Willyn and Larry

Denied today, worst day of my life

104 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think we are getting off the subject. I have been in contact with my local congressman and he said he will look into it. I dot think there i much he can do but thought it was worth a try. My advice to to LIE if need be. If jennifer would of lied she would have been approved.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I think we are getting off the subject. I have been in contact with my local congressman and he said he will look into it. I dot think there i much he can do but thought it was worth a try. My advice to to LIE if need be. If jennifer would of lied she would have been approved.

Don't you think the first logical step would be to consult with an attorney? Congressmen don't exactly have much power over the goings-on of a US Consualte in the Phillipines.

Material Misrepresentation is a severe matter.

If answering NO to a question that is designed to flesh out the drug usage of a petetitioner in the last three years (when in fact the usage happened well before that three year period) is a "material misrepresentation" than you are correct. These sorts of questions need to be answered in light of the law or administrative code behind their drafting. With that being said, hopefully the OP is NOT wasting his time reading this nonsense, but is calling a qualified immigration attorney who can formulate a plan of attack on how to best proceed.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

First, let me say that I hope there is a path for you to mend your situation. I do believe that you should be seeking a good immigration attorney rather than a query from your congressman.

Now, I understand you are frustrated, shocked, angry, etc., but I also think that does not give you some special right to violate the TOS

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

First, let me say that I hope there is a path for you to mend your situation. I do believe that you should be seeking a good immigration attorney rather than a query from your congressman.

:yes:

:yes:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Material Misrepresentation is a severe matter.

If answering NO to a question that is designed to flesh out the drug usage of a petetitioner in the last three years (when in fact the usage happened well before that three year period) is a "material misrepresentation" than you are correct. These sorts of questions need to be answered in light of the law or administrative code behind their drafting. With that being said, hopefully the OP is NOT wasting his time reading this nonsense, but is calling a qualified immigration attorney who can formulate a plan of attack on how to best proceed.

I agree.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, I had a long talk with jennifer and got the whole truth out of her on what St. lukes asked and what she said. When asking all the questions they asked if she had ever done any drugs and she said yes. They asked her when she did them and how many times. She told them that she had done shabu sometime in 2001 and only 1 time in 2001. She then told them she did it also 1 time in the spring of 2006 when she was going thu a rough time and a friend said try this it will help you. She then I guess had at sometime during medical had to talk to a shrink and he asked agout the drugs and she told him the same thing. Then at embassy teh examiner ask and she told her the same story. So where we stand here looks like we are screwed. I cant beleive because she used a drug 2 times in her life she was denied. All her bloodwork passed. I have spoke to a immagration lawyer and he said there isnt much he can do but will loook into it, of course that cost me 250 bucks. So eiher way I am going to wait and reapply and have some questions about that, I cant for 2 years and she cant have done any drugs in 3 years correct? Do we start all over fresh or is the visa pending? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok, I had a long talk with jennifer and got the whole truth out of her on what St. lukes asked and what she said. When asking all the questions they asked if she had ever done any drugs and she said yes. They asked her when she did them and how many times. She told them that she had done shabu sometime in 2001 and only 1 time in 2001. She then told them she did it also 1 time in the spring of 2006 when she was going thu a rough time and a friend said try this it will help you. She then I guess had at sometime during medical had to talk to a shrink and he asked agout the drugs and she told him the same thing. Then at embassy teh examiner ask and she told her the same story. So where we stand here looks like we are screwed. I cant beleive because she used a drug 2 times in her life she was denied. All her bloodwork passed. I have spoke to a immagration lawyer and he said there isnt much he can do but will loook into it, of course that cost me 250 bucks. So eiher way I am going to wait and reapply and have some questions about that, I cant for 2 years and she cant have done any drugs in 3 years correct? Do we start all over fresh or is the visa pending? Thanks

Larry, i will still include you in my prayers.. It's tough but can make it through.... Hang on... you'll get there

If she admitted to drug use in 2006, then obviously that has taken place within the last 3 years - which makes her inadmissable (see below), but it does appear you can have another interview after 3 years have passed. It may be a good idea to have her undergo some kind of rehab or see a counselor about it to help with the interview at that time.

I'm sort of surprised that the lawyer you spoke to didn't seem to know what was quoted below.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but it sounds like this is a serious drug (the equivalent to meth?) and not something to mess around with - whether she's 'only' taken it two times or is a full blown addict.

Generally the rule is: Persons who admit during the medical exam to using an illegal drug within the last three years, or who are found with these substances in their system after drug screening, are inadmissible as drug abusers

Drug use is a visa ineligibility and there is no waiver available. But you are supposed to be given the option to wait three years and have another interview.

Most consulates require you to prove that you have been in remission for three years since the last drug use and you need to be prepared with evidence that you have undergone drug counseling or similar rehabilitation.

I suggest you read this section of attorney Laurel Scott's 601 waiver memo as well as contact her for a consult and advice on how to proceed. While this section of her memo is in regard to drug findings at Ciudad Juarez, surely she can provide some legal advice and accurate information for you:

http://www.visacentral.net/I601Memo.pdf

There have been some concerns related to the drug history questions asked during the medical exam down in Juarez. Read AILA Practice Alert document 06020110 so you can properly prepare your clients. If the alien reveals virtually any drug experimentation in the past three years, he/she risks a finding of inadmissibility as a drug abuser or addict and will be ineligible to apply for a waiver of that particular ground of inadmissibility. He/she will have to show three years of sobriety. This does not appear to comply with the Foreign Affairs Manual. Direct any complaints to the Centers for Disease Control, Division of Global Migration and Quarantine, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Mailstop E-03 Atlanta, GA 30333. If you disagree with the finding, ask the consular officer to file an Advisory Opinion request with CDC. Other than that, there’s nothing the Department of State can do for you, and you do not have the option to file the Advisory Opinion request directly with CDC yourself.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Larry, i will still include you in my prayers.. It's tough but can make it through.... Hang on... you'll get there

same her, larry...

same her, larry...

sane here larry...

