is something I'm certainly not used to! But he has also given me some self-defense lessons. He doesn't see me as weak, and he wants me to be able to handle myself when he's not around, but when he is around, he shows me that I'm protected. I've been taking care of myself for a long time, but that sure feels good.

One of the most special things to me is the way he treats my family, hugging my parents, kissing my mom when she had been ill. He is so kind and generous.

He never raises voice or hand in anger. This, in turn, helps me to keep my cool. I was never a big yeller during most arguments, but I would tend to get "mean-faced" and harsh-toned. His example has helped me soften that up a lot, and it feels so much better.

That's enough for now; nothing that unusual. There are other things that are just too personal. Just wanted to let the OP know that I, too, think her thread has a lot of value, I'm glad she started it, and I hope she will let it linger for the times we need it, whether it has a lot of traffic right now or not.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

mona, Mine does the same "dancing thing". He will out of the blue stand up and start dancing and actually seems to be disappointed if I don't participate. I love it when we dance :)

I hope the thread stays alive- its nice to have such a positive place to visit when my day is low (which is most days lately).

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline
mona, Mine does the same "dancing thing". He will out of the blue stand up and start dancing and actually seems to be disappointed if I don't participate. I love it when we dance :)

I hope the thread stays alive- its nice to have such a positive place to visit when my day is low (which is most days lately).

I already PM'd Ewok to close it, but after reading you all do want it open I'll PM him again not to close it.

Edited by OlivianWaleed

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I already PM'd Ewok to close it, but after reading you all do want it open I'll PM him again not to close it.

I don't think that I have ever seen a thread closed due to people who stop posting in it. Usually they get closed due to conflict.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just returned from a visit to my SO in Egypt. WOW!! At the airport in Cairo that night I returned it was mad. Simply mad there. So busy and the people there that night were yelling and pushing to get through security. My sweet SO (all 6 foot 3 inches of him against MY 5 foot 3 inches) stayed with me to get me up to the security thing. Well...a disagreement occured in front of us. He immediately took his arm to guide me behind him and held me behind him....p;utting himself between me and any issues that were going on in front of us. Now...I raised three kids mostly alone...so I know I can handle this stuff...but was sooo nice to feel that protected. I loved it.

Timeline
:luv: Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. For more warm fuzzy thread reading see the thread on what our VJ names mean. Pretty sweet and cute! (L) Edited by OlivianWaleed

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

A pretty thing my Panda Bear did last night was wish me a Happy Birthday though it's a week away.

He said, "So I am the first to say it."

LOL! I love him! (L)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.