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application

12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

[Received in mail last 01/26/07]

01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks

01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice, dated 01/22/2008

01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule, Notice date 01/25/2008

02/15/2008.....Biometrics Schedule

02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

03/06/2008.....Issued EAD Card (Employment Authorization)

04/23/2008.....Received Interview Schedule

06/11/2008.....Interview Schedule - Phoenix, AZ

06/14/2008.....Received Notice for the Approval of AOS Application

06/16/2008.....Received Green Card.

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.unforgettable-weddings.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Like Tracy said, it was in the past three years - clearly that's the problem.

Why don't YOU contact the consulate directly and ask them what their procedure is?

Again, you need to know:

1) Will they allow her to re-interview in three years?

2) What proof of rehab do they require?

3) How do you keep the approved petition alive during that time?

Without answers to these questions, you cannot make any educated decisions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm sorry about all this....Sometimes you just try to be honest with everything and this is what happens. Anyways, I didn't know we have to get a blood test at the interview? I thought it was only a physical exam...So I guess some people had said no to this question during the exam because I'm sure some people had try once in their lifes drugs like marihuana.... but this Shabu seems to be something strong. Damn! I wish she could've just said no to this questions....

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

I really am sorry about your case.

Your fiance's case belongs to "CLASS A CONDITIONS" -> an Alien/applicant is determined to have a physical or mental disorder (including communicable disease of public health significance or drug abuse.addiction) that renders him or her ineligible for admission or adjustment of status.

There has been amendments on how Panel Physicians/Civil Surgeons do their medical examinations. This is how the process goes (would have been if they do it by the book) with their determination/conclusion:

DRUG ABUSE or ADDICTION -> the amendments to the Act (Immigration Nationality Act) replace the previous exclusion of the "narcotic drug addicts" with a broader category: "Drug abuser or addict." The borader category includes aliens who are engaged in the nonmedical use of any substances named in section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act, as amended (21 U.S.C. 812). This includes amphetamines (shabu) and related substances, cannabinoids, cocaine and related substances, hallucinogens, opioids and related substances, PCP and related substances, sedatives, hypnotics, or anxiolytic substances (tranquilizers).

Under Psychoactive Drug Abuse: NONMEDICAL USE - considered to be more than experimentation with the subsatnce (e.g. a single use of marijuana or other non-prescribed psychoactive substance such as amphetamines or barbiturates). When a clinical question is raised as to whether the use was experimental or part of a pattern abuse, a physician with experience in the medical evaluation of substance abusers should be consulted to assist in making this determination.

If it is determined that the applicant is using or has used a psychoactive substance, the physician must:

1. Determine whether the applicant is currently using or has has used the psychoactive substance in the last 3 years (for substance listed in th section 202 of the Controlled Substances ACt), or in the last 2 years (for other psychoactive substances)

2. Determine whether there is history or current evidence or harmful behavior, dysfunctional behavior, or physical disease related to the psychoactive substance use.

In your case: The panel physician had determined that your fiance is in Class A and was referred to a Psychiatrist/Psychologist (shrink as you wrote) for further evaluation. What the Psychiatrist wrote in her/his evaluation-> that is what determines her ineligibility that relates to her use of the Controlled Substance. But since I think we cannot get hold of the medical results, we would not know what the Psychiatrist wrote and what made the Adjudicator/CO deny your fiance the visa.

I do hope you can find a way to help her, but as of now with the US Law, there is still no waiver if it pertains to drug use.

Good Luck. You have my prayers. God Bless!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'am so sorry to hear that. It was so depressing... I hope there's still way to get her visa. I was just curious what kind of drug it was, if you dont mind can you share it with us... so that the forumers can avoid that drug and may get a clue and do something about it before the interview. Thank you and may God help you.

AOS/EAD/AP

04/22/08 Application Mailed

04/30/08 NOAs date for AOS. EAD & AP

05/20/08 Early Biometrics

05/20/08 Case Status (AOS & EAD) Appeared Online

05/21/08 AOS/EAD Touched

06/02/08 Original Biometrics Appointment

06/19/08 I-485 transfered to CSC :)

06/25/08 Received CSC notice for I-485 (Case received & pending at CSC)

06/26/08 AOS Touched

06/27/08 AOS Touched

07/10/08 AOS Touched

07/11/08 AOS Touched

07/14/08 AOS Touched ( Morning )

07/14/08 AOS APPROVED ( Afternoon ) :)

07/21/08 Welcome Notice & Green Card Recieved :)

No Updates in EAD & AP ( I don't need them anyway ) ...........

K1 VISA

05/30/07 I-129F Mailed

06/01/07 NOA1

06/06/07 Touched

10/12/07 NOA2

10/13/07 Touched

10/15/07 Touched

10/18/07 Recieved Hard copy of NOA2

10/22/07 NVC Letter

11/07/07 Packet 4 Recieved

11/13/07 Early Medical DAY 1

11/14/07 Early Medical DAY 2

11/27/07 Medical Exam

12/04/07 INTERVIEW APPROVED :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.